Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Oh I'd certainly love Ronaldo over players who are still developing, we have enough of those in:

-Rashford
-Martial
-Shaw
-Lindelof
-Pereira
-TFM
-Tuanzebe

We need people who can help those develop.
Bingo.

Eddy_JukeZ

Its not even about getting sucked in.

The transfer fee numbers being floated are fiscally irresponsible and it would be an act of utter stupidity for smart moneymen like Woodward or the Glazers to risk £150m+ on a 33 year old player.

I just don't think it's worth the risk or the short term gratification and woild rather we gave those funds to Spurs for Kane & Alli or tried for Neymar or Hazard. All of them would be available for the kind of money that is being mentioned.
You think? I don't think either of those players would be sold for 150m. Levy would demand a king's ransom from us. Chelsea would never sell their best player to us(Mata and Hazard aren't comparable at all either).

Don't think Barcelona wouldn't accept 150m for Neymar as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That Pogba transfer thread was insane.

Just think how insane this would be if it was happening.
I don't think so: Pogba was a perfect fit for our needs.
But many of us feel uncomfortable about a possible Ronaldo return; not because of his quality, but because the fee required and his age make it a non sensical business decision.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You think? I don't think either of those players would be sold for 150m. Levy would demand a king's ransom from us. Chelsea would never sell their best player to us(Mata and Hazard aren't comparable at all either).

Don't think Barcelona wouldn't accept 150m for Neymar as well.
Well then pay more than £150m! At least we get 8 years service or another chance to sell them on.

Anyways, Spurs would defo sell to us for that price.

Resigning Ronaldo is a short term sugar fix with no future benefit. Its an act of immature stupidity.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
But many of us feel uncomfortable about a possible Ronaldo return; not because of his quality, but because the fee required and his age make it a non sensical business decision.
Backwards thinking like this is why United have been mediocre these past number of years.

Smh can't believe people have "concerns" about bringing back Ronaldo lol. He's 32 and arguably the greatest athlete in the world. There are no signs at all pointing to him declining whatsoever. He's a generational talent and will be producing at the level he is for another 4 years easy, and then some.

...and fee doesn't mean feck all. His shirt sales will cover majority of the cost within the first year.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
We could probably sign him for £300m when he's 50-years old and there'd still be an eruption. I think people will be absolutely ecstatic if we do snag him, irregardless of the fee/context surrounding the transfer. And it's probably hard to blame them considering his quality, as well as his history here.

prtk0811

Well then pay more than £150m! At least we get 8 years service or another chance to sell them on.

Resigning Ronaldo is a short term sugar fix with no future benefit. Its an act of immature stupidity.
A future without ambition? A future without trophies?

acnumber9

Its not even about getting sucked in.

The transfer fee numbers being floated are fiscally irresponsible and it would be an act of utter stupidity for smart moneymen like Woodward or the Glazers to risk £150m+ on a 33 year old player.

I just don't think it's worth the risk or the short term gratification and woild rather we gave those funds to Spurs for Kane & Alli or tried for Neymar or Hazard. All of them would be available for the kind of money that is being mentioned.
When did he turn 33?

Sampy93

so what does everyone prefer? Morata + perisic for £130m or Ronaldo for £150m?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We could probably sign him for £300m when he's 50-years old and there'd still be an eruption. I think people will be absolutely ecstatic if we do snag him, irregardless of the fee/context surrounding the transfer. And it's probably hard to blame them considering his quality, as well as his history here.
So you think we should sign him at the numbers being quoted?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd also love it if we signed him as I'm a fan, not a director in change of the financial stability of the club!

ChaddyP

The one man.... the one cnut that I was waiting to get Me really sucked In...was slap head Duncan. I'm firmly planted in this. I would love to have him back. Call. It a pipe dream. We muppets were all laughed at when we thought pogba was coming home. Everyone just said the same thing over and over.. don't get sucked in, won't happen, he will go to Madrid. Maybe this transfer doesn't happen. But hey, maybe it does! I'm all in baby, win lose our draw, bring out #7 back home :drool:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
So you think we should sign him at the numbers being quoted?
I'm not necessarily saying we should/shouldn't - just that this place will erupt at his signature no matter how much we pay.

Hojoon

so what does everyone prefer? Morata + perisic for £130m or Ronaldo for £150m?
If we're comparing prices then we'd arguably need to take ages into account. Ronaldo will probably make twice as much as Morata and Perisic combined.

Edit: Wages, not ages.

ChaddyP

I camped out in that thread. Many said he wasn't what we needed. about 25 percent of the caf voted they didn't want him.

prtk0811

I'd also love it if we signed him as I'm a fan, not a director in change of the financial stability of the club!
Adidas and Chevrolet are paying the money to us , we are stable enough we just need to win.

Eddy_JukeZ

The benefit of winning trophies isn't a benefit?

The resale value people keep mentioning is silly imo.

If you buy Ronaldo, you buy him with the intention of winning trophies in mind. Not selling him on for profit.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
His shirt sales will cover majority of the cost within the first year.
Jesus, can we have some sort of sticky topic regarding this? Or add it to the "rules to remember"?

"No adult images or videos - and don't claim that feckin' shirt sales will finance a transfer because it doesn't feckin' work like that."

iamherenow

ibra came to the pl with one leg as he said and bagged 28 goals easily while still missing boatload of chances.he was playing with fecking fellaini and lingard for fecks sake,and pple think a younger Ronaldo with insane drive won't come hre and break the Pl goalscoring record in a season.A Ronaldo in this team would drive all our players into over drive to perform,martial ain't gonna be sitting on the bench while fecking lingard is in the starting 11 with Ronaldo.pogba would go into over drive creating chances for him knowing Ronaldo won't waste it...fecking Herrera would kill anyone that tries to touch Ronnie perfectly yelled hair.

if there is a chance to sign him,its a no brainer.marketing wise we would be in the news 24/7,the whole world will want to see hw we will perform.every dick and harry worth it's salt in the sporting world would want to be associated with us...imagine Ronaldo unveiling himself saying *am back* pogba style..

yea,hv been dreaming..

spwd

ibra came to the pl with one leg as he said and bagged 28 goals easily while still missing boatload of chances.he was playing with fecking fellaini and lingard for fecks sake,and pple think a younger Ronaldo with insane drive won't come hre and break the Pl goalscoring record in a season.A Ronaldo in this team would drive all our players into over drive to perform,martial ain't gonna be sitting on the bench while fecking lingard is in the starting 11 with Ronaldo.pogba would go into over drive creating chances for him knowing Ronaldo won't waste it...fecking Herrera would kill anyone that tries to touch Ronnie perfectly yelled hair.

if there is a chance to sign him,its a no brainer.marketing wise we would be in the news 24/7,the whole world will want to see hw we will perform.every dick and harry worth it's salt in the sporting world would want to be associated with us...imagine Ronaldo unveiling himself saying *am back* pogba style..

yea,hv been dreaming..
And drinking?

ChaddyP

I think Ronaldo is a perfect fit for our needs, but not at at £150m fee!

Honestly at this point , if woodward thinks it makes financial sense and he can levarage better sponsorship deals , then i say feck it do it. Its a perfect story. It would be a bigger story than Le bron going back to Cleveland. It would be a global story and everyone and their mother would be glued to Manchester United to see if the move failed. If madrid set a price that we see makes sense then i honestly say lets do it.

Oaencha

Jesus, can we have some sort of sticky topic regarding this? Or add it to the "rules to remember"?

"No adult images or videos - and don't claim that feckin' shirt sales will finance a transfer because it doesn't feckin' work like that."
It's the classic FIFA & FM 101 guide to running a football club. Frustrating but just ignore them.

Eddy_JukeZ

Honestly at this point , if woodward thinks it makes financial sense and he can levarage better sponsorship deals , then i say feck it do it. Its a perfect story. It would be a bigger story than Le bron going back to Cleveland. It would be a global story and everyone and their mother would be glued to Manchester United to see if the move failed. If madrid set a price that we see makes sense then i honestly say lets do it.
Yeah, Lebron to Cleveland would pale in comparison to this.

And that was a GREAT story as well.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
That's a very good point: we are lucky to have the very best financial and marketing brains in world football so such a deal would never go through if the business case did not make sense and had been subjected to due diligence.

Yeah : if it happens, we shouldn't worry about the finances because Woodward would already have that covered.

Last edited:

ChaddyP

That's a very good point: we are lucky to have the very best financial and marketing brains in world football so such a deal would never go through if it the business case did not make sense and had been subjected to due diligence.

Yeah : if it happens, we shouldn't worry about the finances because Woodward would already have that covered.
If its one thing i trust, its the board to know the limits of what the can spend and how it can help long term. If you think Pogba was good market value. Check Ronaldo and his 104 million instagram followers

ChaddyP

If every one of them buys a shirt...
i wish people would move past shirt sales. Its bigger than that. The deals Woodward would be able to spit out would make it so we could probably tell Chevy to feck off with the gold plus sign and pay us to do it. But as you mention shirts , I for one would buy one of every Colour :D

Status
Not open for further replies.