Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol:

Who can forget that goal and that shirtless running around?
Exactly. Just like Macheda, his goal stays forever in my mind. Literally. If he ever comes good with other (non-rival) team, I'd irrationally assume that he's still one of us :).

Hojoon

In more important news, apparently he's split up with Irina Shayk. She didn't really get on terms with his mom, and the breaking point was that Irina Shayk refused to go to her 60th birthday party.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
That's not my point. I just find it funny (and typical of this thread) that people are so quick to praise him for scoring in a match when he was awful. There was a thread for the match but people still bump his own thread to tell everyone he scored...
It is more funny and typical of this thread when people like you come here in desperate attempt to blame Real Madrid's bad performance on him.

NK86

Do what you like, I just find it weird. Is there actually anyone here who isn't interested in knowing how Real Madrid are doing (so don't therefore follow their match threads) but is interested in knowing that Cristiano Ronaldo scored? That'd be weird, when it's a team sport.
Obviously it's a team sport. The team which comprises of individuals on whom we have many threads here. I would prefer coming to this thread to know how he performed rather than trawl through a thread on RM where score updates make up a lot of the posts.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Obviously it's a team sport. The team which comprises of individuals on whom we have many threads here. I would prefer coming to this thread to know how he performed rather than trawl through a thread on RM where score updates make up a lot of the posts.
You don't get to see how he performed by reading this thread anyway, you only find out if he scored.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
In more important news, apparently he's split up with Irina Shayk. She didn't really get on terms with his mom, and the breaking point was that Irina Shayk refused to go to her 60th birthday party.
bet there is a whole host of suitors in this thread waiting to line up for him.

Aussie_Red_Devil

There gonna be some members of the caf get excited with this news. They might get their chance to hook up with him.

Skorenzy

The prior Ballon d'or became a joke around the turn of the century. Then it became a popularity contest and players in England were often overlooked for the overhyped starlets at the big Italian and Spanish clubs (some of which pimped by their big sponsors).

Figo 2000 - pretty much off the hype of his transfer to Real; Kahn, Keane, Raul, and Zidane had better years
Owen 2001 - puhlease, Beckham, Kahn and Raul were sublime that year
Ronaldo 2002 - comeback award, Kahn and Rivaldo were better in the tournament and overall
Schevchenko 2004 - Henry was much better, Deco also in with a shout
Cannavaro 2006 - only because Italy won the WC, Ronaldhino was still TBPITW and had led Barca to a double
Kaka 2007 - basically given for AC Milan winning the CL; hotly debated if he had a better year than Ronaldo
Disagree. The examples you've just summed up are pretty much inherently standard when it comes to such individual awards, where there are usually multiple deserving winners, a variation of top candidates and from time to time a controversial winner (there are also many question marks that can be placed over earlier wins, e.g. Stanley Matthews 1956, Yashin 1963, Keegan 1978, etc.) ... however it's nothing like the unprecedented "by default"-type domination Cristiano and Messi have had over the top-2 spots in the last 7 or 8 seasons (most of it well deserved, but sometimes far less so); 2013 was the best example of that, it was somewhat farcical that Cristiano won and that Messi was even in the top-3, let alone ahead of Ribéry, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Disagree. The examples you've just summed up are pretty much inherently standard when it comes to such individual awards, where there are usually multiple deserving winners, a variation of top candidates and from time to time a controversial winner (there are also many question marks that can be placed over earlier wins, e.g. Stanley Matthews 1956, Yashin 1963, Keegan 1978, etc.) ... however it's nothing like the unprecedented "by default"-type domination Cristiano and Messi have had over the top-2 spots in the last 7 or 8 seasons (most of it well deserved, but sometimes far less so); 2013 was the best example of that, it was somewhat farcical that Cristiano won and that Messi was even in the top-3, let alone ahead of Ribéry, in my opinion.
Totally disagree with you, Messi and Ronaldo have dominated the award in recent years because they have been far and away the best players in the world, no one has even come close. Ribery wasn't better than Ronaldo.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Is that the best of the girl you can find? FFS Man, she's a super model, make your point better.
Wouldn't be fair to post candid pictures of Cristiano and a professional airbrushed shot of irina would it? Come on man I'm trying to do your lover a favour ;)

Raul Madrid

Oh great, another Ronaldo vs Irina debate. Must every thread be ruined by stupid comparisons between them two?

JP77

The prior Ballon d'or became a joke around the turn of the century. Then it became a popularity contest and players in England were often overlooked for the overhyped starlets at the big Italian and Spanish clubs (some of which pimped by their big sponsors).

Figo 2000 - pretty much off the hype of his transfer to Real; Kahn, Keane, Raul, and Zidane had better years
Owen 2001 - puhlease, Beckham, Kahn and Raul were sublime that year
Ronaldo 2002 - comeback award, Kahn and Rivaldo were better in the tournament and overall
Schevchenko 2004 - Henry was much better, Deco also in with a shout
Cannavaro 2006 - only because Italy won the WC, Ronaldhino was still TBPITW and had led Barca to a double
Kaka 2007 - basically given for AC Milan winning the CL; hotly debated if he had a better year than Ronaldo
Not sure if this is a joke?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
And so the goal haul of 2015 rises to 3. 37th of the season in all comps.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
He's been poor today (so has most of the team tbf) but still produces where it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.