Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
The entire GOoAT thing can feck off really. Pisses me off so much when Ronaldo and Messi are talked about as GOATs with zero WC
To win a WC any GOAT needs a team around them and unfortunately for both of them they don’t have and Argentina had the players but not a manager. Thats why I don’t buy this GoAT no sense when Best was one of the best players but would be impossible for him to win a WC.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
"Real Madrid have conquered my heart". You know, that's why I demanded to leave.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surely you are joking. First we need to figure out how to beat the likes of Sevilla before thinking about Juventus and Real.
United massively underperformed in the return leg, remember the public outrage in here? Being this poor when it matters most against decent opposition could result in getting the manager relieved off his duties immediately.

Next season it's a new ball game. In recent years some teams showed up in no time on international stage, with the talent we already have and the acquisitions who are yet to come we can give anyone a run for their money, except a team like Barcelona and maybe Real Madrid.

Robertd0803

We will get drawn against Juve in the CL I have no doubt.

Gutted we didnt buy him back.

The Firestarter

United massively underperformed in the return leg, remember the public outrage in here? Being this poor when it matters most against decent opposition could result in getting the manager relieved off his duties immediately.

Next season it's a new ball game. In recent years some teams showed up in no time on international stage, with the talent we already have and the acquisitions who are yet to come we can give anyone a run for their money, except a team like Barcelona and maybe Real Madrid.
We have sufficient player talent I'd give you that. It's the management department that needs renovation.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We will get drawn against Juve in the CL I have no doubt.

Gutted we didnt buy him back.
Hopefully we get 1 big team and 2 piss easy teams in the group stages. Big games early in the season and a simple path to the knockouts.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Wonder what happens to Higuain now? Cristiano nowadays occupies his spot. Ronaldo could be lethal with Dybala, Costa and Pjanic feeding him.

That being said, 100 million for a 34 year old.. that's a statement. Much risk involved. Juve basically speculates he can maintain a worldclass level at least until the age of 37.
After Sarri goes to Chelsea I'm guessing they'd both be happy with a reunion. It's definitely possible that he stays and they rotate a lot though.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
For feck sake! First Zidane and now Ronaldo, it's laughable we're getting rid of him and Benzema still stays at the club. :lol:

:(
This summer has been Benzema's worst nightmare. Zidane and Ronaldo gone... it's actully going to be pretty interesting to see how he does next season.

X-MEN

Interesting...real Madrid bought Ronaldo as FIFA best player with 23 years old...now they sold him with 33 years old and still...the best FIFA player in the World!
All football fans should be happy to had the oportunity to see him playing...and one day to tell stories about him to incoming generations!
We all should ”love” Ronaldo and Messi!

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Did they made offers for him? City wont bat an eye lid, United not taking the chance, PSG dont even make the noise since this news broken( albeit its more down to their FFP i think). Many factor included, but we all know, he wants more money than before, Perez not having it and Juve swoop in for him. Not money for you?
:lol: Like every football player he does want more money but this is not purely a money move. He would have gone to MLS for max money/marketing.

Nedved10

Supports
Juventus
I'm Juventus supporter. I'm crying. I can't believe it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I read 500k a week but not sure how true that is.
Doesn't that absolutely shatter Juve's pay structure, if true?

I didn't think anyone but the oil clubs and random Chinese ones could actually afford, or would entertain, paying Ronaldo's wages. Big surprise it's Juve doing so.

Kearnkoff69

Juve will likely have to sell an attacker now, right? I know Juve will try to offload Higuain, but how about swooping in with a tasty offer for Dybala? He has played as a right attacker before with a free role, which is basically what Mata and Lingard play when they operate there for us, and he's got loads more talent and potential (and goal scoring) than those two.

It'll never happen, but it's nice to dream.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
100m plus 20m+ per year is some opulence. Fascinating that a team who were relegated fairly recently can afford it, not to mention their reported revenue.

Traub

Wait if he wins the Ballon D'Or this year, does it count as winning at three different clubs?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I read 500k a week but not sure how true that is.
It was around 30m a year after tax, for 4 years. His existing contract at Real is about 21m after tax for another 3 years. Both Messi and Neymar earns 30m+ per year after tax too.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Fiat are going to sponsor him for 20 million of his wages and Juve will pay the other 10 million

Reports are suggesting something along those lines

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Interesting...real Madrid bought Ronaldo as FIFA best player with 23 years old...now they sold him with 33 years old and still...the best FIFA player in the World!
All football fans should be happy to had the oportunity to see him playing...and one day to tell stories about him to incoming generations!
We all should ”love” Ronaldo and Messi!
This. Both have done ridiculous things and we've had the pleaseure of witnessing them doing it. Anyone with anything negative to say about either are people with opinions not worth a grain of dirt.

JohnJohn

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid pays 80m to United for Ronaldo. United pays 89m to Juventus for Pogba and Juventus pays 93m to Madrid for Ronaldo.

It's the circle of life... I mean football.

Zen

Madness. But he's definitely worth the risk, fit as a fiddle, slower paced league....will bring bonkers amount in marketing, the Italian league in general just needs the boost.

4 year contract....sounds like he's eyeing up a retirement World Cup run.

Status
Not open for further replies.