Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He SHOULD celebrate if he scores against United, but he won't.. too PR controlled these days and knows United fans adore him/buy his merch so wouldn't risk alienating the cash cow.. and he can always use us say in January if he is unhappy in Juventus, to get a move elsewhere.

It's going to be nauseating the build up dominated by that TWA.. we've been there done that.

Our fans need to put the team first.. I mean bloody hell the Stretford End even booed David Beckham (one of our own youth products no less!) when he returned with AC Milan !!!

Let's get stuck into C.Ronaldo this time.. the fans, the players etc.
TBH Ronaldo has rarely performed against us, as I do feel he has a soft spot for the club. Booing him and turning him against us will only make him more hungry, just like what happened after the infamous Rooney/Ronaldo Euros incident.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
TBH Ronaldo has rarely performed against us, as I do feel he has a soft spot for the club. Booing him and turning him against us will only make him more hungry, just like what happened after the infamous Rooney/Ronaldo Euros incident.
In two games against us he scored two goals from 3 that his team scored. He was the main reason why we lost against madrid. But as i said before, this time on top of cheering and singing our fans should send hugs and kisses and throw flowers on him. United legend my ass. fecking diving cheating backstabbing prima-donna. Rant over.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
And you'd find some way to say that's a magnificent celebration :p.

But seriously, I don't get why he wasn't there, beyond the "I didn't win so I don't really care" thing.
Even if the dump itself wasn't even that impressive, the movement he did before it was great. It may not've looked as fancy as Messi's shitting but in the end it is all about how you results on the big stage!

Sally Cinnamon

Let’s see if he can score against Parma tomorrow without the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year backing him up. Doubt it

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He still has many mouths to shut apparently. This thread has just turned sad now... Many years of pain will do that, as long as it continues it will only get exponentially worse but Jesus Christ some of you really go overboard.

Jealousy and obsessive hatred isn’t good for the soul.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It seems like Sir Alex is Ronaldo fanboy as well. His fawning over him is never wavering.

Water Melon

We need to tear Juve a new one, just to help Modric become the best player in the world officially.

Kearnkoff69

This is one of the only times in recent years (definitely since he really settled in at Madrid) that I've seen Ronnie look a little rattled. He just looks like he's trying way too hard right now - the first goal will be huge for him, as it currently looks like a huge weight hanging around his neck.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
This is one of the only times in recent years (definitely since he really settled in at Madrid) that I've seen Ronnie look a little rattled. He just looks like he's trying way too hard right now - the first goal will be huge for him, as it currently looks like a huge weight hanging around his neck.
He'll score then the floodgates will open

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Solid 3.5/10 from him tonight.

Ban

He still has many mouths to shut apparently. This thread has just turned sad now... Many years of pain will do that, as long as it continues it will only get exponentially worse but Jesus Christ some of you really go overboard.

Why jealousy, don't tell me people hate him cause he's rich and handsome and stuff.
I don't hate him, I acknowledge he's a beast of a player, one of the best ever, just don't like him much. :)

the_irish123

And this is a very mediocre Serie A.

That's why Cal is so wrong on Ronaldo Nazario. I would love to see Cristiano's numbers in man-marking, steroid 90s Serie A. Of couse he would score less than original Ronaldo.

La Liga statistics should NEVER be brought up when talking original Ronaldo. Please..

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Why jealousy, don't tell me people hate him cause he's rich and handsome and stuff.
I don't hate him, I acknowledge he's a beast of a player, one of the best ever, just don't like him much. :)
To be fair, I do wish I looked half as good as him in a suit. What a fecker.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona

It's not jealousy, it's reaping what's been sown.

I won't bash him for his start of the year, he might turn it around next week for all I know, but when one side of the argument attacked Leo, Salah or whoever it was in the same way people are doing now here, it had to be expected.

And let's not start talking about Real Madrid supporters, you've seen how fast they forget about their Bicho and turn to their new messiah in Modric and how he should totally have to win the Ballon d'Or.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
It's not jealousy, it's reaping what's been sown.

I won't bash him for his start of the year, he might turn it around next week for all I know, but when one side of the argument attacked Leo, Salah or whoever it was in the same way people are doing now here, it had to be expected.

And let's not start talking about Real Madrid supporters, you've seen how fast they forget about their Bicho and turn to their new messiah in Modric and how he should totally have to win the Ballon d'Or.
All true

Kearnkoff69

He'll score then the floodgates will open
That's my line of thinking as well. Just fascinating from a psychological perspective to see him really struggle with the pressure that he's put on himself, for the first time in a long while. I'm certain he'll do well over there, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes him to open those floodgates.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:) I don't know, he looks so artificial if that makes sense. Looks good in the suite yeah tbh.
I don't actually know anyone who finds him particularly attractive. Is it weird?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Are you saying Modric shouldn't win the balon d'or?!?! Dem fightan words :devil::devil::devil:

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
I've said this numerous times on another thread, but...Ronaldo is a great forward, this cannot be taken away from him. One of the best ever, undoubtedly. But he played for a very strong Real Madrid team, who absolutely played to his strengths at all times, and indulged him to a great extent. Most of the goals he scored over the last few years were close range efforts or tap-ins, while virtually all set-pieces were aimed at him, if he himself wasn't taking it in order to shoot at goal. And when he doesn't score, he does nothing.

That's why Real have been willing to take £90 million for him, which is a ridiculous fee at his age, regardless of the commercial implications of the deal. I actually predicted that Real Madrid would sell him before it happened, because (a) they need to regenerate their team, (b) Ronaldo is more replaceable than many observers realise, and (c) once your head is bigger than the entrance to the Bernabeu then there is only ever going to be one winner. It was classless to say what he did shortly after winning the CL, and it was only ever going to result in him leaving.

How Real Madrid's season will go remains to be seen, but as of yet they haven't missed him in the slightest. Don't assume that it will be a picnic for him to score prolifically, because I can assure you of one thing. It is all downhill for him physically from hereon in.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Are you saying Modric shouldn't win the balon d'or?!?! Dem fightan words :devil::devil::devil:
I may be one of the biggest fanboys of Modric in the caf, if it was on my hand this could be his 3rd or 4th Ballon d'Or and I'd probably wouldn't be mad at it.

I'm talking about how some sectors of people can defend to death one thing and the moment it doesn't interest them anymore, turn on that and find a new toy. And I'm well aware there's fans like those in my team, I'm just talking about the way Real Madrid can manufacture a lot of debates and create tends, you're the biggest team in the world after all, but for players it works both ways, it helps them when they play in white, and hurts them once they leave.

el3mel

Looks like he's saving his goals till he plays us. Expecting a hattrick against us now.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
He SHOULD celebrate if he scores against United, but he won't.. too PR controlled these days and knows United fans adore him/buy his merch so wouldn't risk alienating the cash cow.. and he can always use us say in January if he is unhappy in Juventus, to get a move elsewhere.

It's going to be nauseating the build up dominated by that TWA.. we've been there done that.

Our fans need to put the team first.. I mean bloody hell the Stretford End even booed David Beckham (one of our own youth products no less!) when he returned with AC Milan !!!

Let's get stuck into C.Ronaldo this time.. the fans, the players etc.
We booed as a joke... wasn't he crying at the end of the game with all the fans applauding him?!

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Hit more shots without scoring than any player in Europe’s top leagues.

Flop of the season?
Was that way past season until December, he'll eventually score those chances and have a great season. The day he stops getting 5 chances for game in a top club, that's the moment he'll get slaughter by his haters

el3mel

Didn't he ave a similar stats like that at the beginning of the season ?

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You just never know. New team mates. A new Environment. Heart set on OT Return ;) ...the fact he's hit the most shots is a good sign for Juventus. The fact he's not scored means very little. Unless he's been shooting from the half way line, it just goes to show the hunger and desire is still there. It's only a matter of time

James Peril

And this is a very mediocre Serie A.

That's why Cal is so wrong on Ronaldo Nazario. I would love to see Cristiano's numbers in man-marking, steroid 90s Serie A. Of couse he would score less than original Ronaldo.

La Liga statistics should NEVER be brought up when talking original Ronaldo. Please..
«Of course he would score less than original Ronaldo» - please.... four Ballon d’Or’s and counting, scored over 30 league goals one season in England, scored 45 one season in Spain, record scorer for Real Madrid, crushing every player in the Champions League.

Say what you want about him, but nobody beats him at scoring goals. You say «of course», I’d counter that by saying hell yeah he would score as many goals as R9 in Italy and then some. Cristiano is now 33 years old and has just moved to a new country, after winning yet another Champions League and playing in the World Cup - the guy’s full. What he does now is not very interesting to be honest, but I would be amazed if he ends up below 25 league goals. The funny thing about him when he opens with a few blanks is that he’ll suddenly be 1:1 in a matter of games.

JohnJohn

Supports
Real Madrid
So far at Juventus he shot 23 times in 3 games, 0 goals. Football is the only sport I know, where you can do something 23 times, fail all of them and say "well at least he had those chances".

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Another good performance, another 3 points. Just needs the first goal and the rest will follow.

No goals yet just means we’re going to get the circus of people pretending he’s playing poorly and then be surprised when he scores 20 goals in 10 games in the middle of the season while playing exactly the same way. Again.

He’s playing differently than what he did at Madrid and it’s interesting to see him change roles throughout the game. I believe this is a temporary version of what he’ll be in a Juve shirt rather than a permanent solution. Dybala has to play so I’m guessing that things will change throughout the season, wouldn’t be surprised if Allegri went back to playing 3 at the back too so he definitely has plenty to think about.

After a long stop, no signs of a physical decline is the most important thing at his age so hopefully he can keep it up, stay away from any injuries and get his first goal in the next game. Goalscoring aside it’s been a perfect start in a Juventus shirt which is encouraging since Ronaldo not scoring goals is the last thing anyone should worry about.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Think the style of play in Italy makes it garder to score as much. In Spain the lesser teams try to foolishly play football against the top teams and get slaughteres 7-1. That's not going to happen in Italy. He'l get plenty of goals Im sure, but not La Liga levels of goals.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Hope he gets his goal soon.
Does it make me a dick that i hope he does not score for ages?

Yeah, I guess it does. I don't even really dislike him but seeing a huge money signing flop is always amusing (unless it's a Chelsea player of course, there's nothing funny about that).

Status
Not open for further replies.