Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
they count the same?

over a guy that scores taps ins and penalties and the 5th goal of a 5 0 game i rather have a player that scores goals out of nothing and the 1st goal of every game or the winning goal

to say what you did is disregard how much important is the first goal over the 7th goal
Apparently we're not allowed to look beyond the goals numbers.

PvsNP

Credit to C. Ronaldo to make the debate about being world's best player into a goalscoring matter though. Gerd Müller must envy him a bit.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
nope

goals are goals and prove you who is the best

always!
My cousin (who's a huge United fan) had a go at me for going on about penalty numbers. Yet in a previous conversation he wasn't slow to note Lampards penalties when a Chelsea fan suggested Lampards goal tally meant that he was superior to Scholes :lol:

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Exactly. Someone purposefully coming in to wind up people, who are coming in to praise a guy who can score 2 goals when he's playing shit, is sad.
you must be a right laugh on a night out. Are we not allowed to have a laugh? I think it's sad some people genuinely get so upset about what I say about a Real Madrid player.

Reactions: Marcosdeto

NoLogo

No point debating about best player in the world/ever as it never gets anywehre but surely we can agree he is the most clinical and best finisher of all time?
I actually don't think so. He has probably the most shots out of any player ever on average. But I feel there are other players with better chance conversion rates than him. Non the less I think his goals scored per game record will be hard to match by any other player bar Messi, now and in the near future.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I actually don't think so. He has probably the most shots out of any player ever on average. But I feel there are other players with better chance conversion rates than him. Non the less I think his goals scored per game record will be hard to match by any other player bar Messi, now and in the near future.
I was going to mention the shots to goals thing and name a player who's has generally been FAR better but I thought I'd better not since I'm already in the bad books.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Exactly. Someone purposefully coming in to wind up people, who are coming in to praise a guy who can score 2 goals when he's playing shit, is sad.
This and the Messi thread should be closed or a ton of people need to be threadbanned from both, it's a joke.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
you must be a right laugh on a night out. Are we not allowed to have a laugh? I think it's sad some people genuinely get so upset about what I say about a Real Madrid player.
I'm fecking hilarious, I can just tell the difference between someone having a laugh and someone acting a dick.

I'm not upset at all, I can just appreciate great talents like the rest of the people here. He was shit today, literally contributed nothing, but yet he can work his socks off to score two goals. The sign of top players are when they can be compltely isolated from a team yet still bring the goals they need; after all, the whole point of this goddamn game is to score goals, which is what Ronaldo is best at.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
exactly, so why not treat it as such? People need to lighten up.
Maybe it's fun for you, but to everyone else who do not want to read pages of the same wummish debate going on, as it has done for 100's of pages in this thread, it's not so fun.

A lot of people opened this thread wanting to know how Ronaldo played today, not to see this shit exchange. Just stop wumming, as people have been told so many times in both threads.

JP77

I'd expect it's probably something to do with you being in here on a regular basis with an agenda to do nothing but wind people up and generally coming across as a bit of a tit.

The funniest part is you think it's funny. It's not, it's actually a bit embarrassing at this point.

SirAF

Ageist
Maybe it's fun for you, but to everyone else who do not want to read pages of the same wummish debate going on, as it has done for 100's of pages in this thread, it's not so fun.

Stop wumming in this thread, it's just shit.
It's time for one or more of the mods to get to grips with the level of wumming here, I think.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10

A lot of people opened this thread wanting to know how Ronaldo played today, not to see this shit exchange.

Stop wumming in this thread, it's just shit.

I'll bow out of this thread then. I think it's a shame that you can't take the piss a bit more but if it really upsets or angers folk then fair enough.

Apologies, count me out now.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
This and the Messi thread should be closed or a ton of people need to be threadbanned from both, it's a joke.
It's a shame, because we have two of the best players ever to grace this game smashing records and providing such joy to fans. However, it just turns into a pissing contest between people, where if one is receiving slightly more praise than another, they have to be brought into the discussion to disprove them, just baffling.

I posted in here to highlight another record he has broken (most away goals in Madrid's history), yet lo and behold I come in to find people saying he's played shit, which is true, but why come in and disprove other posters for praising his goalscoring talent? A threadban or close would probably do good for a lot of peoples' mental states to be honest.

Reactions: Hectic

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I didn't actually say the name. I didn't want some of the more aggressive members of the Cristiano fanclub baying for blood again.
That's how club/gang rivalry works. Of course Cristiano fan club members will take on a member of the patronising&biased&unabletoarguepointswithbalance club that you're a member of ;)

Jokes aside, they are the two best players in the world good at different things with different styles. Who you like is down to personal preference and there is no factually correct answer to who is better. Stats only show so much, and the preference towards a style of play is a subjective thing.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Still can't get my head around how upset people are. And by the way I'm not even pointing out the hypocrisy that goes around here when it comes to this sort of thing.

I've apologised, this will be my last post on the thread. Accept it and move the feck on.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol:

Oh I can't actually do anything, I'm not a modmin of the football forums, but I agree the threads are at breaking point and after some discussion on it, they will hopefully either lock or filter with threadbans. I don't know, anything really because this same thing happens every week, it's just really really boring.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Still can't get my head around how upset people are. And by the way I'm not even pointing out the hypocrisy that goes around here when it comes to this sort of thing.

I've apologised, this will be my last post on the thread. Accept it and move the feck on.
You're missing the point...You think people are outraged and upset by hearing shite like the stuff you posted before, but it's far more simple...it's boring. It's fecking boring to repeat the same - stupid - argument each week, even more so when it's obvious you are baiting people. No-one is coming into these threads with the purpose of reading/having these discussions, it really shouldn't be so surprising.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Locking the thread penalises people that want to discuss the man and his achievements. Some are interested in the opinions of others.

SirAF

Ageist

Oh I can't actually do anything, I'm not a modmin of the football forums, but I agree the threads are at breaking point and after some discussion on it, they will hopefully either lock or filter with threadbans. I don't know, anything really because this same thing happens every week, it's just really really boring.
You did at least throw your weight as a mod around ;)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Locking the thread penalises people that want to discuss the man and his achievements. Some are interested in the opinions of others.
Plus it just means the same thing will happen in the newer threads. I think threadbans are the way to go, it's obvious who the people taking the piss are, goes for both threads.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Plus it just means the same thing will happen in the newer threads. I think threadbans are the way to go, it's obvious who the people taking the piss are, goes for both threads.
Agreed but the discussions and opinions will always be the same. They are 2 polarising players that cause such sensitivity with their fans when they are criticised or not praised accordingly. Could there not be a 3rd thread where repeat wum's are sent instead?

People will always discuss and it's ok to have differing opinions I just feel the sensitivity needs to change or the policing needs to be stricter. It's a shame but can completely understand mod and admin views wearing thin here. As soon as 1 scores, it gets touchy.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Agreed but the discussions and opinions will always be the same. They are 2 polarising players that cause such sensitivity with their fans when they are criticised or not praised accordingly. Could there not be a 3rd thread where repeat wum's are sent instead?

People will always discuss and it's ok to have differing opinions I just feel the sensitivity needs to change or the policing needs to be stricter. It's a shame but can completely understand mod and admin views wearing thin here. As soon as 1 scores, it gets touchy.
Yep, I made a thread for this exact reason to pre-empt the shit discussion that would happen, that was called the "Ronaldo vs Messi" thread, a natural home for the never-ending debate. I've requested several time over the last few months that people use that thread, bumped it etc but the issue is this - the main posters who are a problem in this or the messi thread, they don't care about having a discussion on either player, they are purely posting to point-score, which is bizarre in itself. Anyway, you will see its the same faces each time who are bringing both threads down and they have no interest in taking it to the appropriate thread, you get much bigger reactions in the individual player threads. If they are removed it will keep at least the general discussion to a tolerable level.

SirAF

Ageist

Exactly. Different opinions are obviously what a forum is all about - but for WUMs to venture into a thread exclusively to make snide and immflamatory posts just drags down the overall quality of the forum in my opinion. I'm not mentioning any names...

Hectic

Supports
30fps
yes, but you dont go to the messi thread to insult messi bashers, do you?

Cal? Matherto?
Yes, that's exactly what I do. I've also used them both as examples before, and also used the Messi thread multiple times as the reason for people to use the Ronaldo vs Messi threads, because it's so bad.

I have also requested a list of posters from both threads be threadbanned, as the whole point to this is that it isn't something confined to just one thread.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
bad boy snake pilsen, bad boy

now, about Cal? and Matherto ... opinions?

how about spoony, claiming that messi lowered his standards after the "Barcelona drug scandal"?

good wumming and bad wumming?

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
bad boy snake pilsen, bad boy

now, about Cal? and Matherto ... opinions?

how about spoony, claiming that messi lowered his standards after the "Barcelona drug scandal"?

good wumming and bad wumming?
Just because peoples opinions don't match your opinions doesn't mean they're wumming.

Status
Not open for further replies.