Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh 76

Tarnishing his legacy would be signing for Wolves. Not Man United.
Yes it would. He will never live up to the standards he set when he was here before.
Ole is the the prime example of tarnishing his legacy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yes it would. He will never live up to the standards he set when he was here before.
He wouldn’t be expected to be the player he was in 2007. That much is obvious. He does have 2-3 very good years left in him and can be the catalyst towards a couple of trophies in that time.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
He does have 2-3 very good years left in him and can be the catalyst towards a couple of trophies in that time.
I'm skeptical about his "catalyst" ability in general, to be honest.

But at United? Now?

Oh, I don't know.

Apologies if you didn't mean at United - I didn't read the whole exchange.

TrustInOle

If he does come, I feel our frontline would really benefit from his presence and experience, especially Rashford who clearly revolves alot of his game around him.

utterly ridiculous as per usual. OGS being manager has zero effect in his playing legacy. It’s amazing how we can get anti Ole posts in a completely unrelated thread.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We'll get linked with him until he's properly retired. The media love the story.

The maddest thing being that we'd have to wait until next August too. Wait until he's 36 1/2 just to make it even more unlikely.

Bwuk

Still a huge goal threat. He’d batter goals in for us.

Bwuk

Must have missed something because he was pretty useless today imo?
Didnt score but he’s always in the right position and always has the self belief to go for it.

Put him in our current side and he’d hit somewhere around 35 in all comps. He just anticipates everything better than any of our other forwards.

choccy77

Chevy to drive him back home :drool:

I saw this on BBC just now.

It's weird because their deal ends at the end of June.

I can't see their being a massive commercial increase that would benefit them

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We can't have Cristiano Ronaldo playing for us and slowing down Greenwood and Rashford's development. Would be so awful to see him teaming up with Bruno Fernandes.

Ladron de redcafe

We can't have Cristiano Ronaldo playing for us and slowing down Greenwood and Rashford's development. Would be so awful to see him teaming up with Bruno Fernandes.
I agree that it sounds preposterous because anyone who is offered a choice between Cristiano Ronaldo in 2020 and Rashford and Greenwood would have to pick Ronaldo, who is one of the best players in the world.

The problem with that is that at this age, players usually decline and in some cases precipitously. I think that the age curve in sports has shifted, which is why you get 35 year olda still playing at a high level. But there is still a decline in overall play.

The question becomes whether Ronaldo can bridge the gap between United and Liverpool right now. If the answer is yes, then taking Ronaldo and relegating Rashford/Greenwood to the bench is the right move. If not, then we would potentially stagnate them without that much of a return.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I agree that it sounds preposterous because anyone who is offered a choice between Cristiano Ronaldo in 2020 and Rashford and Greenwood would have to pick Ronaldo, who is one of the best players in the world.

The problem with that is that at this age, players usually decline and in some cases precipitously. I think that the age curve in sports has shifted, which is why you get 35 year olda still playing at a high level. But there is still a decline in overall play.

The question becomes whether Ronaldo can bridge the gap between United and Liverpool right now. If the answer is yes, then taking Ronaldo and relegating Rashford/Greenwood to the bench is the right move. If not, then we would potentially stagnate them without that much of a return.
Wouldn't it be Martial being relegated to the bench? Ronaldo up too with Rashford and Greenwood on the left and right

TrustInOle

Honesty, if Pogba wants to leave I would offer a straight swap with Juve. Think it would suit both parties in the era of corona-economics.

Suvvernmanc

I dont know. What with Martial showing us that in the long term he's not a #9 and Cavani not going to play with us for long. Rashford left and Greenwood right, Ronnie up top. Sounds good to me.

TheRedDevil2019

Ole can never tarnish his legacy here. Club legend of the highest order.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Man Utd could land Cristiano Ronaldo in sensational swap transfer with Juventus for wantaway Paul Pogba

And according to The Independent's Chief Football Writer Miguel Delaney, he could soon return.

He told The Football Ramble's On The Continent show: "Talking to people during the week because I've been doing something on the Paul Pogba situation, which is connected to Ronaldo, and the fact that Juventus might actually be interested in a swap.

"It's not impossible. Connected to all that was the view that ultimately, Juventus are trying to install this collective idea of football.

"They tried it with Sarri, now they're trying do it with Pirlo, but that is almost impossible to do while Ronaldo is there, because the way he plays, he just doesn't really fit into that collective approach.

"Now, obviously that was not a problem at all when he was at his absolute maximum, but now it means, even more than ever, Juventus have to play a certain way.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13445701/man-utd-ronaldo-pogba-swap/

Bwuk

If Ronaldo fancied it this would be a move that would make sense for all parties.

slored1

He would be a perfect signing for the likes of Rashford and Greenwood. My only worry would be his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.