Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Anyone have a relatively legitimate source for the financials of this deal - specifically the transfer fee and how much Ronaldo is getting paid?

How are Juve affording his wages?
Fiat are paying them I believe in the form of a sponsorship deal.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
How is it nonsense? I understand how the market's inflated insanely since then, but it must go down as the biggest bargain of all time relatively speaking?
Tbf you had some good years out of him and sold him for a big profit too.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The fact that Madrid have let him go without any resistance speaks volumes. £100 million on a 33/34 year old is terrific business.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Very good wrap up from Marcotti here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He will 100% score a goal on his first game for them.
Wonder if he's going to try to break higuain's record. Juventus will want to manage his minutes like we did last two seasons to keep him fresh for CL.

I have mixed feelings right now

vangagal

Wonder if he's going to try to break higuain's record. Juventus will want to manage his minutes like we did last two seasons to keep him fresh for CL.

I have mixed feelings right now
Serie-A not so intensed like La-Liga or even EPL. He will be fine i think. It mostly would be walk in the park for him most of the time. I think Juve need his drive in CL, something they are badly need right now.

Who do you reckon will replace him? I can see Neymar being a possibility right now.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wonder what happens to Higuain now? Cristiano nowadays occupies his spot. Ronaldo could be lethal with Dybala, Costa and Pjanic feeding him.

That being said, 100 million for a 34 year old.. that's a statement. Much risk involved. Juve basically speculates he can maintain a worldclass level at least until the age of 37.

vangagal

Is that why he didn’t go to psg city or China ?
Did they made offers for him? City wont bat an eye lid, United not taking the chance, PSG dont even make the noise since this news broken( albeit its more down to their FFP i think). Many factor included, but we all know, he wants more money than before, Perez not having it and Juve swoop in for him. Not money for you?

ninjaskill

Feel like Juve partly signed him to try and get more foreign fans to help boost them long run with Ronaldo bringing his fans with him, as a loyal Juve fan for the last couple hours I'm quite concerned we took such a risk with making our by far record signing a 33 year old even one as good as Ronaldo with some of it hedged on bringing in new fans.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
He’s threatened it for the last few years but now I can’t believe it. Slightly disappointed we didn’t bring him back to crack our goal scoring record. Hope we’re in for bale

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It'll be a massive hit for Madrid for 1-2 seasons till they find a player to replace Ronaldo's crazy numbers but they'll be alright eventually. They were going to do this step sooner or later anyway.
That's the key. Hopefully this forces Flo to act now. Cristiano scored 44 goals this season, Benzema scored 12....

vangagal

Feel like Juve partly signed him to try and get more foreign fans to help boost them long run with Ronaldo bringing his fans with him, as a loyal Juve fan for the last couple hours I'm quite concerned we took such a risk with making our by far record signing a 33 year old even one as good as Ronaldo with some of it hedged on bringing in new fans.
You already made the deal with the devil by changing logo to new modern looks era. Signing CR7 is the new step forward to bringing attention from casual fans.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
:lol:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Part of me was always hoping we'll bring him back once his Madrid chapter ends. Gutted we'll never see him in the red shirt again.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If the money in football was as modest as the overall currencies markets Madrid would made a small gain in real terms. £80m that Madrid spent on Ronaldo in 2009 would be worth £101.6m today. Then you take into account the inflation of the football industry and Madrid have actually made a considerable loss on Ronaldo in real terms with the transfer fees involved. Of course Ronaldo has brought in huge amounts of revenue for the club and so they have overall benefited hugely from him.

Renegade

I’m surprised his left with no emotional goodbye or fanfare at Madrid. For how long his been there and what’s his achieved on a personal and club level.
Buffon,Iniesta and cant remember who the other person this summer was all got big OTT goodbyes. I know this transfer wasn’t planned but still..

peridigm

I can't help but think we did not go for him because it meant we would have to deal with Perez and he only wants one thing from United.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
This is the shocking transfer I think I've ever seen. Beats the Neymar to PSG for me, absolutely absurd.
It really goes to show that anything is possible.
Next year, Messi will probably move clubs and the fee will be truly outrageous.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I’m surprised his left with no emotional goodbye or fanfare at Madrid. For how long his been there and what’s his achieved on a personal and club level.
Buffon,Iniesta and cant remember who the other person this summer was all got big OTT goodbyes. I know this transfer wasn’t planned but still..
I think he will start his social media campaign over the coming hours and it will continue for several days or even weeks.
Ronaldo won't let his transfer fizzle out. He'll milk it.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
For feck sake! First Zidane and now Ronaldo, it's laughable we're getting rid of him and Benzema still stays at the club. :lol:

:(

The Firestarter

Without the support from Modric, Kroos and Marcelo Ronaldo won't win another Champions-League. Not the best move from Ronaldo, but sour grapes got the better of him and his 'more goals than games' record is safe.

We should be very happy, because Real will most likely be worse off next season and United should be able to stand a good chance against this Juventus side.
Surely you are joking. First we need to figure out how to beat the likes of Sevilla before thinking about Juventus and Real.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks like it really could've been on. Hopefully we have better plans for the future.

Will definitely be interesting seeing him there.

JohnJohn

Supports
Real Madrid
His Real Madrid career is going to be talked about for decades. Absolutely insane.

You know he's going to rip the piss out of Serie A too.
450 goals in 438 games total. 105 goals in 101 games in CL. Absolutely Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.