Cristiano Ronaldo | Signs for United! Fcuk City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

Ronaldo in and Messi in on a free. A man can dream, can't he?

Funny enough, both of them would actually work superbly as an attacking duo. With people behind them doing the legwork, a combination of Messi's passing and vision and Ronaldo's movement and finishing would unlock most teams.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Camavinga
Bruno - Grealish
Diablo - Haaland - Ronaldo​

This is all we need to challenge I reckon.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Dybala is very good on his day but not World Class. If he was, he would be an undisputed starter for this relatively average Juventus side which he hasn't been throughout Ronaldo's time there. He was fantastic last season and terrible the season before and has started this season poorly. He certainly has World Class potential but hasn't actually operated at that level for more than half of the time Ronaldo has been there.
Dybala was voted the best Serie A player last season, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and many others. He's world class, there's no denying it. He already was before Cristiano joined Juve and initially suffered under his arrival.

jackal&hyde

Because Pogba is most likely a major part of the deal if it is to happen (probably all bollocks), hardly a shock that he's being discussed?
Why would it be likely that he is a part of the deal? Both parties, the club and the agent talked more about the potentiality of a new contract and him getting fit and at his best again.
It's inevitable in every thread, either Ole or Pogba
Yeah.

Judas

Open to offers
Why would it be likely that he is a part of the deal? Both parties, the club and the agent talked more about the potentiality of a new contract and him getting fit and at his best again.

Yeah.
Whatever you choose to believe, seems a bit naive, but we'll see won't we. I hope Pogba kicks into gear and stays entire career with us personally. AND Ronaldo comes home.

MrEleson

Dybala was voted the best Serie A player last season, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and many others. He's world class, there's no denying it. He already was before Cristiano joined Juve and initially suffered under his arrival.
A player that isn’t a guaranteed starter for his team (which isn’t even star-studded to begin with) can’t be world class in my books. A player who also only had 1 good year in the last 2. Go over to Juve forum and most of their fans have a very love-hate relationship with Dybala and a lot are very frustrated with his development and don’t mind selling him. Being Serie A MVP last year doesn’t make him World Class. (Btw even after that award, Juventus still went ahead and made Ronaldo their own personal MVP).

SouthPredators4

None of those players are world class. Sandro who's been relatively poor for seasons now? And especially Chiesa? Really?? Maybe De Ligt but he's only been around for a season. You need continued and prolonged years of quality to be recognised at that level. At least 2 years.

Note: I said they have very good players at best. Those players you listed are just that. Not world class. (Minus Ronaldo).

Edit: Just noticed you said they'd start for United. Yes most of them. But a lot of United's players would greatly add to Juve's too. Doesn't make their squad better. Pogba for example who is barely needed would instantly be their best midfielder.
I still think those players except Chiesa are worldclass. You don't get over 20 caps for Brazil if you are not, especially when it is Marcelo ahead of him. De Ligt, Dybala no arguments. Melo was one of the best central midfielder recently untill De Jong was favoured.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
A player that isn’t a guaranteed starter for his team (which isn’t even star-studded to begin with) can’t be world class in my books. A player who also only had 1 good year in the last 2. Go over to Juve forum and most of their fans have a very love-hate relationship with Dybala and a lot are very frustrated with his development and don’t mind selling him. Being Serie A MVP last year doesn’t make him World Class. (Btw even after that award, Juventus still went ahead and made Ronaldo their own personal MVP).
The Dybala situation is more complicated than that. He's often left on the bench since it's hard to fit both him and Ronaldo in. That aside leaving Dybala out was usually what Juve coaches were criticized for the hardest.

Also I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Juve naming Cristiano player of the season. Realistically speaking they don't even have much of a choice if they don't want to offend him, his fans or sponsors.

MrEleson

I still think those players except Chiesa are worldclass. You don't get over 20 caps for Brazil if you are not, especially when it is Marcelo ahead of him. De Ligt, Dybala no arguments. Melo was one of the best central midfielder recently untill De Jong was favoured.
How often have you watched Sandro play recently? He was very good some years ago but has been poor in the last 1-2 years. There’s no way he’s currently World Class. De Ligt id give for his last year only but it’s still a small sample size. Arthur has done absolutely nothing to warrant a World Class status. Our definitions of what constitutes a world class talent are obviously very different.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Pogba was voted Premier league team of the season a year and half ago too, the only player from our squad who managed that. Yet he is now the worst player in our squad and nobody wants to see him play for us.

MrEleson

The Dybala situation is more complicated than that. He's often left on the bench since it's hard to fit both him and Ronaldo in. That aside leaving Dybala out was usually what Juve coaches were criticized for the hardest.

Also I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Juve naming Cristiano player of the season. Realistically speaking they don't even have much of a choice if they don't want to offend him, his fans or sponsors.
It’s not really only because of his inability to co-exist with Ronaldo that he’s struggled. Even in games where Ronaldo hasn’t featured, he’s been completely anonymous. Take the match against Barca just a few weeks ago for example. Perfect opportunity to take the mantle in Ronaldo’s absence but he did nothing. The game at the weekend, was partially responsible for Lazio’s late equaliser. He also had other embarrassing moments in that game. He’s too inconsistent for me to be labelled as World Class. I’d have him down as a very good player with a World Class ceiling if he got things going.

And for your second point, I don’t think it goes as far as Juve not wanting to offend him. Ronaldo had a very legitimate case for being Juventus’ best player last season and many believe he was. He scored the most goals for the team by far (breaking age old records) and was actually the difference maker in their most important games of the season (against Lazio & Lyon at home). I think it could’ve gone to either one of them.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Pogba was voted Premier league team of the season a year and half ago too, the only player from our squad who managed that. Yet he is now the worst player in our squad and nobody wants to see him play for us.

It’s not really only because of his inability to co-exist with Ronaldo that he’s struggled. Even in games where Ronaldo hasn’t featured, he’s been completely anonymous. Take the match against Barca just a few weeks ago for example. Perfect opportunity to take the mantle in Ronaldo’s absence but he did nothing. The game at the weekend, was partially responsible for Lazio’s late equaliser. He also had other embarrassing moments in that game. He’s too inconsistent for me to be labelled as World Class. I’d have him down as a very good player with a World Class ceiling if he got things going.

And for your second point, I don’t think it goes as far as Juve not wanting to offend him. Ronaldo had a very legitimate case for being Juventus’ best player last season and many believe he was. He scored the most goals for the team by far (breaking age old records) and was actually the difference maker in their most important games of the season (against Lazio & Lyon at home). I think it could’ve gone to either one of them.
Every player has such games, not even Ronaldo is an exception to that and even Messi is rather anonymous if his team is dominated. Dybala is easily a top 5 play maker in the world and has excellent output, last season as well. Ronaldo broke records, yes, but in large parts this had to do with penalty calls in Italy being all over the place. It's not normal for a player to score 12 penalties in Serie A. The same goals for Immobile.

I mean, if Dybala isn't world class I wonder who is. There are not many players in the world who are clearly better than Dybala right now. Especially since Dybala is proving it since years:

2015/16: 19 goals, 7 assists in 2463 minutes (94 minutes per scorer)
2016/17: 11 goals, 7 assists in 2153 minutes (119 minutes per scorer)
2017/18: 22 goals, 5 assists in 2354 minutes (87 minutes per scorer)
2018/19: 5 goals, 2 assists in 2137 minutes (305 minutes per scorer, this was the season Ronaldo joined)
2019/20: 11 goals, 11 assists in 2165 minutes (98 minutes per scorer)

All that on top of being one of the best play makers in the world. I find it hard to argue he isn't world class.

MrEleson

Every player has such games, not even Ronaldo is an exception to that and even Messi is rather anonymous if his team is dominated. Dybala is easily a top 5 play maker in the world and has excellent output, last season as well. Ronaldo broke records, yes, but in large parts this had to do with penalty calls in Italy being all over the place. It's not normal for a player to score 12 penalties in Serie A. The same goals for Immobile.

I mean, if Dybala isn't world class I wonder who is. Especially since Dybala is proving it since years:

2018/19: 5 goals, 2 assists in 2137 minutes (305 minutes per scorer, this was the season Ronaldo joined)

All that on top of being one of the best play makers in the world. I find it hard to argue he isn't world class.
RE the bolded: You’re absolutely kidding right? Dybala is not even a playmaker. His best position comes just off a striker as a SS. Not even the staunchest Juve fan would agree with this. I wouldn’t even have him in the top 20 overall players in the world. I’m dumbfounded and intrigued to know which version of Dybala you’ve been watching. One of the very best players in the world yet the directors at the club were willing to swap him for Lukaku just over a year ago.

romufc

I mean, if Dybala isn't world class I wonder who is. There are not many players in the world who are clearly better than Dybala right now. Especially since Dybala is proving it since years:

What position would you say Dybala is WC in?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
An autocorrected Diallo. He should change his name to Diablo though to fit in with the red devil theme.
Oh we’ve already signed him. Should be a swift sweep of Haaland, Ronaldo and Grealish then sound. Thought you were living in a fantasy world for a second.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
RE the bolded: You’re absolutely kidding right? Dybala is not even a playmaker. His best position comes just off a striker as a SS. Not even the staunchest Juve fan would agree with this. I wouldn’t even have him in the top 20 overall players in the world. I’m dumbfounded and intrigued to know which version of Dybala you’ve been watching. One of the very best players in the world yet the directors at the club were willing to swap him for Lukaku just over a year ago.
Of course Dybala is a play maker. Play making isn't reserved for certain positions. Dybala is a mixture of a CAM and a second striker. I mean, to each their own, but I can hardly understand how you don't see him as a play maker given how great he is at creating chances through his exceptional dribbling and passing.

What position would you say Dybala is WC in?
CAM and second striker.

MrEleson

Of course Dybala is a play maker. Play making isn't reserved for certain positions. Dybala is a mixture of a CAM and a second striker. I mean, to each their own, but I can hardly understand how you don't see him as a play maker given how great he is at creating chances through his exceptional dribbling and passing.

CAM and second striker.
I really don’t see him as a playmaker at all. If he was then Juve wouldn’t have such huge issues with creativity and they wouldn’t be actively seeking midfielders in the mould of Aouar, Pogba, etc. A great final ball passer is someone in the ilk of an Ozil, KDB, etc. I’ve never watched a game where I would say Dybala’s passing was exceptional. He is a better finisher and shooter than he is a passer in my opinion.

el3mel

I refuse to believe this is real and not nonsense. I have seen such stories 100 times now ever since he moved to Madrid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why? Pogba is behind Matic on our team sheet.
He is the last midfielder we want to play.
Getting rid of him to get Ronaldo would be genius, otherwise we will lose him for nothing.
We wanna get rid of Pogba anyway. To get Ronaldo for him, genius piece of work.
Thank goodness the board aren't as mad as you.
We'll get 50m minimum for Pogba on pure name alone.
Him currently being a bit out of favour doesn't justify swapping or even worse actually paying money on top for a 35 year old Ronaldo!

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I really don’t see him as a playmaker at all. If he was then Juve wouldn’t have such huge issues with creativity and they wouldn’t be actively seeking midfielders in the mould of Aouar, Pogba, etc. A great final ball passer is someone in the ilk of an Ozil, KDB, etc. I’ve never watched a game where I would say Dybala’s passing was exceptional. He is a better finisher and shooter than he is a passer in my opinion.
His through balls aren't his standout quality, that's true, but he's an excellent short passer, great at one twos, good crosser, good set piece taker etc. The stats back that. He had 88% passing accuracy and 2.1 key passes per game last season. That's exceptional for a second striker. Whoscored has his passing and crossing under the category "very strong" and his through balls and key passes as "strong" by the way.

Also, he's one of those players who finish the way they pass. He relies a lot on finesse, curve, lobs, outside of the foot etc. which are all techniques of "manipulating a football" that are used in passing, too.

SplitzMagic

Just remember Giggs played to the tender age of 41 and even then he was still pretty useful.

Ronaldo is a pure ST and will score what we put on his plate.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because a player like Fred behind Messi and Fernandes wouldn't work.
I just came into this thread and seen the post so I don’t know the context sorry, it made me laugh though seeing we should sell fred because he wouldn’t work behind messi. Are we signing messi? And even if he signed tomorrow it was just a bizarre sentence to read :)

Skills

Snitch
Camavinga
Bruno - Grealish
Diablo - Haaland - Ronaldo​

This is all we need to challenge I reckon.
Need Messi and De Bruyne on the bench. Can't be expected to challenge without bench strength

el3mel

Seriously speaking though, the problem is if you buy such player at such age, who will be expected to start and play all games, you better be ready win league titles and challenge for CL, because if we got Ronaldo to play ahead of our youngsters for a crazy wages, then end up with the same crap top 4 struggle bullshit, then it's simply waste of money and time.

RUCK4444

Seriously speaking though, the problem is if you buy such player at such age, who will be expected to start and play all games, you better be ready win league titles and challenge for CL, because if we got Ronaldo to play ahead of our youngsters for a crazy wages, then end up with the same crap top 4 struggle bullshit, then it's simply waste of money and time.
I’d still be happy with top four and Ronnie smashing them in instead of that performance from Tony last weekend.

I’d expect us to back his signing with other signings though. Otherwise I agree it would be a tad wasteful. But Ronaldo worshippers like myself will be happy either way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.