Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Seems many people are clinging onto outdated notions of loyalty. Brace yourself before reality hits in the next few days.
There's the deluded types who think he considers himself United through and through.
That's one thing .
But signing for City just for a season in the sun (or rain) has very little sense on any level.

Banat

He broke my heart years ago when he joined Madrid.
Couldn't care less if he joins City now when he is almost finished.
Still an amazing player, but rather they get him now then go all out for Haaland next summer.

EngimaMK

I honestly find the United fans who still obsessively lick Ronaldo 's bumhole insanely irritating.

El Zoido

He broke my heart years ago when he joined Madrid.
Couldn't care less if he joins City now when he is almost finished.
Still an amazing player, but rather they get him now then go all out for Haaland next summer.
If anything, this makes it more likely they’ll go for Haaland next summer. Ronaldo would be a stop gap for a year, so I’d guess they’ll be back in for Kane or Haaland next summer.

AussieDevil

I dont understand why people have an issue with those who are upset at this?

Its one of our greatest players who came here as a teenager and blossomed into the best in the world, and is regarded as a GOAT then moving to our rivals during their most successful period whilst we have been poor for the majority of the past decade. He always made his ambition to play for Madrid known, he still gave everything he had for this club whilst he was here.

I for one, fell in love with United after being young and seeing Ronaldo play for us. Its club over player, but that doesn't mean we arent allowed to have a great affinity towards the player.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If anything, this makes it more likely they’ll go for Haaland next summer. Ronaldo would be a stop gap for a year, so I’d guess they’ll be back in for Kane or Haaland next summer.
No it doesn’t. Ronaldo wants 30m net for 2 plus 1 years and a 25m transfer fee according to Romano. Plus the signing on fee and agent fees. They won’t then be getting Haaland next year. Where will Ronaldo go - the bench? From a footballing perspective this deal doesn’t make any sense. You wait the year and go for Kane/Haaland. Obviously from a marketing POV it’s a total dream.

Pep's Suit

No it doesn’t. Ronaldo wants 30m net for 2 plus 1 years and a 25m transfer fee according to Romano. Plus the signing on fee and agent fees. They won’t then be getting Haaland next year. Where will Ronaldo go - the bench? From a footballing perspective this deal doesn’t make any sense. You wait the year and go for Kane/Haaland. Obviously from a marketing POV it’s a total dream.
I think with Kane it was now or never. Haaland, maybe it's like with Messi when the club knows that he has other preference (very likely Real).

El Zoido

Fair enough. But anyway, wasn’t the story earlier in the week that his agent had approached City and they weren’t interested? Why is everyone talking like this will happen now?

Judas

Open to offers
He happily used us for every contract renewal since he left us. It is a shame he's going to end up another Tevez, but oh well.

Always preferred Messi anyway :(

Pep's Suit

I agree on Haaland - he’s definitely got his eye on somewhere. It’s why I’m very surprised you didn’t just spend the money on Kane.
City probably didn't think he's worth 150-160M. Probably even that 127M offer was 100 + add-ons. And honestly I'm happy he won't join City. They lack strong characters and winners so in my eyes Ronaldo would be a better signing. I mean I still don't think that transfer will happen but Blackburn, Bajkowski and Ballus definitely changed their tone in last few hours so... who knows.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I dont understand why people have an issue with those who are upset at this?

Its one of our greatest players who came here as a teenager and blossomed into the best in the world, and is regarded as a GOAT then moving to our rivals during their most successful period whilst we have been poor for the majority of the past decade. He always made his ambition to play for Madrid known, he still gave everything he had for this club whilst he was here.

I for one, fell in love with United after being young and seeing Ronaldo play for us. Its club over player, but that doesn't mean we arent allowed to have a great affinity towards the player.
Nobody has an issue with that. However, there's a difference between affinity and obsession. RVN, Vidic and Scholes would be my favorite United players over the years. But had any of them moved to City, feck them - would definitely want them to struggle there. That's what people have an issue with - those who are seemingly torn between club and ex-player, or want ex-player to do well with our local rivals. It truly is bizarre.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If we don't go for him, we really can't complain he goes to City.

But that's just me and my view of Ronaldo. I always thought he saw as a first step on the ladder of his success and his love for the club was limited to the love of attention he got from playing for us.

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
I sympathise with the Ronaldo fanboys. I went through the same thing when David Seaman joined City. :(:(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Honestly it feels like such a long time ago now that this Ronaldo doesn't even feel like the same guy that played for us.

People seem to clamour for his time at United way more than he actually cares for it. He obviously loves Fergie but he barely makes any noise about United. The fact he's even considering going to City shows where his loyalties are - and that's not with United.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Honestly it feels like such a long time ago now that this Ronaldo doesn't even feel like the same guy that played for us.

People seem to clamour for his time at United way more than he actually cares for it. He obviously loves Fergie but he barely makes any noise about United. The fact he's even considering going to City shows where his loyalties are - and that's not with United.
I’m pretty ambivalent to it. And Juventus want Ronaldo out. They don’t want his wages regardless of what they say. He’s been blamed for their fall from grace and if memory serves he got dropped end of last season. Where else can be go? I’m sure Mendes has tried to shift him here but if we aren’t biting and no other club is in for him then can you actually blame him for going to City? Two of the greatest footballers have both ended up at oil state clubs because none of the others could afford their wages - there’s a lesson on sustainability there somewhere but nobody will learn it I’m sure.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
There is a statue of Denis Law at Old Trafford- and he scored a goal for CIty that relegated us!

people still love Denis

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Fair enough. But anyway, wasn’t the story earlier in the week that his agent had approached City and they weren’t interested? Why is everyone talking like this will happen now?
Think mainly because Kane has since confirmed he is staying and there's been rumors that City's willing to offer him a salary but don't want to pay any fee to Juve.

Deery

Dreary
He’s not going to care about United at all, if one of the best clubs in the world are looking for a striker and want him he’d be an idiot not to want to join at his age, it’s not as if he’ll be getting much more offers and a team like City could save his legs through rest and being a box striker..

Real Name

There is a statue of Denis Law at Old Trafford- and he scored a goal for CIty that relegated us!

people still love Denis
Not the best comparison. As I understand United and City weren't big rivals back then, United would have go down regardless and I don't think Ronaldo will get a statue at OT.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Not the best comparison. As I understand United and City weren't big rivals back then, United would have go down regardless and I don't think Ronaldo will get a statue at OT.
They were always rivals, local rivals. Whether they were shit or not doesnt matter. Ronaldo doesnt deserve a statue at United he wasnt a club legend like Law

But Law did join them, and so did Cole and Schmeichel.

Oldyella

He said we treated him like a slave. He didn't give a shit about United.
This. The constant adulation of an ex player who fecked off and spent his prime years elsewhere baffles me. We are only mentioned in the same breath when he was after his bi annual wage increase from Madrid.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
They were always rivals, local rivals. Whether they were shit or not doesnt matter. Ronaldo doesnt deserve a statue at United he wasnt a club legend like Law

But Law did join them, and so did Cole and Schmeichel.
Law was a Man City player before he became a Man United legend though, he'd already switched from a blue to a red.

Nobody would care about him returning to the blue side.

People gave (and still give) Schmeichel shit, nobody really cared about Cole IIRC because he was about 48 by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.