Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clas Sified

I think this is overstated. I appreciate legends have an impact on the training ground, the impact Cantona had was legendary, but that was nearly 30 years ago, training, mentality and techniques have changed massively since then.
Ronaldo isn't just any legend though Even at his age, his technique alone would still be among the best in the squad, while his mentality and training committment would easily still be exemplary for everyone, not just our younger players.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
Poor guy would be having nightmares where he's endlessly. chasing Dan James. Let the man enjoy his retirement in Juve.
He'll play till he his 40 at the minimum. Look at Zlatan and Cristiano is fitter. Retirement is a long time away

Dan James wouldn't start if CR7 was fit.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
:lol:

Jesus lads - one would have hoped the suggestion that Ronnie, the GOAT, would be having nightmares about Dan Jamies, would be enough to tell someone is joking but evidently not :lol:.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
:lol:

Jesus lads - one would have hoped the suggestion that Ronnie, the GOAT, would be having nightmares about Dan Jamies, would be enough to tell someone is joking but evidently not :lol:.
Aah. Fair enough but with the Way Caf is these days it wouldn't be out of question.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Waste of money. We’re building for the future and I’m not sure Ronaldo is the one missing peice that takes us from where we are to league and CL titles. Would just be a nostalgia signing.
We've been building for the future for the past 7 years and look at where it got us. We need success now.

meamth

Waste of money. We’re building for the future and I’m not sure Ronaldo is the one missing peice that takes us from where we are to league and CL titles. Would just be a nostalgia signing.
He will probably be here at least 2 seasons? Not bad.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Even if he wouldn't be able to displace anyone in the current starting eleven, his experience would definitely help the groundsmen. No doubt he's picked up a trick or two over the years.

USREDEVIL

We've been building for the future for the past 7 years and look at where it got us. We need success now.
I agree it isn't a waste of money if he takes us to the next level for a couple years. Look around at the players we have. I think their peak years are now. Rashford, Martial, Pogba, etc. They're not 18 no more. Except for Lingard who is still a 17 yo prospect.

Ronaldo isn't just any legend though Even at his age, his technique alone would still be among the best in the squad, while his mentality and training committment would easily still be exemplary for everyone, not just our younger players.
i’m not arguing that he’s not still a great player. But think the idea of getting players so that the younger players can ‘learn’ from them and that impact is overstated in this day and age.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If he comes and helps deliver us a title or CL trophy then i'd say mission accomplished. Heck, pushing us up to title challengers would be a step up frankly.

Jericho

Maybe if we'd maintained our status as top dogs he might have come back. But the way things are now I can't blame him. He'd just be wasting his time here winning feck all and getting older.

Bwuk

Imagine the amount of headers he’ll score from Telles crosses.

beingshe7don

What!? :lol:

Ronaldo
Martial Bruno Rashford​

Would be insane
Ronaldo doesn't play up top on his own. He's always preferred to play as a LW. You could switch Ronaldo and Martial and it could work where Martial plays the Benzema role. Rashford does not work on the right since he's not a consistent crosser of the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Won't happen. Some United once again shooting their load. We've got more important priorities anyway than spending all our resources on one great player heading towards the twighlight of his career. We need build a strong collective like Liverpool and City did, not go for one mega signing to solve things (which he won't).

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Won't happen. Some United once again shooting their load. We've got more important priorities anyway than spending all our resources on one great player heading towards the twighlight of his career. We need build a strong collective like Liverpool and City did, not go for one mega signing to solve things (which he won't).
Well we generally do this under Ed Woodward so I wouldn't be surprised for another stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.