Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Gotta find that thread with discussion about his legendary status, some even used legendary tiers, so they could put him in there, that thread might be a gold mine after 1st September

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Disappointing if he goes to City, I thought he would have some loyalty to us & not go to them. Guess it’s all a business at the end of the day.
Don't be fooled pal. He was a slave at United remember? The guy doesn't give a shit about united. His main club to him was Real Madrid! We were a stepping stone for him, yet people treat United as his true home :lol:

Bertie 2 Hats

Red Ronnie's United legacy could well be on the way to be shredded... It's a good job we don't have one of those odd looking statues of him outside Old Trafford, the one's that don't remotely look like him.. Mind you, if we did, the Woke Weirdo's could have done him a favour by lassoing and toppling it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ronnie to City with KDB and Mahrez creating chances would be criminal, even on the eye he looks not right for a Pep team.

On the other hand, the UCL will be interesting:
- psg with Neymar and Messi
- City with Grealish and CR7
- Real with Mbappe
- Chelsea being Chelsea
- us with Varane and Sancho in form

Might be an interesting season ahead.
Hey youmeletscrash, Chelsea have standout players too, y'know.

Frank Sinatra Fan

Deery me. His legacy will be tarnished in my book by going to a rival like City, and especially a rival like City. I knew he was an egotist and narcissist but i reckoned he at least had a bit of loyalty about him.
He was never loyal to United, he only ever cared, cares and will care about winning. And when he won it all for United, he saw the club as just a stepping stone for him to go to Real Madrid, the club he really always dreamed of playing for because it's the biggest club in football, specially when he grew up, simple as that. United wasn't big enough for him. He loves Ferguson, but that's it. And his image at this point is far more tied to Real than United.

Also, random fact, Ronaldo Phenomenon played for Barcelona and Real Madrid, and for Internazionale and Milan.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Aside from one of the class of 92 turning up there, I can't really imagine a worse player to join them.
At least it's not Liverpool being the only tiny consolation.

Still don't see it, but it's not boring off still.
I’ve said this a few times, but City feels worse to me than I expect Liverpool would. City will just ram it down our throats. Liverpool are at least another grand old club built on their own success. It’s a different kind of rivalry: we hate them, but begrudgingly respect them. City are new money.

NoLogo

We support United.

Give your heads a wobble. Players come and go!
Exactly. The love fest for CR7 on here has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I really didn't care for him anymore after he left. I can still appreciate him for being an amazing player, but that's about it as far as I am concerned. The only thing that would annoy me is that City would get an amazing striker. He might not be at his very best anymore but I'm affraid that he is still good for 30-45 goals in a season.

UnitedFan93

Sure you may believe Messi is the GOAT, but Ronaldo's name also comes up in the discussion.
Cristiano is not going to disappear just like Pele/Messi/Maradona will not disappear. Even players one level below like Di Stefano, Beckanbauer and Cruyff are not going to 'disappear'.
You are overstating United's permanence in the tier that contains Barca/Bayern/Madrid, You had a chance to get in there in 2010 but you squandered it with poor signings. The new generation of young fans (especially non-English) are idolizing City/Chelsea/Madrid/Barca a lot more than United.
Even your most reputed players - Lukaku (grew up following Chelsea), Pogba (literally United youth) don't consider it unthinkable to transfer away.
:lol:

You're right, young fans are really idolizing Madrid/Barca; two clubs that are refusing to leave the Super League because they know without it they are financially fecked. Both clubs are heavily in debt, both need massive squad overhauls and both are playing in a league that has one tenth of the appeal of the Premier League. Some future.

DSG

Deery me. His legacy will be tarnished in my book by going to a rival like City, and especially a rival like City. I knew he was an egotist and narcissist but i reckoned he at least had a bit of loyalty about him.
Isn’t the definition of an egotist and narcissist that they don’t have any loyalty? Otherwise, they wouldn’t be a narcissist? Just sayin….

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I like the idea of him turning up at Old Trafford to mass abuse and booing. People have been weird about him for years now when he’s clearly never given a feck about United. He’s a Madrid legend and was never a United legend.

Obviously he was a great player but who cares who he goes on to play for.

AgentP

I don't care where he goes. I'm no longer a fan of Ronaldo even if his move to City doesn't happen. I'm now just thinking about the consequences of this deal. City would give him atleast a two year contract I'm thinking. Where would this leave them next year? Will they be back in for another striker? If not, then we'll have a clear shot at either Haaland or Kane next season.

On a side note, this has got to be one of the wildest transfer windows in history! Both GOAT players potentially moving along with a bunch of other top players. Lukaku, Grealish, Sancho, Varane, Ramos, Donnarumma, potentially Mbappe. It's going to be a fun season to see how all these players get along in their new clubs.

Zen86

Expecting loyalty from a guy who said United were treating him like a slave because he wanted to jump ship to Real Madrid.. think a few people are kidding themselves.

Herman Toothrot

It's not really much different to Andy Cole or Peter Schmeichel, a player at the end of his career who only has a couple of willing suiters for his wages. I'm glad we're not throwing our hat in the ring.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I can't see him and pep working well together. I'm probably gonna be wrong, but I don't think they'll be good together

marktan

Hope Juve hold out for 50m. In what world is Ronaldo, who's guaranteed at least a goal a game, worth only 30m euros? Even more ridiculous when it's to City who badly need a striker.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is everyone in agreement though that this is a bad move by City? One that makes no sense and should be good for us (and others competing with them).

I can't believe that Pep would sanction this move. Just seems an epic waste of money.

Frank Sinatra Fan

:lol:

You're right, young fans are really idolizing Madrid/Barca; two clubs that are refusing to leave the Super League because they know without it they are financially fecked. Both clubs are heavily in debt, both need massive squad overhauls and both are playing in a league that has one tenth of the appeal of the Premier League. Some future.
Just three years ago, Real Madrid and Barcelona had won 5 UCLs in succession, had Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. Real Madrid is by far the biggest club in football history. I hate them, but that's the truth.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
he did alright at the euros yes, my point was more that at 36, he quite obviously isnt the same player. I do not think theyll walk the league, no
He isn't, no. He's also no Cavani either though. 36 goals in 44 games last season...

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Guys I think he's going to PSG. Mbappe will move to Real and Ronaldo is going to replace him at PSG.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I like the idea of him turning up at Old Trafford to mass abuse and booing. People have been weird about him for years now when he’s clearly never given a feck about United. He’s a Madrid legend and was never a United legend.

Obviously he was a great player but who cares who he goes on to play for.
Very true.

Strange hero-worship he has amongst many United fans. He's a Madrid legend and is associated with that club.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This is all because of Levy.

If Kane had gone to City. Ronaldo could've moved to United. 100%

MUFC OK

Red Ronnie's United legacy could well be on the way to be shredded... It's a good job we don't have one of those odd looking statues of him outside Old Trafford, the one's that don't remotely look like him.. Mind you, if we did, the Woke Weirdo's could have done him a favour by lassoing and toppling it.
Ronaldo had slaves?

MrEleson

He isn't, no. He's also no Cavani either though. 36 goals in 44 games last season...
Playing under a winemaker and behind bums like Mckennie and Bentancur too.

It wouldn’t shock me if he got close to his Madrid numbers at City providing he stays fit.

croadyman

Guys I think he's going to PSG. Mbappe will move to Real and Ronaldo is going to replace him at PSG.
Sorry to say but looks very much like they have left it far too late and not a damn thing we can do about it either

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I can't see him and pep working well together. I'm probably gonna be wrong, but I don't think they'll be good together
I'm in agreement. I just don't see how Pep is sanctioning this move. Seems like a bizarre move to me.

DSG

Is everyone in agreement though that this is a bad move by City? One that makes no sense and should be good for us (and others competing with them).

I can't believe that Pep would sanction this move. Just seems an epic waste of money.
Maybe Ronnie is doing us a favor. 37 year old striker with a 3-year contract that means that we are in pole position for Haaland next year? Machiavellian, you might say… Thanks, Ronaldo!

Status
Not open for further replies.