Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
This is why I comment about talent, situation and form. How much more could realistically have been expected of him in a Portugal shirt? I would give his international career a B+, with a very strong showing at an international tournament enough to take it up to a A.

Ronaldo is what he is an amazing goalscorer and physical specimen (he is Portugal's top scorer). If he had struggled to be a scorer for Portugal then you could have a gripe. What any player can do is largely dictated by their surroundings and the system they are in. Expecting him to CARRY Portugal to a world cup or even a Euro's is unrealistic. He is the same player that he is at Madrid, he just doesn't have the complimentary players around him to allow him to truly flourish.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
No problem :). It would be interesting to know what @Vato1979 thinks too. He might have a different opinion to me.
Great I would love to hear it :)
Well, I'd mostly have to agree with what you said RM. For me, he'll undoubtedly go down as the best player we've ever had if he keeps producing goals like he's been doing the past couple of seasons. The guy is simply a phenomenon.

But I doubt he'll ever come close to winning what Di Stefano or even Raul won with their time with us. To be fair to him though, this partly comes down to competing with a ridiculously talented Barca generation.

IMO Ronaldo will also never be regarded as a club legend like Di Stefano or Raul, this partly due to his petulance on the pitch, he just makes it very hard to like him sometimes. Also because the other 2 felt more like homegrown players even though they weren't either, can't really explain why.

Last edited:

Raul Madrid

Well, I'd mostly have to agree with what you said RM. For me, he'll undoubtedly go down as the best player we've ever had if he keeps producing goals like he's been doing the past couple of seasons. The guy is simply a phenomenon.

But I doubt he'll ever come close to winning what Di Stefano or even Raul won with their time with us. To be fair to him though, this partly comes down to competing with a ridiculously talented Barca generation.

IMO Ronaldo will also never be regarded as a club legend like Di Stefano or Raul, this due to his petulance on the pitch, he just makes it very hard to like him sometimes.
I agree with that too, although the situation with raul is similar with giggs in that Ronaldo is a much better player but the fans will always love raul more because he came from the youth system and is basically a symbol of Madrid. If he breaks the goal record, wins la decima and a few more leagues and stays at the clubs for a long time and maybe becomes captain and then retires at the club he may become more loved than raul. A lot of fans like zidane more than raul, but then again he wasn't petulant and was more likeable so it might take all those things I mentioned for Ronaldo to be more loved and become a bigger club legend than raul. I don't think its possible for anyone to surpass di Stefano as without him, Madrid wouldn't be the club that it is today. Personally I will always prefer raul and will probably always consider him to be a bigger Madrid legend, but as an individual footballing legend I think Ronaldo surpassed raul quite a while ago.

anchan1989

Thanks to Sly and Sporting. Hope you guys do well. Portugal deserves that and I have to say: Ronaldo grew on me. Seems a fine guy behind all that show.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

IMO Ronaldo will also never be regarded as a club legend like Di Stefano or Raul, this partly due to his petulance on the pitch, he just makes it very hard to like him sometimes. Also because the other 2 felt more like homegrown players even though they weren't either, can't really explain why.
He will most likely retire Top scorer for Portugal most appearances for Portugal and Top Scorer for a club as big as Real Madrid a long with a bunch of individual records club records and Personal accolades that is a hell of a career

SportingCP96

Supports
Thanks to Sly and Sporting. Hope you guys do well. Portugal deserves that and I have to say: Ronaldo grew on me. Seems a fine guy behind all that show.
I don't know if you are talking about the club or me ;) but regardless thanks and as always if any player leaves Sporting I hope its to United :)

SportingCP96

Supports
Haha, meant you. ;)
And sorry, but I must say that my Bayern should be the target for your players. :angel::D
sorry but i prefer United :D...but i do wish Bayern the best of luck ....just not against Sporting ( Sporting fans know what i am talking about :( )

Malva

So Ronaldo sucks but since you can't even show any facts to prove your point you are complaining about his English? Do we need to be perfect fluent in English to join this forum?
What the pissing rain are you talking about? i showed facts and didnt make any statements or suggestions like this crap you say I've said. Why haven't you actually read anything I was talking about other then maybe one or two posts prior to the one you responded to? You'd know that what I'm talking about is completely different from this " oh waaah Ronaldo sucks" narrative that people keep trying to pin. It really has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about and it looks ridiculous to keep seeing these kinds of stupid irrelevant responses.

Cristiano_RAFC

What the pissing rain are you talking about? i showed facts and didnt make any statements or suggestions like this crap you say I've said. Why haven't you actually read anything I was talking about other then maybe one or two posts prior to the one you responded to? You'd know that what I'm talking about is completely different from this " oh waaah Ronaldo sucks" narrative that people keep trying to pin. It really has nothing to do with what anyone is talking about and it looks ridiculous to keep seeing these kinds of stupid irrelevant responses.

CantonaGiggs1

Cronaldo is the only man on the planet who can make posing naked with a supermodel look gay.
There is no reason why she should have more clothes than him in any picture. Who came up with this idea? I bet it was Ronaldo.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Ronaldo probably lasts two minutes with a few spurts over the course of 90 minutes of coitus, while Keane would go in studs up and hard, possibly injuring himself and/or the other person, and Scholes would put in a masterclass performance leaving his opposition speechless.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I'm hoping Atletico thrash Real. Ronaldo then has a poor World Cup and Real Madrid hit huge turmoil. Feeling as low as he has felt in years, Ronaldo makes a triumphant return to Manchester United. A bolstered midfield and a lethal attacking trio of Rooney, Ronaldo and RVP United walk the English league and smash Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Wishing him all the best for the final. A dream of his to win it with Madrid. Atletico is a great story but still so much love for Ronaldo and he deserves it.

ricky-romeo

I'm hoping Atletico thrash Real. Ronaldo then has a poor World Cup and Real Madrid hit huge turmoil. Feeling as low as he has felt in years, Ronaldo makes a triumphant return to Manchester United. A bolstered midfield and a lethal attacking trio of Rooney, Ronaldo and RVP United walk the English league and smash Bayern Munich in the Champions League final.
i'll take this.

zing

Zingle balls
how can anyone like this guy? As a player, maybe but to be a 'fan' of this kind of behaviour..

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It does really annoy me that he had to make himself the centre of attention in two of the biggest moments in Madrid's season with his celebrations.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol:

Always polemic with Ronaldo. Nice touch celebrating with his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.