Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
That’s so true actually. People still have a rose tinted view of R9 for the reason he seemed to score tons at the world cups.

Watching his Seria A highlights last night I struggle to believe he did more than Ibra for instance. Certainly didn’t dominate games like Ibra did or collect as many player of the year awards on the league seasons.

Ronaldo and Messi isn’t even about football anymore it’s tribal. Just like Barcelona will never respect Madrid and vice versa. Many the fans don’t even watch the football they play. They check their social media accounts instead and just judge them based on that.

Why is it? He’s no longer the player he was. Apart from Athletico last season and the goals in the nations league what did he do to prove he’s the best in the world?

Messi was busy playing at god tier all season, Van Dyke, Sterling, Bernardo Silva etc where tearing it up game to game more than Ronaldo. Mbappe was pretty much on his level last year if you take away the Athletico game and he is nowhere near Messi as a footballer. No one is, or has ever been.

Ronaldo I’d argue is the best player off the ball there has ever been. Both off and on the pitch.
God tier?, you must be a wum alright, if the supposed GOAT played in god tier/mode last season, he'd have atleast won the Champions league, or the Copa America, but guess what, he only won La Liga, yes he had a better season than Ronaldo, but that's where the buck stops. As for Mbappe etc, you must be joking.

Son

God tier?, you must be a wum alright, if the supposed GOAT played in god tier/mode last season, he'd have atleast won the Champions league, or the Copa America, but guess what, he only won La Liga, yes he had a better season than Ronaldo, but that's where the buck stops. As for Mbappe etc, you must be joking.
Did you watch the first leg of Liverpool - Barcelona? He was kinda god tier in that match hahaha

I’m not even a fanboy I just use my eyes. It’s obvious you don’t enjoy football for the joy of it. Mbappe for incredible last season btw. The guy is ridiculous with his pace and scored over 40 goals, breaking records.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Did you watch the first leg of Liverpool - Barcelona? He was kinda god tier in that match hahaha

I’m not even a fanboy I just use my eyes. It’s obvious you don’t enjoy football for the joy of it. Mbappe for incredible last season btw. The guy is ridiculous with his pace and scored over 40 goals, breaking records.
I enjoy it pretty much thank you, Mbappe tearing it up in Ligue one means zero in the scheme of things, and saying Messi was god tier is just another hyperbole from you, I understand you love the guy, and you hate Ronaldo, just don't bring that hate to the Ronaldo thread, and yeah Messi is an amazing footballer, only a fool would dispute that.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
This is starting to look pathethic now, especially from Barcelona fans, Always bumping this thread with negative Ronaldo news. I don't know if the mods see this, and it's always the usual suspects.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This is starting to look pathethic now, especially from Barcelona fans, Always bumping this thread with negative Ronaldo news. I don't know if the mods see this, and it's always the usual suspects.
Inferiority complex.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
I'd say C. Ronaldo has become (a little) old(er). He has been always living from his power and dynamics but it seems like that first sign of his body not keeping up coming through.
He still has his incredible heading and winning-attitude but I think he will be playing 2 more years in Serie A at max on a good level and then going to go to the US.

Suedesi

That’s so true actually. People still have a rose tinted view of R9 for the reason he seemed to score tons at the world cups.

Watching his Seria A highlights last night I struggle to believe he did more than Ibra for instance. Certainly didn’t dominate games like Ibra did or collect as many player of the year awards on the league seasons.

Ronaldo and Messi isn’t even about football anymore it’s tribal. Just like Barcelona will never respect Madrid and vice versa. Many the fans don’t even watch the football they play. They check their social media accounts instead and just judge them based on that.

Why is it? He’s no longer the player he was. Apart from Athletico last season and the goals in the nations league what did he do to prove he’s the best in the world?

Messi was busy playing at god tier all season, Van Dyke, Sterling, Bernardo Silva etc where tearing it up game to game more than Ronaldo. Mbappe was pretty much on his level last year if you take away the Athletico game and he is nowhere near Messi as a footballer. No one is, or has ever been.

Ronaldo I’d argue is the best player off the ball there has ever been. Both off and on the pitch.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Suedesi

I'd say C. Ronaldo has become (a little) old(er). He has been always living from his power and dynamics but it seems like that first sign of his body not keeping up coming through.
He still has his incredible heading and winning-attitude but I think he will be playing 2 more years in Serie A at max on a good level and then going to go to the US.
This, and also he's playing in a league where the defensive aspect of the game is revered and not a joke like in La Liga. His output wouldn't have been the same instead of RM he chose Juvenuts in 2009 either.

Schneckerl

Serie A was way weaker during Zlatan's time than in the late 90s, should take that into account.

MalcolmTucker

This, and also he's playing in a league where the defensive aspect of the game is revered and not a joke like in La Liga. His output wouldn't have been the same instead of RM he chose Juvenuts in 2009 either.
There were more goals in the Serie A last season than in La Liga which doesn't sound great when the top scorers are the likes of Quagliarella, Piatek and Zapata rather than likes of Messi, Benzema and Suarez.

The reason Ronaldo didn't score as many goals is because he is more involved in the game and he is declining with age.

Suedesi

There were more goals in the Serie A last season than in La Liga which doesn't sound great when the top scorers are the likes of Quagliarella, Piatek and Zapata rather than likes of Messi, Benzema and Suarez.

The reason Ronaldo didn't score as many goals is because he is more involved in the game and he is declining with age.
They're about the same, we're talking 2.68 gpg vs 2.59 gpg last season not a huge difference. He's getting older, he's moved from a team that runs up the score (RM scores ~ 100+ goals a season) with one that scores definitively less (high 70's).

MalcolmTucker

They're about the same, we're talking 2.68 gpg vs 2.59 gpg last season not a huge difference. He's getting older, he's moved from a team that runs up the score (RM scores ~ 100+ goals a season) with one that scores definitively less (high 70's).
Yeah it's similar but it disproves your original outdated position that Serie A is some defensive benchmark and La Liga defences being 'a joke' when there is a huge gulf in quality especially regarding the attacking talent when comparing the two leagues.

wr8_utd

:'(
They were a team that scored 86 league goals before he came in and only 70 in the season he joined. They're definitely scorer lesser goals with Ronaldo in the team than before.

Son

I enjoy it pretty much thank you, Mbappe tearing it up in Ligue one means zero in the scheme of things, and saying Messi was god tier is just another hyperbole from you, I understand you love the guy, and you hate Ronaldo, just don't bring that hate to the Ronaldo thread, and yeah Messi is an amazing footballer, only a fool would dispute that.
I do agree I’m harsh on Ronaldo sometimes maybe. The best player I’ve ever seen at our club easily and if I’m honest my personal fav player our club ever has owned. Hence why I hate the direction of our club atm and this whole 99’ light movement of setting the clock back.

I don’t hate the guy. I’m still disappointed he left us for the right reasons I may add though.

Son

Serie A was way weaker during Zlatan's time than in the late 90s, should take that into account.
That’s actually a great point. Serie A was the best league in the world for like 20 years. Football in the mid to late 90’s was a bit more defensive too on the whole I found as a kid.

Maybe Zlatan would have struggled but at the same time he’s like a battering ram anyways for crosses. Lots of those in the 90’s.

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
I do agree I’m harsh on Ronaldo sometimes maybe. The best player I’ve ever seen at our club easily and if I’m honest my personal fav player our club ever has owned. Hence why I hate the direction of our club atm and this whole 99’ light movement of setting the clock back.

I don’t hate the guy. I’m still disappointed he left us for the right reasons I may add though.
I understand now, I also wish he broke all the records he broke whistl at Man Utd, I think he would be appreciated more now!, but looking at it, he went from the most hated team in England at the time, to the most hated in the world. And we all know he can be a prick at times, but Hell does he deliver.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Tostao_80

One of the best finishers in history from anywhere within a 35 yard radius of goal. Has scored a few of the most iconic free kicks in history. Yet he's genuinely below average in his free kick execution. It's baffling.
I was surprised at how many hed scored before 2014. He was on pace to be one of the most prolific free kick takers in history. Hes just fallen off a cliff since then. Maybe he should try the curler technique?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
One of the best finishers in history from anywhere within a 35 yard radius of goal. Has scored a few of the most iconic free kicks in history. Yet he's genuinely below average in his free kick execution. It's baffling.
FKs are so hard to score from already and he's often the most difficult striking tekkers out there from a deadball situation

Status
Not open for further replies.