Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I never claimed he did. We didn't attempt to sign the best striker in the world when he became available. Would we have got him? Unlikely but im still shocked we didnt at least make an attempt
You don't know if we try or didn't try, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't come.

arnie_ni

You don't know if we try or didn't try, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't come.
Hence the "by all accounts". I think if fergie was still here he probably would if we approached him but i agree not now for what its worth

RoyH1

LOL, didn’t show up because he knew he wouldn’t win player of the year. And then gets his agent to diss Modric winning it after all those passes he got from the little Croatian over the years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I never claimed he did. We didn't attempt to sign the best striker in the world when he became available.
He wasn't available for you. Only Juventus and Bayern could realistically sign him

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's a no lose against Ronnie.

If we win, well, we win.
If they win, well it's Ronaldo

am I doing this right?
Very strange way to look at it.

Edit: got me with the white text :lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If he doesn’t celebrate he’s an attention-seeking asshole, if he celebrates he’s an ungrateful asshole.

He might aswell go all out and celebrate by taking a shit in the middle of the pitch while flipping off the crowd.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'd rather he celebrate. After ditching us in his and our prime, and saying he was being treated like a slave here, just go for it. At that point, the fans who still love him will continue to do so regardless.
He never said that, Blatter did. This is one of those lies that gets repeated so often that it becomes the accepted truth.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They are not always attention seeking.

See Dennis Law's non celebration against us or Ronaldo's non celebration against Sporting.

I think that criticism is unfair.
Batistuta scoring against Fiorentina was the one that stuck in my mind the most. Most players do it nowadays (even if they spent like a year or two in a previous club), but doesn't mean as you say it's attention seeking all the time.

Cristiano's agent, Mendes, has told the Portuguese paper Record that its ridiculous that his boy didn't win the award.
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/ne...-uefa-after-awarding-modric-player-of-t-44592
Can't believe he didn't attend it for those reasons. Really shameful if that's the case, hope the journalist invented that part.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
They are not always attention seeking.

See Dennis Law's non celebration against us or Ronaldo's non celebration against Sporting.

I think that criticism is unfair.
Dennis Law not seeking attention I can believe. Cristiano Ronaldo not seeking the spotlight, every opportunity he gets? Pffft... Pull the other one.

Anyway. Dennis Law didn’t celebrate in the way you’d expect someone to not celebrate a goal that causes mixed emotions. He jogged back to the centre circle. No drama. No throwing shapes. No standing still and luxuriating in the glare of the cameras, milking the moment so everyone can swoon over his tortured soul :rolleyes:

It’s tiresome bollox and I despise it whenever any footballer tries it on. Welbeck’s obvious enjoyment of getting on the scoresheet whenever he scores against United is far less offensive to me.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If he doesn’t celebrate he’s an attention-seeking asshole, if he celebrates he’s an ungrateful asshole.

He might aswell go all out and celebrate by taking a shit in the middle of the pitch while flipping off the crowd.
Only in the eyes of complete morons. He’s playing for a different team now. Why shouldn’t he be pleased when he scores?

Karappa

Ronaldo not attending the UEFA gala because he didn't win the player of the year award (and despite winning striker and goal of the year) pretty much confirms he won't win the Balon d'Or as journalists who vote on that award will take it into consideration. Another confirmation that his inflated ego is simply out of control and I'm really happy we got rid of him - but maybe he was just unhappy that they didn't rename the competition after him :lol:

And the comments by Mendes and Marotta are just a huge sign of disrespect to a top player like Modric and to Real Madrid as a club.

el3mel

He'll score several goals against us and will celebrate. No reason to not do so now. We'll lose both matches anyway.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

And you'd find some way to say that's a magnificent celebration :p.

But seriously, I don't get why he wasn't there, beyond the "I didn't win so I don't really care" thing.

DizeeGorilla20

Feck, didn't want Juve. The salivating over Ronaldo is nauseating and we'll have to go through it at least twice this season.
Totally agree, I was downright disgusted at the overly cuddly reception he got when he arrived with Real Madrid in a Champions League knock-out game.

Lol @ when he scores at Old Trafford after being welcomed with hugs and kisses and Pogba drops a 2/10 in the return game after being booed to oblivion by the Juve fans.

Also, lol at him coming "home" despite having given Real Madrid his best years and having played there longer than he did at United.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
And you'd find some way to say that's a magnificent celebration :p.
I’d just laugh at it knowing the reaction of the people who’ve been hurt by his success enough to the point of pretending to care about things no one actually cares about - like this award ceremony thing or the constant jabs at how biased I am made by even more biased people :D

Ronaldo’s almost 34 now, I just hope this can keep happening for a couple more years at least.

It will be good to see him at Old Trafford one last time even if with Mou and Allegri on the sidelines it will probably end up being a disappointment

el3mel

Totally agree, I was downright disgusted at the overly cuddly reception he got when he arrived with Real Madrid in a Champions League knock-out game.

Lol @ when he scores at Old Trafford after being welcomed with hugs and kisses and Pogba drops a 2/10 in the return game after being booed to oblivion by the Juve fans.

Also, lol at him coming "home" despite having given Real Madrid his best years and having played there longer than he did at United.
Why will Pogba get booed by Juve fans ?

Last edited:

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Strange that Ronaldo is still immature at his age, not showing up and congratulating his teammate.

Mountains of trophies and accolades, yet his ego is as fragile as a newborn :confused:

In Rainbows

He really shouldn't be bothered by the latter. He's at a different club and he should celebrate with his club. Whoever takes offense is rather strange.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Strange that Ronaldo is still immature at his age, not showing up and congratulating his teammate.

Mountains of trophies and accolades, yet his ego is as fragile as a newborn :confused:
It’s the least surprising thing he’s ever done :lol:

xoxox

Supports
Juve
It was an acrimonious departure.
It was really only acrimonious on Juventuz though :)

As much as I like Pogba, for that amount of money selling him was the right thing to do. He was important but not irreplaceable.

RoyH1

Baffling. He's won everything there is to win sans a World Cup, will go down as one of the absolute greatest players in history and yet he let's his entourage (his sister is on it too now) bash the UEFA decision.
It makes him look bad because it's a player that only a month and a half ago was his teammate. A player that by all accounts is a good teammate and had a good relationship with. Moreover it's a player that has never himself won the trophy, so he looks rather mean by this. Mendes really should know better and manage his clients image better. What difference does another UEFA player of the year tropy make to Cristiano.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Baffling. He's won everything there is to win sans a World Cup, will go down as one of the absolute greatest players in history and yet he let's his entourage (his sister is on it too now) bash the UEFA decision.
It makes him look bad because it's a player that only a month and a half ago was his teammate. A player that by all accounts is a good teammate and had a good relationship with. Moreover it's a player that has never himself won the trophy, so he looks rather mean by this. Mendes really should know better and manage his clients image better. What difference does another UEFA player of the year tropy make to Cristiano.
Ronaldo's unbelievably petty, I don't understand why people even get surprised at his antics. In his head he was head and shoulders above everyone else in that Real side so he's behaving like a child when he didn't get the prize for best player in Europe. It's got nothing to do with how many he's won before.

He's going to go into full blown meltdown if Modric were to scoop next Ballon d'Or and I reckon there's an excellent chance. He won the CL like Ronaldo, was best player at the WC and has now picked up European POTY. Journalist votes are going to sway in his favor imo.

Before anyone starts about how many Ballon d'Ors Messi won when Xavi/Iniesta deserved it more, well back then it was voted by coaches and players.

I have a strong feeling they're both going to be tied at 5-5 for a while.

Ban

Let the thorough analysis will be celebrate or not commence. Personally couldn't care less.

Blackice64

He SHOULD celebrate if he scores against United, but he won't.. too PR controlled these days and knows United fans adore him/buy his merch so wouldn't risk alienating the cash cow.. and he can always use us say in January if he is unhappy in Juventus, to get a move elsewhere.

It's going to be nauseating the build up dominated by that TWA.. we've been there done that.

Our fans need to put the team first.. I mean bloody hell the Stretford End even booed David Beckham (one of our own youth products no less!) when he returned with AC Milan !!!

Let's get stuck into C.Ronaldo this time.. the fans, the players etc.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What a guy, his sister and manager are downplaying Modric's achievements on social media and saying how he deserved it more. Is he really that obsessed, he can't have his friend and teammate who was big part and big reason of his success once get it?

izec

What a guy, his sister and manager are downplaying Modric's achievements on social media and saying how he deserved it more. Is he really that obsessed, he can't have his friend and teammate who was big part and big reason of his success once get it?
He fears for the Ballon d'Or. Modric could snatch that up too, thats why

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ronaldo is a bad loser, that's part of why he's so fecking good.

Would be funny if he won the Ballon d'or and no one shows up to congratulate him.

Nero

He SHOULD celebrate if he scores against United, but he won't.. too PR controlled these days and knows United fans adore him/buy his merch so wouldn't risk alienating the cash cow.. and he can always use us say in January if he is unhappy in Juventus, to get a move elsewhere.

It's going to be nauseating the build up dominated by that TWA.. we've been there done that.

Our fans need to put the team first.. I mean bloody hell the Stretford End even booed David Beckham (one of our own youth products no less!) when he returned with AC Milan !!!

Let's get stuck into C.Ronaldo this time.. the fans, the players etc.
The Beckham booing was fans just playing. It wasn't serious. He got a hero reception.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is prick. And i still I can't believe that old trafford gave him standing ovations when he came here with real. And will give him again this year. " Modern slave" he said. I want to leave he said. We boo tevez who wanted to stay and was forced to go ( ok, he chose city but still we did part in that decision) and at the same time we sing songs to ronaldo who did everything to leave from us. Yes, that is logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.