Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Again with the national team stats.
Dude nobody ever counted goals scored for their national team but here there has to be an exception for the Jordan of the Football world :lol: :lol: :lol:
Whats your problem?

This season he scored:
31 league goals in 33 series A games
37 goals in 46 club games
48 goals in 53 games in all competitions for club and country

Whats so funny about his stats? Other than Lewandowski, none of other players have better overall stats than him this season. And he is 35 already.

Are you laughing at the rest of football world too? Including Messi and all of the La Liga players, and also all of the Premier league players, and of course all of our own players and all of our transfer targets?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Whats your problem?

This season he scored:

Whats so funny about his stats? Other than Lewandowski, none of other players have better overall stats than him this season. And he is 35 already.

Are you laughing at the rest of football world too? Including Messi and all of the La Liga players, and also all of the Premier league players, and of course all of our own players and all of our transfer targets?
Absolutely nobody gives a shit about international stats.

MalcolmTucker

Whats your problem?

This season he scored:

People aren't laughing at Ronaldo's stats, they are laughing at you.

Nobody counted international goals as seasonal tallies, it's always been what you scored for your club.

Suddenly Ronaldo fans are counting them because he scored 7 goals against Lithuania and acting as if it's always been that way. Just amusing behaviour.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Nobody counted international goals as seasonal tallies, it's always been what you scored for your club.

Suddenly Ronaldo fans are counting them because he scored 7 goals against Lithuania and acting as if it's always been that way. Just amusing behaviour.
:lol: Do you realise this is actually a Ronaldo thread? And Its even not allowed to counted his international tally? Like, seriously?

Do you realise how ridiculous you are?

GifLord

You are insane :lol:
I'm insane? As long as i remember nobody ever used international team goals.
When RVN and Henry were scoring goals left and right 20 years ago nobody talked about international goals when they were talking about total goals scored - we only counted EPL,UCL,UefaCup, League Cup and Fa Cup goals.

cyberman

Yeah, they did on the continent. The same way they have always counted community shields as part of a end of season trophy haul.

MalcolmTucker

:lol: Do you realise this is actually a Ronaldo thread? And Its even not allowed to counted his international tally? Like, seriously?

Do you realise how ridiculous you are?
I know it's the Ronaldo thread, because that's the only thread where this phenomenon exists. Of course his international goals count and can be discussed, but for every other player in the world when people talk about their seasonal tallies they tend to not conflate international and club stats. Surely you're aware of that?

When people talk about needing a 25 goal a season striker for their team, they aren't hoping to sign someone who will score 18 goals for their club and another 7 when they are on international duty.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Talent aside, Ronaldo is a very lucky. Things will work out for him. Plus he is not a quitter so he will keep going. Take Real Madrid as example. He went to a team that had absolutely no chance of overcoming Barcelona. He did that. Then they kept getting knocked out of CL but he kept going and in the end leads Madrid to 3 in a row. Then he had fallen behind Messi in the WPOTY titles and caught up with that too.
The better I get, the luckier I become.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sad to see him fading into irrelevancy in the CL. Second early exit in a row. Wonder if he can fire himself up to try one more time, but he'll need serious back up.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
really? :eek:
We need a stat for goals without penalties. I know people will say a goal is a goal but we all know that this is misleading in evaluating the output of a striker.
If they’re that easy, why does Messi miss so many penalties?

Whats your problem?

This season he scored:

It’s very impressive. But when you compare players, international goals are irrelevant.

The best barometer are league goals. As an example when people talk about Lukaku’s first season, anyone who supports him will say he scored 27 goals, but that was in all comps. The most relevant stat is league goals, which for him was 16.

Ronaldo has scored 31 league goals this season, that’s phenomenal.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
He doesn't. In reality, CR7s conversion rate is just slightly better than Messi's.

CR7 this season has scored 14 pens. According to the maths Messi would probably have scored 13-14 if he had taken as many. Ronaldo's stats this season are heavily influenced by the crazy amount of penalties given in Serie A

Bole Top

I don't mind counting international goals, but in entirely different context. I still remember when he scored vs Lithuania who were between Chinese Taipei and Andorra on FIFA rankings (!), and his fanboys here used that as an argument that Juventus are wasting him as he wasn't scoring for them like he was for his NT :lol: surreal.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I know it's the Ronaldo thread, because that's the only thread where this phenomenon exists. Of course his international goals count and can be discussed, but for every other player in the world when people talk about their seasonal tallies they tend to not conflate international and club stats. Surely you're aware of that?

When people talk about needing a 25 goal a season striker for their team, they aren't hoping to sign someone who will score 18 goals for their club and another 7 when they are on international duty.
Sure, but I don't see anything wrong with anyone talking about Ronaldo goals tally particular in this thread here, including international ones.

Look, Ronaldo is going for the all time career goals record in football, so every goals count, including his international ones. Of course as Ronaldo fans, and as football fans, we would love to count all goals he scored this season, every goals he scored is one step closer to the all time record, its historical.

Its ridiculous to expect people not talk about his international goal tally here too. Its not a thread dedicate to talk about goals scored in the league, or for club football in season only. If anyone have issues or being too senstive with that, they can complain it outside, but definitely not here.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It’s very impressive. But when you compare players, international goals are irrelevant.

The best barometer are league goals. As an example when people talk about Lukaku’s first season, anyone who supports him will say he scored 27 goals, but that was in all comps. The most relevant stat is league goals, which for him was 16.

Ronaldo has scored 31 league goals this season, that’s phenomenal.
Well I am merely stating he did score 48 goals in 53 games this season in all competitions for clubs and countries, this is simply a fact, and that's impressive for a player who is already 35, and I am merely expressing my appreciation on that.

And of course, again, we are in Ronaldo thread, so this kind of stats will always appears here, people who doesn't like it, have to either deal with it, or just not keep coming back here.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'm insane? As long as i remember nobody ever used international team goals.
When RVN and Henry were scoring goals left and right 20 years ago nobody talked about international goals when they were talking about total goals scored - we only counted EPL,UCL,UefaCup, League Cup and Fa Cup goals.
Do you realise you are in Ronaldo thread? You really think nobody in this thread cares about the goals he scored for his country?

Besides, Ronaldo is going for all time career goals record, and this includes international goals too. So its actually very relevant to discuss about his international tally here. And I don't think RVN and Henry is at any point near to reaching this record, but of course I am sure its perfectly fine for people to talk about their international goals in their own threads too.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They only count if Messi scores in them.
Doesn't everyone go on about the 91 goal calendar year Messi scored? Im sure that must include international stats?

Anyway who cares, I think its weirder to go into the Ronaldo thread and call them a bunch of weirdos than having a thread to celebrate a player you like?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd have liked to see Zidane at Juventus. I reckon he could manage an ageing Ronaldo to get the Italian league CL he obviously craves.

KeanoMagicHat

International goals should be counted, but just when 10 of them were against Lithuania and Luxembourg alone then the context is important.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Again with the national team stats.
Dude nobody ever counted goals scored for their national team but here there has to be an exception for the Jordan of the Football world :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is false. NT goals have been emphasized since the Messi/Ronaldo goal scoring prowess came to be, and since at least the late 90s that I can recall. In fact, Messi added 12 NT goals in his record-breaking 91 goal season. Ronaldo has topped 10 NT goals in three separate calendar years.

Brazilian Ronado scored a whopping 15 in 1997 when he was TBPITW.

Well I am merely stating he did score 48 goals in 53 games this season in all competitions for clubs and countries, this is simply a fact, and that's impressive for a player who is already 35, and I am merely expressing my appreciation on that.

And of course, again, we are in Ronaldo thread, so this kind of stats will always appears here, people who doesn't like it, have to either deal with it, or just not keep coming here.
Ridiculous, passive aggressive post. Learn some manners.

I’ve not said his stats aren’t impressive, but international goals are not a barometer of performance.

KeanoMagicHat

I’ve not said his stats aren’t impressive, but international goals are not a barometer of performance.
They are with context, say if Ronaldo scored 5 goals in the knockout stages of the World Cup (hasn't scored any). But not when it's 5 against Lithuania when Portugal are already going to qualify.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Not as ridiculous as someone who expect people not to talk about his international goals/performance in Ronaldo thread though.

cyberman

No one has ever counted the community shield apart from Jose, and that was incredibly embarrassing.
They routinely do in Europe. Why are we judging players in different leagues by English standards?
Pep was always on about 5 titles in a season etc. Its why they value the world club cup and we write it off.
The big story in Spain was how the 2011 side were after 6 titles in one season.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
They routinely do in Europe. Why are we judging players in different leagues by English standards?
Pep was always on about 5 titles in a season etc. Its why they value the world club cup and we write it off.
Liverpool did that in 2001 as well, granted at least two of them were tinpots.

Judge each country by its own standards, and if there is prestige in winning that countries version of the community shield then of course fine.

But it’s laughable that anyone would think the community shield is anything but a pre season friendly in England. I went to the one where Moyes was manager, and honestly don’t remember a thing about it, aside from I think Zaha got a few minutes. I certainly didn’t stay to see anyone lift the trophy.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Absolutely nobody gives a shit about international stats.
YOU dont give a shit about it.

You seriously have a problem my guy. Why on earth would you NOT count a goal(s) scored in official matches? That makes ZERO fecking sense.

Then you lot wonder why "fanboys" defend him. You lot say the absolute most non sensical stuff. "official goals dont count because I say so"

Like what?

Seriously some of the stuff I read here gives me cancer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The lengths you people go to try to devalue someones season.

People ACTUALLY trying to say that OFFICIAL goals do NOT count because THEY say so has got to be the most laughable thing I have ever seen.

You guys spend A LOT of time in a thread of a player you seem to hate so much.

It just shows how much he bothers people.

Being the GOAT of your generation when people wanted it so bad to be someone else really has a weird effect on people:lol:

See what I care about is facts so lets go over them

For JUVENTUS 19/20:
Ronaldo scored 37 goals this season.

All comps 19/20:
Ronaldo scored 48 goals.

At 35 btw;);)

GifLord

YOU dont give a shit about it.

You seriously have a problem my guy. Why on earth would you NOT count a goal(s) scored in official matches? That makes ZERO fecking sense.

Then you lot wonder why "fanboys" defend him. You lot say the absolute most non sensical stuff. "official goals dont count because I say so"

Like what?

Seriously some of the stuff I read here gives me cancer.
Because we're talking about CLUB level football here.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, if you consider Real Madrid an underdog to Barcelona for the whole 9 years he was there, he did win some of them at least. :)
Copa del Rey vs Barcelona 2011
Laliga away to Barcelona 2012(Barcelona were better for most of the 9 years)
Portugal vs Spain WC 2018 (didn't win but still)
Netherlands vs Portugal Euro 2012
Came back from 2-0 down twice in the UCL with hat-tricks.

This is off the top of my head I'm sure there are more.
Allright CdR 2011 i'll give you. The clasico in 2012, not really, we were better than them by that point. 2 clasicos from 12/13 and another from 15/16. Still, we're kinda splitting hairs here. Barcelona might have been better, but it was a close thing

Netherlands at euro 2012? Finished dead last in their group?

The comebacks were against worse sides

He's performed plenty of heroics, but beating better teams in high stakes games is something he's managed very rarely. Because guess what, team sport. Nobody can do it by himself, if you play against a better team you're likely to lose no matter how transcendent your best player.

unless you're Maradona at his best, then everything's possible i guess

trims

Supports
Arsenal
Because club level is all Messi has. At one club.
Best player World Cup 2014
Best player Copa America 2015

Ronaldo has never been recognized for his individual performance at a major international tournament.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Ronaldo has never been recognized for his individual performance at a major international tournament.
Recognized with a trophy for sure. Anyway I cba - same stuff just a different day.

There will always be men who decide who their long term wife is for them just by beauty and there will be men who decide their women by their beauty, mentality and their ability to be up to certain standards in different environments which may not always be at the level we always want it to be.

fck

Supports
Bayern
Look all I'm saying is that the amount of penalties should be taken into account when you analyse goal stats.
The reality is that scoring from the penalty spot is not that impressive for anybody who has a little bit of ability (the only exception is a high pressure penalty).
I mean if you give me the 15 Serie A penalties then I'm pretty confident at scoring at least 10 of them. I guess that makes me a good Serie A Striker.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord

Messi never was the Best Player at the 2014 world cup though.
It was more Adidas giving the award to one of their players.

At the time pretty much everyone agreed Robben, Neuer and Müller should have had it over Messi.

VP

Recognized with a trophy for sure. Anyway I cba - same stuff just a different day.

There will always be men who decide who their long term wife is for them just by beauty and there will be men who decide their women by their beauty, mentality and their ability to be up to certain standards in different environments which may not always be at the level we always want it to be.
:lol: are you implying that you'd prefer if your wife hooked up with different men to prove her worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.