Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Would you swap CR7 for Martial. A less than prime CR7 could be better than how Martial has performed?
I'll happily swap Martial for CR7. And I even think Martial is a very good player.

Sometimes as a football fan you kinda have to let reason sit at the door and remember that CR7 is one of football's top3 all-time greats. You get him to your club, no matter how dumb the money.

James Peril

I’m another note, why aren’t we actually in for him? Would make so much sense.
We already have a very old striker and he’s two years younger than Ronaldo. Will never do as well as last time he was here, so no thanks. The getting back with your ex-analogy works here, but now she’s not as limber either.

Jaxa

Would be sickening to see him sign for City,

Of all the players not Ronnie ffs , this summer has been so mental you couldn't even rule this out from actually happening

JB7

We already have a very old striker and he’s two years younger than Ronaldo. Will never do as well as last time he was here, so no thanks. The getting back with your ex-analogy works here, but now she’s not as limber either.
Cavani is going to play one game a week. If we can essentially start every game with Cavani OR Ronaldo up front how many more games do we win? We certainly would’ve won on Sunday with one of those two on the pitch for example.

I think it’s insane to not be in for him if he is available.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would you swap CR7 for Martial. A less than prime CR7 could be better than how Martial has performed?
That is basically asking would you sign Ronaldo if he was offered for nothing because that is what Martial currently offers the team - nothing.

izec

No doubt he would like to sign for them. Easy trophies in a dominating team. So funny how the Messi haters were lapping up him going to PSG, when Ronaldo wants the same basically.

They are at the end of their careers on huge money, big brands and can win easy trophies. Nobody says No to that. City will sign him just to piss us off and elevate their status with his brand.

Offsideagain

If he does sign for the bitters, Raheem will have to hand over the number 7 shirt or CR7 won’t be his brand anymore. Still think it media hype and City PR spin to put pressure on United.

Siorac

I would. Especially as you have Greenwood and potentially Haaland going in the future.

Get Ronaldo in for this season, sack off Martial and go big for Haaland next year.
Let's face it, getting Haaland is a pipe dream. Especially if we blow, what, 70m for one year of Ronaldo?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Considering the service he'll get at City I think he will do depressingly well if he goes there.

Cloud7

No doubt he would like to sign for them. Easy trophies in a dominating team. So funny how the Messi haters were lapping up him going to PSG, when Ronaldo wants the same basically.

They are at the end of their careers on huge money, big brands and can win easy trophies. Nobody says No to that. City will sign him just to piss us off and elevate their status with his brand.
Ronaldo should go back to United or Sporting and play for free

Banana Republic

Sell Lingard, Jones, Bailey, Mata, Perreira, Dalot, Chong and Tuanzabe. If you can't get 70 mil for that lot then whoever is in charge needs sacking!
That lot are not worth £70m and nobody would be in for a couple of them.
£40m tops if we could manage to sell the lot, but as it stands, nobody is buying this window.

Siorac

Sell Lingard, Jones, Bailey, Mata, Perreira, Dalot, Chong and Tuanzabe. If you can't get 70 mil for that lot then whoever is in charge needs sacking!
Hey, I'd be delighted to see all of them leave but apparently we haven't found a buyer for a single one of them. Hell, Mata's got a new contract recently which is the height of madness.

kps88

Tammy for 30+ mil, Tomori for 20 odd mil, Guehi for 20 odd. Zouma about to go for 30.

People are buying.
Those are some decent players to be fair. Our unwanted lot aren't as good. Lingard's the only one we have worth something substantial.

MrEleson

Signing for City isn’t the same as signing for PSG. City have far more competition than the french outfit can ever hope to have. They’re the most likely team for the title but it’s not a given by any means. With us at our strongest in a while, Chelsea near their best again under Tuchel, Liverpool recovering from their injury ravaged last campaign; next season could perhaps be the most competitive the league has ever been while the disparity between PsG and their opponents has never been larger.

Not to mention, Ligue 1 has now fallen to 6th in Europe according to UEFA coefficients so Messi no longer plays in a top 5 league.

Noc-Z

ffs
Sign him and play 4-4-2, the old boys up front - Ronaldo as striker and Cavani just behind him, the formation we're playing now isn't working anyway. Slightly tongue in cheek, but I really don't want to see him at City.

cyberman

The idea of Ronaldo signing for City repulses me but the reality of who they are signing doesn’t. This Ronaldo doesn’t suit City at all and he might strangle Grealish when he holds onto the ball for as long as he does

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Obviously for him it might be the next best situation, but it's not his ONLY option.

He could literally play anywhere he wants - but he obviously still wants to win and and earn huge money and only a handful of clubs can offer him that.

If he'd rather take personal joy over millions of fans that idolised him, then that shows what sort of guy he really is IMO.
Tbf, it's that mindset that has taken him to where he is and it's that mindset that has earned him most of his admirers. He has always looked after number one.

Still don't think this will happen. He will either stay or you lot will get dragged into it and sign him and we either go with what we have or sign that Vlahovic fella who I really like the look of all though he is a bit of a risk

Tee27

If this happened it would absolutely sicken me to the core. I’ve never been under the illusion that he loved the club and I know that it was more SAF that he had that adoration for.

However, the fact this club made him the player he is today and how he is revered by the club and fans you would think he wouldn’t go join our direct rivals. I guess players don’t care about that though nowadays when money and trophies are involved which to some extent makes sense.

To see the best player I have ever seen in a man United shirt join our rivals though, I’d absolutely hate it.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

For me, this would sound the death knell of the sport insofar as it being more than ‘just a game’ for us or ‘just a job’ for the players. Without sentiment and romance, what is the sport and why should we care about it beyond it being just a pastime to allow us to escape from the drudgery of our lives once or twice a week? Maybe that’s all it truly is, but I have always liked to believe it’s more than that. Ronaldo’s ‘narrative’ is part of the larger Manchester United story. It’s intrinsically bound with SAF’s story also.

This would take a huge shit on all of that and further the humiliation of City prospering at the behest of a state having a game of Football Manager.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Tammy for 30+ mil, Tomori for 20 odd mil, Guehi for 20 odd. Zouma about to go for 30.

People are buying.
If we had a russian mobster as an owner, we'd also sell our dross at inflated prices. If these players were at United we'd get 20m for Abraham and loan with option to buy for the other three where we'd pay 80% of their wages.

The Firestarter

If we had a russian mobster as an owner, we'd also sell our dross at inflated prices. If these players were at United we'd get 20m for Abraham and loan with option to buy for the other three where we'd pay 80% of their wages.
:lol: what? Are you claiming Roman is bullying other clubs into paying higher fees?

MUFC OK

Note to utd fans: if you see Chelsea fans stirring on here or twitter, just remember they let arguable the two best PL players of the past 5 years in Salah and KDB leave for peanuts, never gave a chance to Lukaku and re-signed him for £97m.

This is far more damning that a legend of Utd joining our rivals aged 36.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
To be genuinely honest I don't think he's ever loved Utd as much as we want him to. It's always felt quite forced coming from him.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

oh 100%. You've already seen the mindset of some on here that will literally cheer him scoring for City.

You just know Ronaldo will score against us and celebrate wildly too. He didn't hold back when he scored at Juve so it's clear whatever connection he had at united is dead to him now.
That’s the worst thing. Shows how I feel about him on a deeper level that I almost expect him to celebrate like a knob if he scores. The ‘shh’ and “SIIIII” bollocks would be out in full force.

MUFC OK

To be genuinely honest I don't think he's ever loved Utd as much as we want him to. It's always felt quite forced coming from him.
His dream was to play for Real Madrid. But it was the fact he was forged in the fires of SAF and a dressing room of Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Rio etc that made him the player his. Along with an unrivalled level of determination and professionalism.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Note to utd fans: if you see Chelsea fans stirring on here or twitter, just remember they let arguable the two best PL players of the past 5 years in Salah and KDB leave for peanuts, never gave a chance to Lukaku and re-signed him for £97m.

This is far more damning that a legend of Utd joining our rivals aged 36.
What on earth does Chelsea making big mistakes in the transfer market have to do with Man United fans being upset at their own legends for a choice of club?

Xaviboy

Amazing Messi and Ronaldo were available to get in same transfer window. It's like Messi made his move to PSG and Ronaldo is like get me to City to try get the headlines and maybe one up on Messi this season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His dream was to play for Real Madrid. But it was the fact he was forged in the fires of SAF and a dressing room of Keane, Giggs, Scholes, Rio etc that made him the player his. Along with an unrivalled level of determination and professionalism.
I'm telling you now it means feck all to him these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.