Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmTucker

There will always be men who decide who their long term wife is for them just by beauty and there will be men who decide their women by their beauty, mentality and their ability to be up to certain standards in different environments which may not always be at the level we always want it to be.
I think this is an illuminating allegory for how the most frequent posters in this thread regard Ronaldo :lol:

MattofManchester

If he's wanting to settle, he should stay.

If he wants to win the CL one more time, then PSG is probably his best choice.

If, of course, they want him.

He's getting too old and Juve just seems like a far cry from winning the Champions League this season and next. He's 35, so time is not really on his side anymore, and his decline in the last year is becoming more rapid.

Questions though over whether he would be the main man at PSG, with Mbappe and Neymar though.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If he's wanting to settle, he should stay.

If he wants to win the CL one more time, then PSG is probably his best choice.

If, of course, they want him.

He's getting too old and Juve just seems like a far cry from winning the Champions League this season and next. He's 35, so time is not really on his side anymore, and his decline in the last year is becoming more rapid.

Questions though over whether he would be the main man at PSG, with Mbappe and Neymar though.
He wouldn't be the main man at PSG, and this is just a non-story since it's pretty much set that Neymar and Mbappe are staying another season and Icardi is up front. This is a contract renewal tactic like he always does.

Also, PSG is never the best choice if you want to win the CL, it might look like the best choice, but until they do it at least once it's definitely not what I would call the best choice.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do you realise you are in Ronaldo thread? You really think nobody in this thread cares about the goals he scored for his country?

Besides, Ronaldo is going for all time career goals record, and this includes international goals too. So its actually very relevant to discuss about his international tally here. And I don't think RVN and Henry is at any point near to reaching this record, but of course I am sure its perfectly fine for people to talk about their international goals in their own threads too.
Yeh. It's pretty silly to say that international goals is not relevant for a player's career. Maybe someone tell that to those all time great players, like Muller and Pele.

Last edited:

trims

Supports
Arsenal
Messi never was the Best Player at the 2014 world cup though.
It was more Adidas giving the award to one of their players.

At the time pretty much everyone agreed Robben, Neuer and Müller should have had it over Messi.
He won more MOTM awards than any other player in that tournament. That was sponsored by Budweiser

Genuinely curious why Robben deserves it over Messi. People say that Messi hasn't scored or assisted beyond the round of 16 yet, Robben hasn't done that or produced any MOTM performances beyond the group stages. Think that's just evidence of the ridiculous standards set for Messi compared to other players.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He won more MOTM awards than any other player in that tournament. That was sponsored by Budweiser

Genuinely curious why Robben deserves it over Messi. People say that Messi hasn't scored or assisted beyond the round of 16 yet, Robben hasn't done that or produced any MOTM performances beyond the group stages. Think that's just evidence of the ridiculous standards set for Messi compared to other players.
Rightfully so, in my eyes, Messi is an alien and you give us his kind of standard he's had since he's been a professional, you have to judge it on a different level than mere mortals, especially considering he has so much of the ball at his feet.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord

The Golden Ball, or also called the Adidas Golden Ball, obviously sponsored by Adidas, not Budweiser.

And I don't care how many MOTM performances he had. Remember those memes ridiculing him constantly getting those MOTM awards at that world cup? Everyone even thought that was hilarious.

Him being the best player of all time has nothing to do with 2014 Fifa world cup. Perhaps go dig into some old threads of that time, everyone was in disbelief for him receiving that award.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Because we're talking about CLUB level football here.
No WE are talking about the 19/20 season.

37 goals for Juve.

48 all comps.

That’s his stats. Point blank period with ZERO debate.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
No WE are talking about the 19/20 season.

37 goals for Juve.

48 all comps.

That’s his stats. Point blank period with ZERO debate.
WHY do you INSIST on randomly capitalising WORDS in your POSTS?

Also, nobody has mentioned that he's 35 yet on THIS page. Y'all BE slippin'.

MalcolmTucker

Yeh. It's pretty silly to say that international goals is not relevant for a player's career. Maybe someone tell that to those all time great players, like Muller and Pele.
You're completely missing the point. Of course international goals are relevant for a player's career, just it's amusing that the Ronaldo fans have suddenly started saying that Ronaldo is on 48 goals this season and are including his international goals. It's especially amusing that 10 of them were against Lithuania and Luxemboug.

There's a reason if you look up Ronaldo's stats this season on Transfer Markt or WhoScored it only lists club goals. Pundits and fans have said Rashford had a good season by getting 22 goals, Sterling with 31 - no one is talking about or including their international goals.

The Golden Ball, or also called the Adidas Golden Ball, obviously sponsored by Adidas, not Budweiser.

And I don't care how many MOTM performances he had. Remember those memes ridiculing him constantly getting those MOTM awards at that world cup? Everyone even thought that was hilarious.

Him being the best player of all time has nothing to do with 2014 Fifa world cup. Perhaps go dig into some old threads of that time, everyone was in disbelief for him receiving that award.
Think you're overstating it a bit here. Only Robben and James arguably performed better than him and he certainly played better that tournament than Ronaldo ever has at a world cup.

trims

Supports
Arsenal

Yes, the golden ball is sponsored by Adidas but the MOTM awards were sponsored by Budweiser.

The games where he got MOTM, he assisted and scored against Boznia, Scored a last minute winning goal against Iran, Scored brace to win the group for Argentina, and against Switzerland he broke records for most chances created and then went on a solo run to set up the winner. If there were memes being created when he was picking up MOTM awards it was probably by Ronaldo's fans to undermine him.

I do remember that there was some surprise when he won the golden ball. He didn't contribute in terms of goals or assists beyond the R16 and that was mainly driving the discussion. Although I never understood that with Robben being put forward as an alternative by some people since he hasn't contributed much past the group stages aside from diving against Mexico to win a penalty.

I do agree that it shouldn't have anything to do with him being the best of all time.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You're completely missing the point. Of course international goals are relevant for a player's career, just it's amusing that the Ronaldo fans have suddenly started saying that Ronaldo is on 48 goals this season and are including his international goals. It's especially amusing that 10 of them were against Lithuania and Luxemboug.

There's a reason if you look up Ronaldo's stats this season on Transfer Markt or WhoScored it only lists club goals. Pundits and fans have said Rashford had a good season by getting 22 goals, Sterling with 31 - no one is talking about or including their international goals.
But he did score those goals. It's pretty common to have International goals over the season. Transfermarkt also has International Goals for a player. So does every damn worthy football databases. I don't know why you say otherwise.

If a player has scored 1 goal for his club, and 50 goals for his country, how many goals has he scored that season?

Last edited:

fps

I will never understand fanboys. Sure under 18 is fine but when you’re in your 20s and up? I don’t get it.
I find some of the comments and mindsets in these threads, especially the Ronaldo one, bizarre. I think some people don’t have much going on in their own lives.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
anyway. Did Ronaldo just score the best goal in CL this season so far? Made a good cross to that fat Higuain also.

This guy is just incredible.

wr8_utd

:'(
He doesn't. In reality, CR7s conversion rate is just slightly better than Messi's.

CR7 this season has scored 14 pens. According to the maths Messi would probably have scored 13-14 if he had taken as many. Ronaldo's stats this season are heavily influenced by the crazy amount of penalties given in Serie A
To be fair, it's not just him. Immobile who eventually comfortably outscored Ronaldo, also has a crazy 13-14 penalties for the season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
To be fair, it's not just him. Immobile who eventually comfortably outscored Ronaldo, also has a crazy 13-14 penalties for the season.
Yes, Ronaldo is at 12, Immobile at 14, Mancosu at 9, Belozti at 7. The highest penalty record this season in La Liga, EPL, Ligue 1 and Bundesliga combined is 7, if I'm not mistaken. Cearly that's a factor when you compare the goal records of Serie A players with players of the remaining top leagues.

Thing is such details are happily overlooked in this thread because they don't fit the favoured narrative. After all, Cristiano isn't compared to Immobile - the only other top striker facing similar conditions - , is he?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
International goals should be counted, but just when 10 of them were against Lithuania and Luxembourg alone then the context is important.
Actually 9 of them are. But he did scored against every opponents he faced in the Euro qualifiers though, including Serbia and Ukraine. But goals are still goals, we don't usually hashtag how many goals are scored against country outside top 50 (Luxembourg) or 100 (Lithuania) ranking. We don't do that with other players anyway, why do it only on Ronaldo?

Henandez14

Supports
World peace
anyway. Did Ronaldo just score the best goal in CL this season so far? Made a good cross to that fat Higuain also.

This guy is just incredible.
Ziyech and Dybala both scored incredible byline goals this season, off the top of my head. It’s getting ridiculous now, even by fanboy standards. Statements like these would actually do more harm to his legacy than good .

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Ziyech and Dybala both scored incredible byline goals this season, off the top of my head. It’s getting ridiculous now, even by fanboy standards. Statements like these would actually do more harm to his legacy than good .
:lol: sure.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Watch his highlights, then watch Robben's, and tell me again that Robben was clearly better. Another player isn't even in the debate. He had incredible games and also a very good final. He was only underwhelming by his standards but excellent by everyone else's.

Both choices would've been good in my opinion, I alsonreally enjoyed Robben's tournament. But if you just look at the plays they made and not the face of the player, there's not much between them if it is at all. Also speaks volumes that Robben is lauded for his performance while Messi is ridiculed for it. Tells you something about expectations.

Correct but people in here don't compare. Him to Immobile ;) Immobile is at 14 penalties, Cristiano at 12, Mancosu at 9. The highest penalty record in La Liga, Bundesliga, EPL and Ligue 1 combined this season is 7 if I'm not mistaken. When you're comparing goal records across leagues this season, you simply have to mention that Italy got the VAR and penalties wrong this year.
And this also puts all the records he broke for Juve in perspective because his predecessors probably didn't have the luxury of getting 12 penalties in the league. Same. Goes for Immobile.

Add to that the fact people in here like including international goals because he scored 9 (?) goals against two teams that maybe have fourth division quality and it just gets stupid. From the 48 goals quoted in here so often you'd have to discount 15 to make it comparable to other players - especially those who don't get to play cannon fodder in the EC qualification.

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Watch his highlights, then watch Robben's, and tell me again that Robben was clearly better. Another player isn't even in the debate. He had incredible games and also a very good final. He was only underwhelming by his standards but excellent by everyone else's.

Both choices would've been good in my opinion, I alsonreally enjoyed Robben's tournament. But if you just look at the plays they made and not the face of the player, there's not much between them if it is at all. Also speaks volumes that Robben is lauded for his performance while Messi is ridiculed for it. Tells you something about expectations.

Correct but people in here don't compare. Him to Immobile ;) Immobile is at 14 penalties, Cristiano at 12, Mancosu at 9. The highest penalty record in La Liga, Bundesliga, EPL and Ligue 1 combined this season is 7 if I'm not mistaken. When you're comparing goal records across leagues this season, you simply have to mention that Italy got the VAR and penalties wrong this year.
And this also puts all the records he broke for Juve in perspective because his predecessors probably didn't have the luxury of getting 12 penalties in the league. Same. Goes for Immobile.

Add to that the fact people in here like including international goals because he scored 9 (?) goals against two teams that maybe have fourth division quality and it just gets stupid. From the 48 goals quoted in here so often you'd have to discount 15 to make it comparable to other players - especially those who don't get to play cannon fodder in the EC qualification.
So this is how history is rewritten. Give someone an individual prize and suddenly several years later people will remember your tournament as being excellent, when it was not.

The committee at the time even had to come up with a (bs) explanation due to the many complaints and protests. They said Robben couldn't get the award because the winner had to play in the final. Unfortunately Forlan who hadn't played in the final in 2010 won it, so their argument was pretty much thrown out right away.

Not disputing Messi is the best player of all time, at least since I watch football, but his world cup was not excellent. There were several players better than him. Robben foremost. This was pretty much general knowledge 6 years.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So this is how history is rewritten. Give someone an individual prize and suddenly several years later people will remember your tournament as being excellent, when it was not.

The committee at the time even had to come up with a (bs) explanation due to the many complaints and protests. They said Robben couldn't get the award because the winner had to play in the final. Unfortunately Forlan who hadn't played in the final in 2010 won it, so their argument was pretty much thrown out right away.

Not disputing Messi is the best player of all time, at least since I watch football, but his world cup was not excellent. There were several players better than him. Robben foremost. This was pretty much general knowledge 6 years.
That is how history is written? I told you to watch the highlights of the players in question. That's not something I made up, that's footage of what actually happened.

trims

Supports
Arsenal

I appreciate that you are just giving your view on what happened. However, to say that he didn’t have an excellent tournament while arguing that Robben did doesn’t make sense.

You’re right that there were people complaining at the time that he shouldn’t have received the award and putting up conspiracy theories that he got it because he was sponsored by Adidas. So back to the fact I gave you that he won most MOTMs which weren’t sponsored by Adidas. To say that he didn’t deserve those MOTMs is insane.

Although I think there was alot of talk undermining his performance by Ronaldos fanbase. Some normal people found his performances underwhelming but thats simply due to the insane standards he set. Remember this was in 2014 where 2 years earlier he scored 93 goals in a calendar year.

Up to the Semi finals, of Argentina’s 9 goals, Messi scored 5 and assisted 2. He also pre-assisted higuains goal in the QF. That output for anyone else like Robben or James is considered amazing. At that time if Messi didn’t score a hatrick, have 2 assists and make 10 runs taking on the entire team it would’ve been considered a bad game.

Watch highlights of his game against germhat was the most one man performance I’ve seen. Unfortunately Di Maria got injured in the semis and all Germany had to do was limit Messi to nullify Argentina’s attack. Still amount of times he left schweni or hummels in the dust of on their bum...

fps

:lol: Do you realise this is actually a Ronaldo thread? And Its even not allowed to counted his international tally? Like, seriously?

Do you realise how ridiculous you are?
No one cares about his international goals, you’re not using stats in their generally accepted way.

jdotman

I appreciate that you are just giving your view on what happened. However, to say that he didn’t have an excellent tournament while arguing that Robben did doesn’t make sense.

You’re right that there were people complaining at the time that he shouldn’t have received the award and putting up conspiracy theories that he got it because he was sponsored by Adidas. So back to the fact I gave you that he won most MOTMs which weren’t sponsored by Adidas. To say that he didn’t deserve those MOTMs is insane.

Although I think there was alot of talk undermining his performance by Ronaldos fanbase. Some normal people found his performances underwhelming but thats simply due to the insane standards he set. Remember this was in 2014 where 2 years earlier he scored 93 goals in a calendar year.

Up to the Semi finals, of Argentina’s 9 goals, Messi scored 5 and assisted 2. He also pre-assisted higuains goal in the QF. That output for anyone else like Robben or James is considered amazing. At that time if Messi didn’t score a hatrick, have 2 assists and make 10 runs taking on the entire team it would’ve been considered a bad game.

Watch highlights of his game against germhat was the most one man performance I’ve seen. Unfortunately Di Maria got injured in the semis and all Germany had to do was limit Messi to nullify Argentina’s attack. Still amount of times he left schweni or hummels in the dust of on their bum...
:lol: Just watched his highlights in the finals and im starting to think you're the fanboy

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No one cares about his international goals, you’re not using stats in their generally accepted way.
:lol: This is actually Ronaldo thread, and there's some random hater here who genuinely thinks no one cares his international goals here in this thread? Perhaps either in denial? or simply just clueless and lack of common sense of any kinds? :wenger:

Last edited:

SportingCP96

Supports
The stats are written down and recorded. Hence they are accepted.

Some of you just lost the plot I think.

SportingCP96

Supports
100 goals for Portugal. Absolutely unreal for the man. Starts the new season off the best way possible, with a goal of course.

His record for Portugal will never ever be touched, simply unreal record and he will still add a hell of a lot more too it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.