Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateik

Ronaldo could make us ~150m extra over what we would have without him over the next 3-4 years.
We get 75m a year for shirt sponsorship.. and it'll go up even more with the sleeve sponsorship coming up... Ronaldo's name could get us a few million more from that as well.. (unless it has been signed)

Raising ~30m/year using Ronaldos name and our fanbase is probably doable.

Financially, its not a problem.

Do we want him? Does he really want to leave? Will madrid let him go? There are other factors. Money is not going to be an issue unless Madrid ask for a lot more than what is being reported.

Giggs86

Reminds me of the Ramos to United mini-saga. As much as I want to, I just can't see that transfer happening.

When did we ever had a good transfer deal with Madrid? We sold them our best players in their prime while they sold us massive flops in return.

Dave46

This, absolutely.

There's no chance he's moving back here at 32 - too cold, league too physical and too competitive, no glamour (compared to Paris). Just no chance.

He'll stay at Madrid or go to PSG.
Do you think he is a soft player?

Gasolin

Reminds me of the Ramos to United mini-saga. As much as I want to, I just can't see that transfer happening.

When did we ever had a good transfer deal with Madrid? We sold them our best players in their prime while they sold us massive flops in return.
Maybe they consider Ronaldo a flop, and voila, we fit the pattern.
Ronaldo wouldn't be a flop though, even if it means it's 3 years of extraordinary performance.
He's a competitor, and he has the mental strength to lead a team. Babies like Rashford, Martial or Lingard will love it, others like Pogba or Herrera will enjoy working with such a guy.

Now if Morata could come... but we can't get both cause Ronaldo is a starter no matter what.

ChaddyP

Di maria deal went smooth. He was brilliant before he was Van galled

Giggs86

Maybe they consider Ronaldo a flop, and voila, we fit the pattern.
Ronaldo wouldn't be a flop though, even if it means it's 3 years of extraordinary performance.
He's a competitor, and he has the mental strength to lead a team. Babies like Rashford, Martial or Lingard will love it, others like Pogba or Herrera will enjoy working with such a guy.

Now if Morata could come... but we can't get both cause Ronaldo is a starter no matter what.
Of course Ronaldo wouldn't be a flop. He'd tear the PL apart like as if he never left.

Giggs86

Regardless he was a massive flop. Van gaal or not, he was mentally week and never wanted to be in United in the first place. Horrible transfer.

ChaddyP

Regardless he was a massive flop. Van gaal or not, he was mentally week and never wanted to be in United in the first place. Horrible transfer.
I guess i wouldnt say he was a flop because of Madrid. He was a flop because we chose to turn a tricky explosive winger that made risky passes and daring runs into a robot that had to adhere to some bullshit philosophy that just ruined the act of watching football. I would have bailed aswel, De Gea wanted to leave and he was only the Goal Keeper. So did he flop in the end, yeh i guess, but those first couple months he was amazing. Just wish LVG wasnt the manager then.

ReallyUSA

Yeah Angel even said, "Man Utd never went away." That should have been a red flag right there.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Do you think he is a soft player?
No, I just think he's very savvy, and will know that if he goes to PSG, he'll score bag-loads of goals, and it'll contribute to his legacy (which I think matters to him a lot).

Whereas here, it's more of a gamble, and it's almost certain that in this current Utd side, his stats would drop off - even if he was performing well. And I think this also would matter to him, quite a lot.

I think Ronaldo at 32 going to Paris just seems more likely than turning up for a proper scrap in the PL.

FujiVice

Tevez is back in a United shirt as well. The band is getting back together.

FujiVice

No he wasnt. He had a few good games (one of them against Leicester where we were utterly shown up) and then he went on holiday until the end of the season.

Dave46

No, I just think he's very savvy, and will know that if he goes to PSG, he'll score bag-loads of goals, and it'll contribute to his legacy (which I think matters to him a lot).

Whereas here, it's more of a gamble, and it's almost certain that in this current Utd side, his stats would drop off - even if he was performing well. And I think this also would matter to him, quite a lot.

I think Ronaldo at 32 going to Paris just seems more likely than turning up for a proper scrap in the PL.
I don't buy it. Ronaldo is a competitive guy, Ligue 1 would not satisfy his needs.

Giggs86

He's 32 years old. He has one great year left. Not worth the money.
Please.

This is Ronaldo we're talking about, not Wayne Rooney. The man is a top professional who keeps his body and mind in perfect condition year after year.

Zlatan was our best player at 35. Ronaldo, who is built like a machine and has his mind at the right place, can play at least 3 more years at the highest level, and I won't be surprised if he goes beyond that.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea

He's the best player in the world right now. I don't think he's worried about dropping off.

FujiVice

I don't buy it. Ronaldo is a competitive guy, Ligue 1 would not satisfy his needs.
Exactly. People talking like Ronaldo is in fear of his own ability. He's a born winner, who considers himself the best player in the world. There's no way in his mind there is anywhere on earth where he couldnt be the best player in that league; The idea of him going to a weak league to keep his stats up is laughable.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I think a big factor in Ronaldo deciding where he goes( if he even does go) is his son. Would he want him to grow up in Manchester? He'd be living in a cave like Nolito's daughter for starters. Ronaldo loves the good weather more than anyone.

MuFc_1992

Wasn't it Mourhino who turned Ronaldo from into the current flair less goal machine?

Orange Tree

If United is going to shell out 200 million for a player, please let it be for Neymar.

redNATION

I think a big factor in Ronaldo deciding where he goes( if he even does go) is his son. Would he want him to grow up in Manchester? He'd be living in a cave like Nolito's daughter for starters. Ronaldo loves the good weather more than anyone.
If he accepted that it would be a 3 year move, maybe his family can stay in Madrid, or even Lisbon, or maybe London, and go to some of the best private schools in the world.

FujiVice

His son would get a start at left wingback looking at those videos Ronaldo posts. The kid has skills.

Hojoon

Exactly. People talking like Ronaldo is in fear of his own ability. He's a born winner, who considers himself the best player in the world. There's no way in his mind there is anywhere on earth where he couldnt be the best player in that league; The idea of him going to a weak league to keep his stats up is laughable.
Yeah, even if we go with the stats argument, him ending up as the top scorer for both Real and United would be insanity.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
He is, but he's not got much left to prove any more - at his best for us he was motivated to get a move to Real, and once there he's been motivated by becoming the best player ever at the biggest club in the world (he's at the very least in that conversation). After leaving them I'm not sure where he finds the same motivation on a domestic level. He could still return here and become our highest ever goal-scorer (he has over 100 goals already), but would he care about that? He could be the one that restores Man Utd to the top table, but I doubt he cares that much about United to take-on such a mammoth challenge at the end of his career.

Making PSG into Champions League winners might be a more obtainable motivation at this stage of his career. He'd destroy the French league, win every domestic trophy there without trying and then save his best for the Champions League matches, all while being personally connected into the PSG sugar daddy's bank account and living in Paris. They would have so much going for them as an option for him.

But it's not relevant of course, we won't leave Real Madrid - obviously I can't say that for certain, but I'm still saying for certain he won't leave Real Madrid :D

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't buy the PSG angle. The French league just doesn't strike me as up to snuff for CR7. It would be a massive step down from La Liga or the Prem.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I can see him going to PSG, but only 2-4 years from now and only if they haven't won the CL.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I've been saying for years that Ronaldo might end up at PSG, amazing city, will smash it there even in his decline, just needs to do well in Europe.

Coming to the EPL will be so much tougher and is so much harder. Think if he leaves he is PSG bound.

spwd

I guess i wouldnt say he was a flop because of Madrid. He was a flop because we chose to turn a tricky explosive winger that made risky passes and daring runs into a robot that had to adhere to some bullshit philosophy that just ruined the act of watching football. I would have bailed aswel, De Gea wanted to leave and he was only the Goal Keeper. So did he flop in the end, yeh i guess, but those first couple months he was amazing. Just wish LVG wasnt the manager then.
Couldn't agree more, that arsehole turned everyone to shit, I'm 100% positive if Jose or another good manager was here instead of that cretin he would have succeeded.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Please.

This is Ronaldo we're talking about, not Wayne Rooney. The man is a top professional who keeps his body and mind in perfect condition year after year.

Zlatan was our best player at 35. Ronaldo, who is built like a machine and has his mind at the right place, can play at least 3 more years at the highest level, and I won't be surprised if he goes beyond that.
His single-minded focus on being the best athlete possible despite the sport not necessarily revolving around simple athleticism is one of the primary things that sets him apart. Great genetics helps too, of course.

Jaybomb

Am I the only one that genuinely believes this will happen? We'll buy him back for 130-150m and he'll be given the captains armband and lead the line for the next 3-5 years.

His comments about the Madrid fans prior to the Champions League final convinced me. Our fans treat him like a God.

spwd

Am I the only one that genuinely believes this will happen? We'll buy him back for 130-150m and he'll be given the captains armband and lead the line for the next 3-5 years.

His comments about the Madrid fans prior to the Champions League final convinced me. Our fans treat him like a God.
What did he say about those fickle w@nkers?

Jaybomb

What did he say about those fickle w@nkers?
How he doesn't like being whistled or booed and how it never happened when he was at United.

He's vulnerable and emotional right now and we need to take advantage :devil:

spwd

How he doesn't like being whistled or booed and how it never happened when he was at United.

He's vulnerable and emotional right now and we need to take advantage :devil:
Ah cheers, he'd never get the same adoration or respect he has from our fans no matter what he did or where he went, glad I was there at his debut, I was like, fecking hell:drool: and then he just got better and better.

Sterling Archer

I know a lot of people like comparing this to an ex girlfriend and I understand the comparison. But it's never been a truly apt one.

The history between Manchester United, our fans, Ronaldo and Sir Alex is almost perfection. From a buck-toothed 17 year old to best player in the world with us. Those were 5 crucial years for him as a player and set him up for the success at Real. Given his affection for the club, I would not put it past him to feel an urge to come back as a grown man, having accomplished everything (CL titles and Euro Cup in particular) and in a way, give back...cement his name further in our lore by leading us back to the promised land of elite status both in England and Europe.

Maybe it wasn't on the cards before but has become a possibility in light of non footballing events.

That said, PSG is such an awful choice in so many ways. I imagine he'd be better off going straight to the MLS

Status
Not open for further replies.