Cristiano Ronaldo | Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

soapythecat

No chance in hell he will leave RM. It will all be resolved and the tabloid machine will have driven CR and RM's profile even higher, generating even more money.
However, if he were available, then the money involved would be staggering. His transfer fee alone would smash the record. His wages would be around £500k a week I suspect and his signing on fee would be scary.
I loved CR when he were here but I think this transfer would be too much for United at this time. It would take every available £ and I think we need 4/5 very good players to get back up there, not just one world class player.

Needham

From the Telegraph:
PSG have previously pointed out to Ronaldo’s representatives that Paris has the largest Portuguese community outside of Portugal in Europe – there are 1.2million in the French capital – and he would be an instant hero at the club where the challenge would be to regain the French league and, more than that, win the Champions League for the first time in their history.

Wonder if that might play a part in Ronaldo's thinking.

itso 7

No chance in hell he will leave RM. It will all be resolved and the tabloid machine will have driven CR and RM's profile even higher, generating even more money.
However, if he were available, then the money involved would be staggering. His transfer fee alone would smash the record. His wages would be around £500k a week I suspect and his signing on fee would be scary.
I loved CR when he were here but I think this transfer would be too much for United at this time. It would take every available £ and I think we need 4/5 very good players to get back up there, not just one world class player.
His signing would make us winners because he has the goal scoring ability to take advantage of the latent creativity in our side. He is the perfect individual goal scorer that makes Mourinho's 'low block and play on the break' highly effective. Though we need several players one can also argue that we have several options that we can take a risk on, players like Tuanzebe, Blind and Herrera can play as holders; Perreira, Mkhi as creative options and then Shaw and Mitchel as LBs. With Cristiano guaranteeing the goals we can take risks on Martial/Rashford growing as number 9s. If it were at all possible I'd be all for it.

Sterling Archer

Not a slight on you but I will never understand the romance around him. To call his history with us perfection is absolutely mind blowing to me. He left us for Real at his peak, actually wanted to leave an year earlier and had to be convinced to give us another year. Even if you believe he genuinely was a move now, it's not his love for us that's making it a possibility, it's because he's having issues at Real, the club where he wanted to finish his career.
I know that the extent to which we all rate Ronaldo as a United fan varies from individual to individual. In my lifetime he is the greatest player to have worn the red shirt. For instance, Giggs is my favorite player and contributed more to the club than Cristiano, but never reached the level of the latter. So that really lends to romanticing or exaggerating the five years.

Football as a fan isn't about logic. It's more feeling and heart. We have (and still sing!) a song about a Uruguayan that really did nothing more than score a brace against Liverpool away. I don't think playing up Ronaldo's time here is any more 'mind blowing'

Varun

Staff
I know that the extent to which we all rate Ronaldo as a United fan varies from individual to individual. In my lifetime he is the greatest player to have worn the red shirt. For instance, Giggs is my favorite player and contributed more to the club than Cristiano, but never reached the level of the latter. So that really lends to romanticing or exaggerating the five years.

Football as a fan isn't about logic. It's more feeling and heart. We have (and still sing!) a song about a Uruguayan that really did nothing more than score a brace against Liverpool away. I don't think playing up Ronaldo's time here is any more 'mind blowing'
He's the best player I've seen play for us too, comfortably at that. I don't think there's an argument to be had about his quality. My post was simply about the perfect history he has with us bit. I just can't see how that's the case when he left us to give his best years at Real and even the current situation about a possible move is because of issues there rather than a desire to come back.

ROFLUTION

If Ronaldo truly is to leave, I can only see it being because:

a) He wants more money
b) He wants to move to a place where he can still win the Ballon D'or by scoring many goals
- Messi's 29
- Ronaldo's 32

His problem is that he will probably not win Ballon D'or at United. I doubt he will score 26+ goals, but its definitely not impossible. Messi will just score around 37 in La Liga, which would put Ronaldo in a bad light.

At PSG though: He would earn top money, he would go far in the Champions League, he would score shitloads of goals in the french league to make statistics close to Messi.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
From the Telegraph:
PSG have previously pointed out to Ronaldo’s representatives that Paris has the largest Portuguese community outside of Portugal in Europe – there are 1.2million in the French capital – and he would be an instant hero at the club where the challenge would be to regain the French league and, more than that, win the Champions League for the first time in their history.

Wonder if that might play a part in Ronaldo's thinking.
Do you think he will be mingling with the community after training?

I can't see how this would make an ounce of difference.

Sterling Archer

He's the best player I've seen play for us too, comfortably at that. I don't think there's an argument to be had about his quality. My post was simply about the perfect history he has with us bit. I just can't see how that's the case when he left us to give his best years at Real and even the current situation about a possible move is because of issues there rather than a desire to come back.
Ah yeah I don't disagree there. Perfect isn't the right word. I also softened my view on his leaving tremendously after Rooneys antics. But anyway there is a 'unfinished business ' narrative that can be written. And that's what's exciting about this new development. Silly season just got more interests than it has in a while.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Absolutely agree - only thing is, if Mourinho stays his usual 3 years then he'll be needing a CR7 to have any hope of winning the league. I'd prefer not to invest so much in a 32 yr old, even if he's still one of the best in the world.

Varun

Staff
Ah yeah I don't disagree there. Perfect isn't the right word. I also softened my view on his leaving tremendously after Rooneys antics. But anyway there is a 'unfinished business ' narrative that can be written. And that's what's exciting about this new development. Silly season just got more interests than it has in a while.
Yeah, I can understand the excitement. It's Ronaldo after all.

ChaddyP

Couldn't agree more, that arsehole turned everyone to shit, I'm 100% positive if Jose or another good manager was here instead of that cretin he would have succeeded.
I guess we are in the majority. Our reasoning doesn't fit in with the Madrid is the devil agenda

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Backwards thinking like this is why United have been mediocre these past number of years.

Smh can't believe people have "concerns" about bringing back Ronaldo lol. He's 32 and arguably the greatest athlete in the world. There are no signs at all pointing to him declining whatsoever. He's a generational talent and will be producing at the level he is for another 4 years easy, and then some.

...and fee doesn't mean feck all. His shirt sales will cover majority of the cost within the first year.
Here we go with the "shirt sales" pitch!!
Do you have any idea how that works?

kotha

I have resisted for a couple of day, but now that Castle is on board I guess it's time to join in!! :drool:

Wondered if this thread can reach the heights of the Pogba on,nut its like 1000 pages long,so I don't think so..

Acquire Me

I've been saying for years that Ronaldo might end up at PSG, amazing city, will smash it there even in his decline, just needs to do well in Europe.

Coming to the EPL will be so much tougher and is so much harder. Think if he leaves he is PSG bound.
He may want to come to home. We are the most famous club in the world and our fans love him. His legend status will be huge.

Utd fans would suck Ronaldo's cock while being buttfecked by Mendes with tears of gratitude streaming from their eyes so no surprise there.
We are going to smile and cry all the way to climax :drool:

kotha

How many goals is he away from Rooney's record here?

Would be some record,to be topscorer at both Madrid and here!!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He may want to come to home. We are the most famous club in the world and our fans love him. His legend status will be huge.

We are going to smile and cry all the way to climax :drool:
It's a very romantic notion, but a huge risk, just can't see it all coming together. Unless you know otherwise. ;)

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Can't see it. 200 million transfer fee and 200 million wages spread over 4 years. We might be rich but wouldn't push the boat out that far.

Marcus

We missed out on Ronaldinho and signed Ronaldo. Turned out well. We missed out on Griezmann and re-sign Ronaldo. Might turn out ok as well. Let's dream.

Z_Wolf

He isn't worth more than 50m atleast not for us. He might be worth a whole lot more for clubs like PSG because of his brand and stardom. United is already the biggest sports brand in the world so we don't need him for off feild purposes. He's got 2 or 3 world class yrs left in him at the very best. 100m+ transfer fees + 600k/week wages is just ridiculous for 3yrs of of service.

MiceOnMeth

How many goals is he away from Rooney's record here?

Would be some record,to be topscorer at both Madrid and here!!
135. He would need to score 33.75 goals per season over 4 years to match Rooney's.

Sereques

Yes, which was probably the intention at the time.
Intention? Or the world where every journalist out there automatically assume Mourinho doesn't like Mata. They've been writing articles about it before Mourinho was confirmed United manager.

soapythecat

Can we all agree that whilst Wayne Rooney is still at the club taking £300k a week, or whatever the horrendous amount is, splashing about £500k a week on CR is not going to realistically happen. We have a lot of money but paying those two alone would be just crazy.

lewwoo

We will back off from Morata going all out for Ronaldo who will declare his love for real by the end of the window. Morata will by then be at Chelsea and Woody will panic and end up with Troy Deeney

clarkydaz

Can we all agree that whilst Wayne Rooney is still at the club taking £300k a week, or whatever the horrendous amount is, splashing about £500k a week on CR is not going to realistically happen. We have a lot of money but paying those two alone would be just crazy.
Zlatan was getting around 350k a week and he isn't being paid anymore. if we can give lingard 100k a week then the club have more money than they know what to do with

Mike09

If Ronaldo truly is to leave, I can only see it being because:

a) He wants more money
b) He wants to move to a place where he can still win the Ballon D'or by scoring many goals
- Messi's 29
- Ronaldo's 32

His problem is that he will probably not win Ballon D'or at United. I doubt he will score 26+ goals, but its definitely not impossible. Messi will just score around 37 in La Liga, which would put Ronaldo in a bad light.

At PSG though: He would earn top money, he would go far in the Champions League, he would score shitloads of goals in the french league to make statistics close to Messi.
b) He is in the right club to score a lot of goals because Real Madrid players will supply him a lot of chances and he won't win Ballon D'or by moving to league that below EPL & La Liga's tier.

OohAahMartial

Great as he is I don't think we would get the best out of him unless we have money left to strengthen the service he gets from our wide positions, like LB and a winger. And even in a 4-2-3-1 we would still lack a decent #10 to service him. It would be like fixing one leak in a boat with a golden patch while leaving the others unpatched--we may still sink. If our squad was better balanced already this move would make sense.

I also agree that it won't actually happen and he is just manipulating Real to back him vocally, morally and financially. And that if we waste time on him we may lose out on actual attainable targets. Like the boy that cried wolf too many times we should just ignore him and get our targets.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Really hope this story/rumor doesn't drag on for the whole transfer season. We can do without such distractions. Need to focus on realistic and sensible targets.

The muppetism got real ever since the rumors broke out. Annoying.

C'est Moi Cantona

There are a whole host of reasons as to why this is never happening, but I'd be pretty sure his weekly wage wouldn't be one of them.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Ronaldo has brought the transfer window to a standstill, the journos don't have time to make up any transfer bullshit as they are all writing about his latest melodrama, it's telling how the tweets have been barely a drip all day. :lol:

What a strange choice of pic. :confused:
Trying to indicate that Ronnie's spiting mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.