Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I can't be the only one that thinks Pogba will easily add more to our team than this CR7 right?

Any world where we sacrifice Pogba to help Juve get Ronnie's salary off their books is not one I want a part of.

Although, I guess it would mean we no longer have any Raoila dealings, so silver linings and all that.

Green_Red

30 mill for a 36 year old on massive wages who will demand to play every single minute of every single game, I'd rather City have him.
Come on man, this is the ending of a 12 year transfer muppet saga, get involved!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don’t want him. But I would also prefer if he doesn’t join City.

PSG, where are you??

Riz

Guys, what if this is a counter PR by United to show fans we were actually in for him and he decided to move to City anyway? Ronaldo would be the undisputed villain for United fans.
I don’t think that makes sense as that is just deliberately making us look weak.

“Yeh we wanted him but he chose City instead.”

Setting up that narrative about our own former player would be bizarre.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
How is everyone getting this so wrong?

We've offered 30m for Ronaldo. They want Pogba in exchange but to get Pogba they'd have to stump up 30m+Ronaldo.
The most important thing is that journalist knows bugger all. We’ve signed camavinga 3 times this summer according to him! We aren’t getting rid of Pogba. Chill everyone!

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Yeah but surely the whole plan was to have a final year of Cavani and then go for Haaland next summer? Now we'll potentially have a 37 year old Ronaldo next season which means we likely wouldn't go for anyone else.
Who fecking cares about Haaland. Lets be real here, if we got Ronaldo, we'd all be getting a Ronaldo 7 shirt. Also can we change squad numbers for players after the season's already begun? Can't fecking wait, bring it on. I feel like a kid again.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
How is everyone getting this so wrong?

We've offered 30m for Ronaldo. They want Pogba in exchange but to get Pogba they'd have to stump up 30m+Ronaldo.

EDIT: Tweets gone now so it was probably bollox anyway.
Because I'm transfer delirious and don't read things well.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Because Ronaldo will sign for 2-3 years at a very high wage. How do you convince Haaland to join when Sancho is on the right, Rashford is on the left and CR7 is at striker? Do you think Haaland joins to be a part time striker? Do the Glaziers pay CR7’s huge wages and add Haaland’s reported £800k/week as well?

Simply, with CR7, there’s no room in the starting lineup nor the wage bill.
Why are you so sure Ronaldo would sign for 2-3 years? He's 36. Every chance it'll just be for a single year with the intention of signing Haaland next summer.

If we get him, it'll be 1 year with the option for another I reckon.

newsdevil

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told Manchester City will not be signing Cristiano Ronaldo. They considered the possibility but decided against.</p>&mdash; Simon Stone (@sistoney67) <a href="">August 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Sounds salty :lol:
He used to support United as well. Sam Lee is a fecking rat, Although he gets a bit of leeway since he got turned due to his job covering city,

Hawks2008

I'd rather just put the resources towards our midfield that is barely functioning, and then all eyes on Haaland summer 2022.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
Calling Cavani and Ronaldo like for like is comical actuallly. Cavani in his best year doesnt match ronaldos worst in terms of goals/assists.

United should be all in if available and espescialy if a rival wants to sign him
Like for like in terms of what they've been signed to do.

United don't see Cavani as a long term solution, but needed a clinical forward. City don't see Ronaldo as a long term solution, but need a clinical forward.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Re the thread title change, is Ducker regarded as more reliable than Fabrizio?!

Status
Not open for further replies.