Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilev

Can we stop with the "new kit deal" charade, pls.

https://www.football-italia.net/40963/juventus-announce-adidas-deal
"Juventus have officially announced a new six-year deal with Adidas from the 2015-16 season worth €139.5m."
First of all. I was not saying that Juventus would re-negotiate the deal, i was using this numbers as an example that Juve commercial revenue is extremely weak for a club of that status and that Ronaldo would increase it significantly.
Secondly, they are a lot of moving parts here. You seem to not understand how kit deal works. First of all, Juve regained control of their licensing under Adidas, you can read about it in their financial report. The same thing happened when MU transfered from Nike. Adidas have different business model. Also any kit deal have a big variable component, so the actual revenue might fluctuate significantly. Ultimately it's a fact that with Ronaldo the payments from Adidas and money from branding goods would increase.
When Juve sit to negotiate a new kit deal, the first year that deal would go through is the 2022/2023 season, by that point how is Ronaldo going to be a factor?
Of course. Ronaldo will significantly raise brand awareness, esp in foreign markets. This will have an effect long after he will leave Juve.

MrEleson

He won a grand total of two league titles in nearly ten years in Spain, and that's mostly with much better teammates in a supposedly weaker league.
That says more about how good Barca have been than Ronaldo though.

His LEAGUE record for Madrid:

09/10: 26 goals in 29 games
10/11: 40 goals in 34 games (broke a 40 year goalscoring record + golden boot).
11/12: 46 goals in 38 games (won the league)
12/13: 34 goals in 34 games
13/14: 31 goals in 30 games (golden boot)
14/15: 48 goals in 35 (!) games (still unable to win the league due to MSN dominance).
15/16: 35 goals in 36 games
16/17: 25 goals in 29 games
17/18: 27 goals in 26 games (after only scoring 1 goal in the first half of the season and being 32/33 years old)

Those numbers are nothing short of supernatural and several echelons above anything anyone has ever produced in premier league history. Had he been playing in England those years there's little doubt that whatever team had him would have won the league in each and EVERY one of those seasons apart from maybe the last two where he only turned it on late in the season.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Didn't see this coming, with so many times he's flirted with leaving he's finally done it. But Madrid will be a lot weaker for sure, should be interesting to see how they'll do without him.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
That says more about how good Barca have been than Ronaldo though.

His LEAGUE record for Madrid:

09/10: 26 goals in 29 games
10/11: 40 goals in 34 games (broke a 40 year goalscoring record + golden boot).
11/12: 46 goals in 38 games (won the league)
12/13: 34 goals in 34 games
13/14: 31 goals in 30 games (golden boot)
14/15: 48 goals in 35 (!) games (still unable to win the league due to MSN dominance).
15/16: 35 goals in 36 games
16/17: 25 goals in 29 games
17/18: 27 goals in 26 games (after only scoring 1 goal in the first half of the season and being 32/33 years old)

Those numbers are nothing short of supernatural and several echelons above anything anyone has ever produced in premier league history. Had he been playing in England those years there's little doubt that whatever team had him would have won the league in each and EVERY one of those seasons apart from maybe the last two where he only turned it on late in the season.
As great a goalscorer as he undoubtedly is, how many goals would Ronaldo score at any other PL club during that time period is a matter of conjecture. He himself had one 30+ league goals season in the PL and never broke twenty goals before or after.

That other part about him turning it on late is exactly why I countered your claim that Manchester United would immediately become PL favorites. The man is 33 years old, if those last two seasons are any indicator he is simply not up for a 38 game grind that is needed for winning the league, and probably a reason why he didn't even contemplate returning and signed for Juventus instead.

King.of.Red

I feel sad. I really hope seeing him with United jersey once more. although I also want United to spend their money for other players. mixed feeling. sigh.. well, good luck CR7!

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
We will regret this when he lifts the CL with Juve. If we can piss away our money on a lacklustre Pogba and a hit or miss Sanchez, we can bring Ronaldo back. We didn't and we fecked up.

For those morons who think this move is about money for Ronaldo, give your head a shake. If it was about the money he would've gone to China or the US or Qatar ffs.

His legacy will be cemented by dominating 3 leagues and more importantly, dominating it for the biggest club in England, Spain and Italy. We are witnessing the GOAT.

Velvet Revolver

We will regret this when he lifts the CL with Juve. If we can piss away our money on a lacklustre Pogba and a hit or miss Sanchez, we can bring Ronaldo back. We didn't and we fecked up.

For those morons who think this move is about money for Ronaldo, give your head a shake. If it was about the money he would've gone to China or the US or Qatar ffs.

His legacy will be cemented by dominating 3 leagues and more importantly, dominating it for the biggest club in England, Spain and Italy. We are witnessing the GOAT.
What is the point of bringing and slagging Pogba (who might win the world cup btw ) in this conversation?

KC91

surely they have to find a better keeper?
Szczesny's been very good the last 2 seasons, and if not for Buffon's reputation he likely would have replaced him in Juve's line-up last season. If he can't handle the #1 spot for some reason, Perin is a very good replacement.

As for this move, great for both parties. No-brainer for Juve, and Ronaldo should be able to win many trophies there and build on to his already stacked legacy. Great for the Italian league as well. Napoli, Roma, and Inter have all strengthened this summer and should push Juve just as much as last season. The top of the league is very competitive and this will add even more tension and drama to those big matches. Although Ronaldo will obviously give Juventus a huge advantage in the grand scheme of things. The slower overall pace of the league should suit him as he ages but he is likely going to get beat up around the box in Serie A, I don't think any other top league in Europe is as physical around the box as Serie A & I'm sure every opposing defender in the league is going to target him when they can. Looking forward to how everything plays out, obviously Juventus main goal is building their global brand exponentially and adding another CL to their trophy cabinet, adding Ronaldo gives them a very good chance of doing both.

Reactions: SteveJ

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, good move for him but I hope we don't have to play against Juve on UCL, hope he does very well then but I can imagine another Morata scenario where he knocks us out with a bicycle or something silly like that.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ronaldo is going to have a massive adjustment in CL without getting that excellent service from Modric and Marcelo and Kroos.

Juventus are good but I don’t see them getting back to the CL final with an aging squad

VP

For someone so far up Ronaldo's arse, you seem to know remarkably little about him. Ronaldo has little loyalty to United - it's why he fecked off at the first chance he got and why he didn't want to come back to United.

gibers

What will Ronaldo do for us exactly? He was bad for half the season in the last 3 years. if we want to win the league we have no business buying Ronaldo. Plus Juve are a better team and he has more chances of winning things with them and getting another cl.

Kita

Juve shop page has been slow or down all day. The amount of purchases must be insane. Thought about getting one myself because the kit is decent to be fair.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
What will Ronaldo do for us exactly? He was bad for half the season in the last 3 years. if we want to win the league we have no business buying Ronaldo. Plus Juve are a better team and he has more chances of winning things with them and getting another cl.
I don’t know? He has won almost everything in the last 3 years.

InfiniteBoredom

I don’t know? He has won almost everything in the last 3 years.
He won 2 league titles in 10 years.

Granted, we are a bit of a cup team ourselves nowadays so he might help us win the CL, but it’s a long shot.

The current Ronaldo is no longer the same player who left Utd. He needs people creating chances for him, something we suck immeasurably at. He wouldn’t enjoy playing for us (under Mourinho as well) and as a result we would be no better off having him in the team, trophy-wise.

Canagel

Ronaldo is going to have a massive adjustment in CL without getting that excellent service from Modric and Marcelo and Kroos.

Juventus are good but I don’t see them getting back to the CL final with an aging squad
I don't think so. It's Marcelo, Kroos and Modric who will struggle without having Ronaldo to finish their chances. His movement and ability to find spaces is second to none and this Real Madrid team will struggle massively without his presence. If anything they are the ones on the decline not Juve. Juventus were so close to ET and had completely dominated the game at Bernabeu. They aren't that far away. This move on paper makes them stronger than Real imo.

arnie_ni

I don't think so. It's Marcelo, Kroos and Modric who will struggle without having Ronaldo to finish their chances. His movement and ability to find spaces is second to none and this Real Madrid team will struggle massively without his presence. If anything they are the ones on the decline not Juve. Juventus were so close to ET and had completely dominated the game at Bernabeu. They aren't that far away. This move on paper makes them stronger than Real imo.
Yep. Ronaldos movement is the best in the world. They knew he would be exactly where he needed to be.

Costa dybala etc aren't bad players. They will find him because he will get open in the box

Javi

So when is Ronaldo going to Turin? Imagine the fans will go nuts at the airport and at Juvetuns HQ.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He won 2 league titles in 10 years.

Granted, we are a bit of a cup team ourselves nowadays so he might help us win the CL, but it’s a long shot.

The current Ronaldo is no longer the same player who left Utd. He needs people creating chances for him, something we suck immeasurably at. He wouldn’t enjoy playing for us (under Mourinho as well) and as a result we would be no better off having him in the team, trophy-wise.
Are you sure that’s all he won? :confused:

In last 3 years:

CL winner
(Ballon D’or??)

CL winner
League winner
Club WC winner
UEFA Super Cup winner
Spanish Super Cup winner
Ballon D’or

CL winner
Euro Cup winner
Club WC winner
Ballon D’or

InfiniteBoredom

In last 3 years:

CL winner
(Ballon D’or??)

CL winner
League winner
Club WC winner
UEFA Super Cup winner
Spanish Super Cup winner
Ballon D’or

CL winner
Euro Cup winner
Club WC winner
Ballon D’or
I know what he won, already addressed the prospect of him making us a better cup team. Impressive Wiki-browsing skill.

What fanbois like you claim is that he’d make us instant favourite for the league, which is something not backed up by his league record at Real. And before someone counters with: ‘But but none of the PL team is as good as Barca’, Baldy and his bunch won the league with 100 points last season.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

In last 3 years:

CL winner
(Ballon D’or??)

CL winner
League winner
Club WC winner
UEFA Super Cup winner
Spanish Super Cup winner
Ballon D’or

CL winner
Euro Cup winner
Club WC winner
Ballon D’or
That's not what he said and you know it.

I don't know what Balon d'Or have to do with club honours .

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's not what he said and you know it.

I don't know what Balon d'Or have to do with club honours .
He is responding directly to my statement that Ronaldo had almost won everything in past 3 years, in response to someone who claim he was in decline in last 3 years and can’t win us anything.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I know what he won, already addressed the prospect of him making us a better cup team. Impressive Wiki-browsing skill.

What fanbois like you claim is that he’d make us instant favourite for the league, which is something not backed up by his league record at Real. And before someone counters with: ‘But but none of the PL team is as good as Barca’, Baldy and his bunch won the league with 100 points last season.
It’s back up by every other record though. Why need to conveniently ignore everything else in order to backup your claim?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

Give it a rest.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s back up by every other record though. Why need to conveniently ignore everything else in order to backup your claim?
How is it backed up 'by every other record'? What revelancy does him winning a Super Cup game has on a 38 league game season?

Fact of the matter is that the last 3 years he did decline, and that's reflected in his reduced number of games as his body can no longer fully cope with a 60 games season, and that plays a huge role in Madrid losing out on 2 league titles in 3 years. Last year he had a solitary league goal after god knows how many game, Lukaku get slaughtered here for the same scoreless streak.

Would Ronaldo improve our team? Unquestionably. Would he make us favourite or at least one among the strongest contenders for League/CL? Nope. Our problems can't be fixed by adding a prolific goalscorer on the wane, which is what he is now, and expect him to score 30 league goals being supplied by Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Jesse Lingard and Pogba instead of Modric, Kroos, Isco and Marcelo is delusional.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How is it backed up 'by every other record'? What revelancy does him winning a Super Cup game has on a 38 league game season?

Fact of the matter is that the last 3 years he did decline, and that's reflected in his reduced number of games as his body can no longer fully cope with a 60 games season, and that plays a huge role in Madrid losing out on 2 league titles in 3 years. Last year he had a solitary league goal after god knows how many game, Lukaku get slaughtered here for the same scoreless streak.

Would Ronaldo improve our team? Unquestionably. Would he make us favourite or at least one among the strongest contenders for League/CL? Nope. Our problems can't be fixed by adding a prolific goalscorer on the wane, which is what he is now, and expect him to score 30 league goals being supplied by Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young and Jesse Lingard and Pogba instead of Modric, Kroos, Isco and Marcelo is delusional.
Then name me another player in this planet who has won more major trophies than him in the past 3 years then.

Also, it’s delusional to expect Ronaldo to score 30 goals in 31 matches for Portugal in past 3 years too, supported by Portugal midfielders - in which he did. Ok I get your point.

InfiniteBoredom

Then name me another player in this planet who has won more major trophies than him in the past 3 years then.

Also, it’s delusional to expect Ronaldo to score 30 goals in 31 matches for Portugal in past 3 years too, supported by Portugal midfielders - in which he did. Ok I get your point.
The desperation :lol:. If international performance was a worthy benchmark, we wouldn't have sold Bambi Welbeck.

Look, he had a very successful last 3 seasons, especially since he worked out that winning the CL was/is his best bet of getting the Balon D'Or. But of all the trophies he had won, he was an important but not singularly crucial part of it. Without Ramos's header in 2014, Real didn't win La Decima. Without fecking Eder scoring the winning goal, he would end up with the same international trophy haul as Freddy Adu. Last year he made the difference against Juve, followed by 2 terrible semi legs and the final which he was anonymous in. I'm not downplaying his achievements, it's amazing, but it has to be acknowledged that he had the best platform possible to achieve that, and when we still have Young/Valencia as fullbacks, Mata/Lingard as RM, Fellaini, Herrera, Matic in midfield, we won't win crap with him in that set up.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The desperation :lol:. If international performance was a worthy benchmark, we wouldn't have sold Bambi Welbeck.

Look, he had a very successful last 3 seasons, especially since he worked out that winning the CL was/is his best bet of getting the Balon D'Or. But of all the trophies he had won, he was an important but not singularly crucial part of it. Without Ramos's header in 2014, Real didn't win La Decima. Without fecking Eder scoring the winning goal, he would end up with the same international trophy haul as Freddy Adu. Last year he made the difference against Juve, followed by 2 terrible semi legs and the final which he was anonymous in. I'm not downplaying his achievements, it's amazing, but it has to be acknowledged that he had the best platform possible to achieve that, and when we still have Young/Valencia as fullbacks, Mata/Lingard as RM, Fellaini, Herrera, Matic in midfield, we won't win crap with him in that set up.
What a ridiculous comparison this is exactly what Stalin would have said.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Don’t be ridiculous. 30 recent international games (including a Euro and WC) is a fair sample size to judge a player, together with his club performance of course.
Besides, Welbeck only scored 16 international goals vs Ronaldo 85. That’s country miles difference.

I am not saying signing Ronaldo will automatically make us win every trophies . But it’s does increase the odds, more than any other players we could have possibly sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.