Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Lukkaku actually had a better goals pr game record at Everton in his 2 final seasons in the PL compared to his 2 seasons with us. There always a lot of factors involved. Strangely this year the PL top scorers are Vardy for Leicester and Danny Ings for Southampton depite the PL being considered the best in the world.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ronaldo's at 13(16 if you count country ). There's a reason for the Penaldo jokes 1/3 of all his goals are pens
Rashford scored 7 penally this season, among his 22 goals scored. Around 1/3 of his goals are pens.
Immobile scored 12 penalty this season, among his 33 goals scored, Around 1/3 of his goals are pens.
Bruno scored 11 penalty this season, among his 24 goals scored for Man Utd and Sporting. Nearly 1/2 of his goals are pens.

Yet no one ever discredit the no. of penalty goals scored from these players, there's only praised for them this season. Should we start Pensford/Penmobile/Peno joke on them as well? To be fair?

In fact, Ronaldo is probably the only player ever who always get discredited for scoring penalties, despite scoring 734 career goals already, and on his way breaking all time record in football history too.

How weird.

K_Ash

Ronaldo fans getting giddy after he scores a few penalties for the strongest team in a very weak league remind me of Trump fans cheering their man after he drank water without spilling.
Yeah
fastest player to reach 50 goals in Serie A
in line with
fastest player to reach 200 goals in Spanish league
fastest player to reach 300 goals in Spanish league
and
record holder for most goals (128) and assists (40) in the history of Champions League

All he is doing right now is just putting some ice cream on the Cherry (already) on top as the GOAT

Metalix

Supports
Juventus
the disrespects this guy gets is pathetic . he has left his comfort zone many times to prove himself somewhere else each time he felt a bit comfort.
and we have people hating on him just because he doesn't stop scoring.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Rashford scored 7 penally this season, among his 22 goals scored. Around 1/3 of his goals are pens.
Immobile scored 12 penalty this season, among his 33 goals scored, Around 1/3 of his goals are pens.
Bruno scored 11 penalty this season, among his 24 goals scored for Man Utd and Sporting. Nearly 1/2 of his goals are pens.

Yet no one ever discredit the no. of penalty goals scored from these players, there's only praised for them this season. Should we start Pensford/Penmobile/Peno joke on them as well? To be fair?

In fact, Ronaldo is probably the only player ever who always get discredited for scoring penalties, despite scoring 734 career goals already, and on his way breaking all time record in football history too.

How weird.
The majority of people who discredit Ronaldo for scoring penalties also happen to be Messi worshipers. They can't just appreciate both players for how great they are, so look to put Ronaldo down for scoring penalties. Ronaldo has scored 12/13 penalties this year. Those are fantastic stats when you consider most keepers save about 1 in 3...

MrEleson

Messi, Sancho, Neymar, Mane, Mbappe, Lewandowski, de Bruyne, Werner
Sancho & Werner? :lol: I disagree with some of the others too. Mbappe hasn’t even played a full league season and his proportion of goals to his teams output isn’t as large as Ronaldo’s to Juve’s.Juve would be further down the table without Ronaldo’s goals.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is a little bit selective though - since I'm a Manchester United fan, the first things that come to my mind when Ronaldo and penalties are mentioned in the same sentence are the penalty shootout in Moscow and the semi-final the same year in the Camp Nou. He missed a penalty in both.
Fair enough but he was a “baby” still and still didn’t become what he eventually became.

Madrid vs Juve 0-3 penalty in the 92 minute and it didn’t get taken until 5 minutes after that and the balls of steel to put that away.

You just know Messi would fold in that type of situation.

SportingCP96

Supports
Ronaldo fans getting giddy after he scores a few penalties for the strongest team in a very weak league remind me of Trump fans cheering their man after he drank water without spilling.
“Very weak league”

Please just find a new sport to watch if your going to say nonsense.

No Messi fan should even speak on the simple fact that he has stayed in the Barca bubble his whole entire career.

Ronaldo not once not twice but 3x has switched leagues and dominated them all.

He is the greatest player in CL history pundits and fans alike agree on this and last I checked that is the greatest competition in World football.

Oh and he won the Euros with Portugal while also tying most goals all time in the euros.

Instead of saying a nonsensical comment just say

“I am a Ronaldo hater because I never ever ever want him to be better then Messi”

We will respect that comment a lot more.

SportingCP96

Supports
Sancho & Werner? :lol: I disagree with some of the others too. Mbappe hasn’t even played a full league season and his proportion of goals to his teams output isn’t as large as Ronaldo’s to Juve’s.Juve would be further down the table without Ronaldo’s goals.
Your speaking to the fan base who think that goals scored in official matches don’t count.

You can’t reason with that.

SportingCP96

Supports
No one says Ronaldo is clearly 2nd best and above Messi. I didn't say so at the very least. Only Lewandowsk has been "clearly" better though, you can include others where you think are "arguably" better, I am fine with that.

Also, your stats are just plain wrong, since when does Mbappe have 17 assists? He only has 9, so total goals+assists he only has 39, which is behind Ronaldo.

So Ronaldo has been the best 2 or 3 players, behind Lewandowski, is still correct.

If you ask me, if base on club stats alone, its Lewandowski>Messi>Ronaldo.

If base on all stats, it's Lewandowski>Ronaldo>Messi

(I personally rate goal higher than assists)

Beautifully said.

Ronaldo playoffs in the worst club out of those 3 and he’s still up there.

Those 3 have been and are the best players in the world this season.

el3mel

I never get using the pen stats to have digs at Ronaldo. He deserves credit for being that damn consistent in scoring them with no effort.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
:lol:

Talk about cherry-picking stats for an argument. Mbappe is a far better player than CR7 is now and has been since last season IMO. His season got cut short, but he's still got a better contribution with goals and assists since March than CR7 has right now and that's with CR7 taking penalties (which Mbappe doesn't) and playing in a team than can sleep-walk its way to the championship (which Mbappe is a part of as well).

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah
fastest player to reach 50 goals in Serie A
in line with
fastest player to reach 200 goals in Spanish league
fastest player to reach 300 goals in Spanish league
and
record holder for most goals (128) and assists (40) in the history of Champions League

All he is doing right now is just putting some ice cream on the Cherry (already) on top as the GOAT
Quite honestly the only way Messi catches him now is a major win for Argentina.

It’s insane to Think Ronaldo over took him after Messi looked like he would not be caught back in 2012.

Messi needs a trophy for Argentina to even attempt to surpass Ronaldo at this stage and IF somehow someway Ronaldo wins the CL with Juve meaning he had done it in 3 different leagues and teams the nail in the coffin of the Ronaldo vs Messi debate would be over.

That would be the knockout punch.

SportingCP96

Supports
:lol:

Talk about cherry-picking stats for an argument. Mbappe is a far better player than CR7 is now and has been since last season IMO. His season got cut short, but he's still got a better contribution with goals and assists since March than CR7 has right now and that's with CR7 taking penalties (which Mbappe doesn't) and playing in a team than can sleep-walk its way to the championship (which Mbappe is a part of as well).
Mbappe is playing 1 level above the Portuguese league. I’m sorry but unless he leaves that league and performs at the same or higher level he still has a lot of food to eat to even be in a sentence with Ronaldo who is a top 3 player in the world at 35.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
“Very weak league”

No Messi fan should even speak on the simple fact that he has stayed in the Barca bubble his whole entire career.

He is the greatest player in CL history pundits and fans alike agree on this and last I checked that is the greatest competition in World football.

Oh and he won the Euros with Portugal while also tying most goals all time in the euros.

“I am a Ronaldo hater because I never ever ever want him to be better then Messi”

Oh c'mon it's clear as day Serie A isn't what it used to be. It's not even a top 3 league anymore

VP

“Very weak league”

I'm a United fan, not a Messi fan. But I do respect players who stay at one club instead of jumping ships to stat-pad their careers. What next move to Celtic in Scotland to show that you can do it in the SPL?

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm a United fan, not a Messi fan. But I do respect players who stay at one club instead of jumping ships to stat-pad their careers. What next move to Celtic in Scotland to show that you can do it in the SPL?
It’s one thing if it was some bs league he went to three of the biggest leagues in the world and dominated All of them, I’ll even put a * by Juve cause he is not done yet.

I get the one club thing but when you spent a majority of your career in the prime of the greatest club team of all time with the spine of the greatest national team of all time it obviously begs questions.

Especially when you compare his Argentina career to that of his Barca (not saying he is bad in Argentina but saying he is clearly not the same player as in Barca).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You do realise that playing for United, Real Madrid and Juventus is hardly a 4th or 5th tier league like Scotland don't you?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Mbappe is playing 1 level above the Portuguese league. I’m sorry but unless he leaves that league and performs at the same or higher level he still has a lot of food to eat to even be in a sentence with Ronaldo who is a top 3 player in the world at 35.
You're free to believe that, but he's already passed him since last season, Serie A is not a big difference with Ligue 1 and Mbappe has done it at every level of club and international competition (he's had 3 goals in 4 world cup knock out games to CR7's big donut in his entire career for example). He'll do the same whenever he moves to the next league. That's not to say he will be better than CR7, but he is definitely better than CR7 at 35, without a doubt.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Did anyone really doubt that Ronaldo would win the Seria A with Juventus? He was mainly bought to boost their fanbase and win the CL. On that note I think he did the best, he could in last years CL, it wasn't his fault they were knocked out. Anyway he is still incredibly good.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is just amazing, 35 years old still scoring so many goals and looks so much fitter. Many thought he won't play for long as he relies on his physicality but how he has complete control of his body is brilliant.

Juventus is a wrong move for him IMO, they are such a boring team to watch.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ronaldo has been good but to say only Lewandowski has been better this season is rubbish.

Club stats.

Ronaldo: G 34 A 7 Total 41
Lewa: G 51 A 6 Total 57
Mbappe: G 30 A 17 Total 47
Messi: G 30 A 26 Total 56.

I couldn’t be bothered to find stats on more players but how is Lewa the only player been better than Ron this season? Mbappe and Messi are also ahead stats wise.

Ronaldo fan boys getting giddy over a good season, when others have produced way better. I would like to know your spin on the above stats to explain why he is doing better than all but Lewa.
Seriously, adding goals & assists? :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
If you still think it’s “stat padding” when he has proven he is the best player of his generation shows the salt levels in here are through the roof.

You just have to see the amount of Messi fans who live in this thread hoping for his downfall.

He is the best player of his generation for a reason.
Talking about stats padding, just want to point out a certain someone has 6 goals against the top 10 in La Liga and 19 against the bottom 10.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ronaldo missed a penalty in the 08 CL final shootout. There are also examples of Ronaldo ducking under pressure. Both have supplied stacks of key goals in key pressure moments.

Messi has 29 goals and 14 assists in 34 cup finals.

Ronaldo has 19 goals and 2 assists in 30 cup finals.

Messi total 44 goals/assists.
Ronaldo 21 goals/assists.

Messi goals/assists per game percentage = 126%

Ronaldo = 70%.

The above doesn’t look like Messi folds under pressure but Ronaldo doesn’t.
You're going to equate Copa del Rey final to CL final?

How about we look at the latter stages of the CL, think any reasonable person will agree a CL QF/SF is a bigger game than teh Copa del Rey final. :smirk:

fps

Another sensational Ronaldo season, now how about the CL?

fps

the disrespects this guy gets is pathetic . he has left his comfort zone many times to prove himself somewhere else each time he felt a bit comfort.
and we have people hating on him just because he doesn't stop scoring.
No, the people who disrespect him are pathetic.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I never get using the pen stats to have digs at Ronaldo. He deserves credit for being that damn consistent in scoring them with no effort.
The main problem with people discrediting his penalty goals is that he gets no credit for how many penalties he wins.
He's probably won more penalties than any other player and I'd bet noone is close either given how long he's been playing and how good he is at it.

Bole Top

yeah, Juventus is comfortably in better shape than Barca atm. only City at their best (which isn't that often these days) and Bayern look better than Juve but in general, all the teams are pretty much on the same level this year.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
May not be the same player but to do what he's doing at his age is incredible.

SportingCP96

Supports
No fecking way :lol: Having watched enough of them this season, there is no way Juventus isn't better
Mate. We must be watching football from two different world. Barca have a far and I mean FAR superior squad then this laughable Juve team. The midfield is non existent , the defense does not exist and the team does not know how to make any half decent chances.

Dybala and Ronaldo are the saving grace.

Status
Not open for further replies.