Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Wow, still can't believe for one summer Ronaldo sticks with his words and leaves Madrid.

Great signing for Juve. Ronlado's target will be to help them win a CL in the upcoming 2 seasons at least.
Couldn't beat Madrid in CL multiple times? easy. Just buy their best player, and problem solved.

Banat

So happy with this transfer. Mostly because we won't be mentioned every transfer window and used as a bait and plus I think he started to decline, despite his goals.
His general play dropped massively and will be even worse. Luckily for him, Serie A is really poor and he will have his numbers there...

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Wow, still can't believe for one summer Ronaldo sticks with his words and leaves Madrid.
The one summer where we probably had him down for crying wolf too :lol:

Kag

You just start to assume it's another year of contract bollocks.

PSG, I would have understood. Genuinely shocked that Juventus are making a deal like this.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
By the time he retires he'd have probably played more games for Real and Juve than he did for us, crazy to think about really, hope he does well (but not against us).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Suspect he also wanted to leave Madrid to preserve his goals to appearances ratio there. Had he stayed another year, he may not have kept it one to one.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Anyone have a relatively legitimate source for the financials of this deal - specifically the transfer fee and how much Ronaldo is getting paid?

How are Juve affording his wages?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The last huge challenge of his career. Very happy he did this rather than be comfortable in Madrid without any pressure, it's going to be good for everyone. Madrid can start a new cycle, Juve get Cristiano Ronaldo, he gets a new challenge and football gets a big shake up.

Kapardin

Such a classy farewell statement from Ronaldo. Reads like he meant every word as opposed to being merely PR. Honestly wish he had spent those 9 years and won those trophies with us.

gorky_utd

Don't care if it is not utd. Does this mean juve needs to sell ? Would love to sign someone like douglas costa or alex Sandro.

el3mel

Couldn't beat Madrid in CL multiple times? easy. Just buy their best player, and problem solved.
It'll be a massive hit for Madrid for 1-2 seasons till they find a player to replace Ronaldo's crazy numbers but they'll be alright eventually. They were going to do this step sooner or later anyway.

If Ronaldo manages to win 2-3 leagues and 1 Cl with Juve, it'll just prove his legacy as one of the GOATS more and more and this is surely Ronaldo ambition of this.

But at the end I think from the whole Ronaldo career, Real will end up taking his best years anyway. He spent several seasons here developing and started hitting his prime 3 years before leaving, and Juve are getting him for 3-4 seasons at the end of his career. Real took his best ever years for them, buying him for 86 and selling for 100m. Can't say anything except they squeezed everything out of him performance, trophies, numbers and even money wise.

Romez

The entire GOoAT thing can feck off really. Pisses me off so much when Ronaldo and Messi are talked about as GOATs with zero WC
That's such a dumb metric for GOAT.

Is Ronaldo more GOAT-worthy than Messi as he has an international trophy?

Aki_United

Crazy amount of money for 33 years old. As another user said: "Real signed the best player in the world at 23, scored 450 goals and sells him at 33 for a profit."

I hate Madrid. But I am glad that we did not buy him. Wages and transfer fee are absurd.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Apparently they've already recovered the transfer fee and first year's wages through shirt sales.

El Zoido

Think Madrid’s confirmed it? :wenger: Unless I’ve missed the white text
I don’t know how to do white text. :(

But yeah, it’s confirmed. Just kinda making fun of the people that have been saying it’s about a new contract, when it’s been clear this was happening for a while now.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
438 games, 450 goals for Madrid.

Just astonishing.

Like we knew it was amazing when he was racking them up, much like Messi's record at Barça but feck me, taking a step back, to be better than a goal a game after over 400 games and 9 seasons is just otherworldly isn't it?

Part of me thinks he won't actually light up Serie A and he'll struggle but if Ciro Immobile can score 29 goals in a league season then Ronaldo can probably pull similar numbers in by far the best team. Di Natale went on forever still pulling great numbers as did Luca Toni as well and they're nowhere near Ronaldo.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I don’t know how to do white text. :(

But yeah, it’s confirmed. Just kinda making fun of the people that have been saying it’s about a new contract, when it’s been clear this was happening for a while now.
Aaargh thanks EZ
:lol: figured there was something a tad more sinister behind that statement hehehe

Chairman Woodie

A great signing for Juventus and a tidy profit for Real Madrid. But moving from La Liga to the Serie A is, in my opinion, a step down for a player Cristiano Ronaldo's calibre.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
The figures are officials now, from their site:

http://www.juventus.com/media/native/investor-relations-docs/english/price-sensitive-press-releases/2017-18/comunicato 10072018 ronaldo eng.pdf

Juventus Football Club S.p.A. announces that the agreement with Real Madrid Club De Fùtbol S.p.A. for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Dos Santos Aveiro Cristiano Ronaldo has been reached for a consideration of € 100 million payable in 2 financial years, in addition to the solidarity contribution provided by FIFA regulations and additional costs of € 12 million.

Juventus and the player have signed a 4-year contract of employment until 30 June 2022.

So it's € 100 mln + add-ons

izec

———————-Higuain——————
Ronaldo———-Dybala————Costa
————Pjanic——Can/Bentancur/Matuidi
Sandro——-Chiellini——Benatia—Cancelo
———————Perin/Sczesny————-

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What a massive signing for Juve and also the Serie A in a way. Big statemenr that they should still be considered alongside England and Spain as a top league in Europe, ahead of the BL and Ligue 1.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hindsight being 20/20, we were absolutely ROBBED back in 09. Especially when you consider we never even replaced him :(

Good move for all parties. Real have played a blinder here.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
I think his impact will be felt more off the pitch, yes he's an improvement on Higuain but he's not magically going to make us play better as all his impact is mostly restricted to the box

Status
Not open for further replies.