Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djemba-Djemba

The atmosphere for that first derby at OT is going to be something else.

He's going to get the worst reception a former Utd player has ever received, no doubt about it.

And rightly so too.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It's amazing that some people are falling for the clearly utter bollocks PR that Ronaldo was offered to Utd too.

It's an attempt to make it look like oh well what choice did Ronaldo have but to go City, its damage limitation for his reputation with Utd fans.

He wanted to go to Madrid, PSG or City. He's a cnut and the one good thing to come from this is no more Ronaldo songs sang ever again, unless they're abusive ones, and the social media team no longer posting tweets celebrating the fecking 13th anniversary of Ronaldo scoring the 3rd in a 4-0 win vs Aston Villa in 2006 or whatever. Desperate attempt to get likes and retweets.
Given the clear love in our media team were giving him during the euros, I’m not buying that because it was ridiculous.

I reckon there were clear discussions ongoing and it’s broken down and now mendes is either panicking, or it’s a ploy to get us to stump up more money. Either way, I’m not buying PR spin.

IMO He’s currently being whored around Europe. If Mbappe gets sold, watch psg come in at the last minute.

Djemba-Djemba

Bro.
Before oil money what was city ?
City 100% are major rivals for Utd, especially if you're from Manchester.

The last 10 years have been fairly horrible and Ronaldo the cnut signing for them is another kick in the gut. He's going to be the most hated ex Utd player of all time, more hated than Tevez and even Paul Ince.

Not that he gives a shit I'm sure.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Given the clear love in our media team were giving him during the euros, I’m not buying that because it was ridiculous.

I reckon there were clear discussions ongoing and it’s broken down and now mendes is either panicking, or it’s a ploy to get us to stump up more money. Either way, I’m not buying PR spin.

IMO He’s currently being whored around Europe. If Mbappe gets sold, watch psg come in at the last minute.
This seems likely.

Also, There’s no way Rio/Evra/Neville know nothing, they’re unusually silent

Gazautd18

36 years old going on 37.
I'm over it.
Will be great to see him playing City's high pressing game.

DevTheRed

I feel so sick about all of this. It’s a huge legacy tarnished, for the sake of 1-2 seasons with Pep.. I find it outrageous.

What makes me feel even worse is all the bollocks were going to get from City fans, and just how little we as a club seem to be doing about it.. shows massive lack of empathy towards United fans and complete lack of ambition to match the windows of City and Chelsea to try and close the gap, unfortunately it only seems to be getting bigger :(

(Praying for a good result Sunday to lift the mood)

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Might be wrong but I don’t think any of the City journos/mouthpieces have said a single word about this since the story really began to spread so fast? I thought they would be all over this considering it would be one of the most unexpected, shocking transfers in a very long time.
Sam Lee (Man City correspondent for the Athletic) said on Tuesday right after Kane deal was off that Mendes/Cristiano offered himself to City, but that City is still thinking.

I'm still at bargaining :(
Stay strong my friend, we will get Haaland.

Dante

Average bang
I hope this happens, and I hope that Ronaldo fails miserably.

For one thing, I don't like Ronaldo as a person at all. Not since he left United in 2009 like a cnut. If he went to City, the rest of the fanbase would finally agree with me... better late than never.

On the other hand, I fully appreciate how good a play he is. If he went to City, it would improve them massively on paper. Which would make it even sweeter if Pep couldn't find a way to integrate him into the side and he flopped.

Gurtej

It’s Karma… When RVP signed for us, we were super happy…. Now we are super sad…

Don’t cry for someone who doesn’t care…. Try to be better and be angry at our club..

I don’t care if he joins city but I would be angry if we don’t get Halland next year!! That’s unforgivable

markhughes

Just think how good it will be when we smash City at Old Trafford this season, watching Ronaldo sulk off while the Stretford End give it to him will be a thing of beauty.

AFC NimbleThumb

My God.

He never wanted to come here.

We didn't turn down a move for him.

Some of you are so blinded by this affection for Ronaldo.

The man does not care about Manchester United and never has.
This pretty much sums it up for me.

The club played a key part in his development but he undoubtedly feels the debt was repaid on the pitch & with a rather sizeable transfer fee.

He’ll have fond memories of his time at the club but he hasn’t ever wanted to come back.

Super Nani

Really can’t understand why he would want to irreparably damage his legacy with United fans around the world by playing for City at this stage of his career. Ever since he left us all those years ago I never had any fear of him joining one of our Premier League rivals let alone City out of respect to us but here we are, now all expecting the worse to unfortunately happen imminently. What a truly crappy knock on effect of Daniel Levy refusing to let Kane leave.

Jam

Do any of you think less of the Law Man or Schmeichel for playing for City?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Football just feels like it's been turned upside down these days as a United supporter. It just feels like somewhere along the way, realty got all twisted and messed up.

We've got bloody Ronaldo sighing for City. We've gone from extremely dominant to never winning a thing. We make transfers that don't sit right with the old status quo, going for agreeing stars from other big teams, where they've already won everything. We play some drab football and a section of fans defend it to the max. By the same token I and others get fed up of a club legend who is now our manager.

Nothing feels right anymore.

redmanx

If he's scoring a lot for them, which I think he will and if they end up running far ahead again - It's going to be a long season and we'll never hear the end of it.
If this move happens the noisy neighbours will get even noisier.

RedDevilRoshi

I hope this happens, and I hope that Ronaldo fails miserably.

For one thing, I don't like Ronaldo as a person at all. Not since he left United in 2009 like a cnut. If he went to City, the rest of the fanbase would finally agree with me... better late than never.

On the other hand, I fully appreciate how good a play he is. If he went to City, it would improve them massively on paper. Which would make it even sweeter if Pep couldn't find a way to integrate him into the side and he flopped.
Hopefully something similar to what happened between Zlatan & Pep at their time together at Barca.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Wouldn't it be wonderful if he was totally ineffective coming back to Premier League at this age? End the season with 6 goals and getting dominated by the likes Tarkowski and Michael Keane most weeks.

SplitzMagic

Rememeber the Morata x Lukaku smokescreen.

Maybe Ronaldo is playing funny games with City only to join us.

Maybe?..... :confused:

Eddy_JukeZ

Law played for City 1st, then moved to us and then he went back.

Schmeichel went there at the end of his career when he was pretty much finished as a GK, but even then, his cartwheel was shameful.

I don't think it's apples and apples.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Good luck to him. He has earned it. Ronaldo has be to be the hardest working player around. He can do what he wants. He transcends petty football rivalry.

Law played for City before he played for United, and then moved back to City after his success with us. Completely different context.

Yes lots of United fans were fuming at the time when Schmeichel went to City and many still hold no love for him.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Really can’t understand why he would want to irreparably damage his legacy with United fans around the world by playing for City at this stage of his career. Ever since he left us all those years ago I never had any fear of him joining one of our Premier League rivals let alone City out of respect to us but here we are, now all expecting the worse to unfortunately happen imminently. What a truly crappy knock on effect of Daniel Levy refusing to let Kane leave.
He wants more trophies, especially a CL and/or a Balon.

Won't get it at Juve, some senior guy at PSG said won't happen/don't ask again, Bayern wouldn't have him/afford him, big Spanish clubs still counting pennies (literally in Barca's case) so you're left with England.

Chelsea don't want him, United maybe don't want him/maybe Glazers won't stump up (who knows) so not many options left.

I don't think it's money, it's a title/CL/Balon chance. For all the "I will always love Manchester United" blah blah, we all know Ronnie is amazingly driven to win/break records... his legacy as a player outweighs his legacy as a United player (to him).

MUFC OK

Just think how good it will be when we smash City at Old Trafford this season, watching Ronaldo sulk off while the Stretford End give it to him will be a thing of beauty.
Not something I can get overly excited about or wanted to ever see tbh.

Dash247

I had a feeling that we would sign him next year when Cavani is done with us and he is done with his Juve contract. Lets see how this goes.

He is ruining his name and his legacy if he makes the move to City.

Status
Not open for further replies.