Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
No way. I always wanted to come back, but if we had the balls we should have signed him when he left Madrid.
Starts his career at United brakes all sorts of records goes to Madrid brakes more records and then returns to finish his career with us, that's proper, not go to fecking Juve and then come back here at 36 years of age, what a joke.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Every player has such games, not even Ronaldo is an exception to that and even Messi is rather anonymous if his team is dominated. Dybala is easily a top 5 play maker in the world and has excellent output, last season as well. Ronaldo broke records, yes, but in large parts this had to do with penalty calls in Italy being all over the place. It's not normal for a player to score 12 penalties in Serie A. The same goals for Immobile.

I mean, if Dybala isn't world class I wonder who is. There are not many players in the world who are clearly better than Dybala right now. Especially since Dybala is proving it since years:

2015/16: 19 goals, 7 assists in 2463 minutes (94 minutes per scorer)
2016/17: 11 goals, 7 assists in 2153 minutes (119 minutes per scorer)
2017/18: 22 goals, 5 assists in 2354 minutes (87 minutes per scorer)
2018/19: 5 goals, 2 assists in 2137 minutes (305 minutes per scorer, this was the season Ronaldo joined)
2019/20: 11 goals, 11 assists in 2165 minutes (98 minutes per scorer)

All that on top of being one of the best play makers in the world. I find it hard to argue he isn't world class.
Well, you may argue Lukaku is world class too. At one point Juventus wants to offload Dybala and buy Lukaku as an upgrade, if he isn't world class too you may wonder who is. Especially since Lukaku is proving it since years too:

2015/16: 25 goals in 46 games
2016/17: 26 goals in 39 games
2017/18: 27 goals in 51 games
2018/19: 15 goals in 45 games
2019/20: 34 goals in 51 games

Zen86

We go through this every few years, why do people do it to themselves. That ship sailed long ago.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well, you may argue Lukaku is world class too. At one point Juventus wants to offload Dybala and buy Lukaku as an upgrade, if he isn't world class too you may wonder who is. Especially since Lukaku is proving it since years too:

2015/16: 25 goals in 46 games
2016/17: 26 goals in 39 games
2017/18: 27 goals in 51 games
2018/19: 15 goals in 45 games
2019/20: 34 goals in 51 games
Well, they obviously didn't want to buy Lukaku because they thought he was a better football player than Dybala. The issue was that the coach thought it was difficult to fit Dybala and Cristiano into the same team and in his first season he was proven right since it was Dybala's worst in a Juventus dress by quite a margin. It doesn't make sense from a squad managing perspective to have your two best (and most expensive) players being not compatible with each other.

That being said, Lukaku is a way better striker than he's given credit for in this forum. There are quite many people outside this place who would say that Lukaku is indeed world class.

James Peril

I think people overplay his love for United and downplay his ties to Sir Alex. I don’t think he would come to a lacklustre team managed by a guy that’s going to struggle to learn him anything and command his respect. And let’s be honest, Manchester is not Piemonte. Ronaldo will break a few more records and then move to New York or Miami. And who could blame the guy.

TRossManUtd8

No way. I always wanted to come back, but if we had the balls we should have signed him when he left Madrid.
Starts his career at United brakes all sorts of records goes to Madrid brakes more records and then returns to finish his career with us, that's proper, not go to fecking Juve and then come back here at 36 years of age, what a joke.
Agreed 100%.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Saw this thread and thought the discussion was about some goal or the other he had scored, only to see it's about a possible transfer:lol:

Not going to happen, BUT if I were Ronnie I would want one last great challenge - and we're it:lol:

Seriously, I can believe he's a little jaded at Juve.... can see him leaving.

HowYouDoin

Thank goodness the board aren't as mad as you.
We'll get 50m minimum for Pogba on pure name alone.
Him currently being a bit out of favour doesn't justify swapping or even worse actually paying money on top for a 35 year old Ronaldo!
35 year old Ronaldo is still arguably the best player in the world. Its still between him and Messi.
So yeah...

Bwuk

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised. If Juve want him off the wage bill I don’t think anyone else will sign him unless he goes to the MLS.

PSG don’t seem to be going after galacticos as much now.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We would probably reduce him to tears every game when he realises the attacking capability of our fullbacks and wingers.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If we played him as a pure centre forward, he’d bang in the goals and likely have a Zlatan effect on the squad. The question is whether we’d be willing to pay his wages.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
This old chestnut keeps clinging on and won't go away.
The right thing to do is to steer into it!

Ronaldo - Pogba (Swap)

And then...

Messi (Free)

In order to afford their wages, we then sell every fecker we can get a reasonable fee for (including Maguire, Fred, James, Wan Bissaka etc if needs must)

Then simply just fill in the holes in our team with what's left and our youngsters. Messi and Ronaldo with our 3 golden boys rotating for the other spot, would be lethal.

Ciao

Brophs

The One and Only
If anything, he respects us too much to come back. Far better to use us as a perennial stalking horse.

:yawn:

jackal&hyde

Seriously speaking though, the problem is if you buy such player at such age, who will be expected to start and play all games, you better be ready win league titles and challenge for CL, because if we got Ronaldo to play ahead of our youngsters for a crazy wages, then end up with the same crap top 4 struggle bullshit, then it's simply waste of money and time.
You never know; look at AC Milan and the impact Zlatan has had on them. A player like that raises everyone's game imo not to mention morale and self confidence. Plus, at his age I think you are a bit more careful with the games he plays, especially in the PL.

I don't see it happening but I would love it to be true as I think he would have a huge impact on the entire team. As far as the wages go, remember this is Ronaldo we are talking about, he personally has 10 times more fans then Cheaty; we would probably make a profit from shirt and sponsorship deals alone.

Not to drag it on with Pogba, but to me he seemed the most fired up when Ibra was here. Imagine the impact a crazy ambitious guy like Ronaldo would have on him. I would have him here for his influence off the pitch alone.

I think it would be a dream come true for SAF as well. Have Rony retire at United would be an amazing ending to a phenomenal United legend.

TheRedHearted

Play him mostly in the CL
Sell pogbi

Rashford Ronaldo

VDB Bruno
Fred MCT

tell the current back four to stay back. AWB has the legs to push forward give him a lil freedom
Or
Rashford———Ronaldo———Greenwood
——VDB———————Bruno
—————Fred————

Tell the back four to stay back there!

Bondi77

I would have thought he would be putting the brakes on his career after he finishes with Juve.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He mustn't come back. It could be a real watered down disaster.
He needs maybe one more season in Italy then a couple of years in wherever the next money league is, before a dabble n america late doors.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’d only consider having him back if he gets to play in front of a full stadium.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
One can only dream. I get the unrealistic wages and other genuine concerns but honestly who wouldn't want Ronnie back at OT?

Imagine the reception on his comeback with Viva Ronaldo roaring at the theatre. :drool:

Bondi77

I am happy remembering Ronnie in a Utd shirt as a young man playing in arguably the best team in Europe and us playing the Utd way.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Love the guy but I’ll pass, we got cavani to fill the ‘legendary striker to teach our younger players’ role.

Matt6677

Not sure if this will happen

Ronaldo is the type of player who will aim to win silverware until he retires. He is not going to win the champions league with us and probably not even the premier league.

We will just hold him back.

Robertd0803

Id love him to come back. Always have felt that way. Its Ronaldo. Id love for my oldest son to see him play in a United jersey so he can see why I always mention his name is reverential terms.

But......as always I cant see it happening. Its just an easy story to peddle and a large percentage of fans will go for it.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
I’d only consider having him back if he gets to play in front of a full stadium.
Fingers crossed. Vaccines are already out..(even if 90 something % successful) I think next season all crowds will be back. Hopefully it's not too soon.

leontas

I wouldn't mind his mentality and work rate back in training. Think he'd rub off on some players that need it.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It would all depend on the transfer fee. As long as it's not stupid then Ronnie must be an option for us. He's still banging the goals in and we can manage his fitness with Marial and Cavani in the squad. He's the player that wins you trophies.

I wouldn't mind his mentality and work rate back in training. Think he'd rub off on some players that need it.
I think this is overstated. I appreciate legends have an impact on the training ground, the impact Cantona had was legendary, but that was nearly 30 years ago, training, mentality and techniques have changed massively since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.