Television Curb your enthusiasm

DocRockter

I wanna be you PhilipB.. Everytime I see this thread with new posts I hope it's the news about the new season..

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've started watching them from the first season having only seen the odd one. I really like it but its almost too confrontational at times. Not from Larry, because that's funny but when its others it can be a bit annoying and forced.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That's weird that I was the last post, because I obviously stopped watching it because of how repetitive it was and after carrying on with it after a big break I've come back to say the same. As great as it is, it's really not that intelligent, and is predictable and repetitive. Every episode you can pinpoint the key areas that are going to come back to haunt him later on in the episode. Same formula every single time. If it all wasn't so obvious and at times really, really stupid, it'd be on another level. I want to carry on watching it, with only two seasons to go, but it's got to be one of the worst programs to binge watch because of the above reasons.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Amazing news :cool:

I given-up hope we'd ever see more.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Mixed feelings about this. First couple of seasons would rank as one of the funniest Tv shows I've ever watched. Consistently made me laugh lik a drain.

Then it steadily got less and less funny to the point where the most recent season or two was almost annoying. Really far-fetched, over the top yet formulaic slapstick comedy with none of more subtle and original observational stuff that grounded his arseholery in the earlier seasons. If this season continues that trend it will be pretty pretty crap.

But maybe, just maybe, the long break will freshen it up again?

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I thought season 8 was pretttttyy good. Excited about the new one :drool: It's been far too long. Larry David is 70 years old now. They should hurry up and make more seasons before he's too old :p

cyberman

The weatherman is giving out false forecasts so he can have the golf course all to himself...

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Amazing, I can't wait.

decorativeed

Mixed feelings about this. First couple of seasons would rank as one of the funniest Tv shows I've ever watched. Consistently made me laugh lik a drain.

Then it steadily got less and less funny to the point where the most recent season or two was almost annoying. Really far-fetched, over the top yet formulaic slapstick comedy with none of more subtle and original observational stuff that grounded his arseholery in the earlier seasons. If this season continues that trend it will be pretty pretty crap.

But maybe, just maybe, the long break will freshen it up again?
Feel the same really. Season 3 (I think - the one with the restaurant) was brilliant, but there have been some really poor seasons since, although they all had one or two good episodes.

Actually, the Seinfeld season was good too.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Feel the same really. Season 3 (I think - the one with the restaurant) was brilliant, but there have been some really poor seasons since, although they all had one or two good episodes.

Actually, the Seinfeld season was good too.
I trace the start of the decline to the arrival of the Blacks (note the capital letter, lest anyone accuse me of being a racist)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
So, so excited :D What channel in the UK?

Dan

That was excellent. :lol:

“Larry David’s office, what the feck is up?” :lol:

whatwha

It's finally back! It's been 6 years... Might watch ep 1 of the new season tonight. :drool:

hubbuh

Watching clips from old eps is a great way to burn time at work.

Really good first episode, can't wait for the Funkman to appear.

whatwha

Watched it. Not one of my favorite episodes ever, but pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Blind

Leon saved the first episode from mediocrity, maybe the idea of a new season is better than the reality of it but early days and that.

SteveTheRed

Thought it was very good. Great to have LD back! No show pokes fun at being offended like this one, first episode assuming someone's sexuality, jokes about the American military and PTSD, black slang, constipation :lol:

Peanut Butter

CYE is my favourite comedy series of all time but I didn't enjoy the new episode that much.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does everyone know that the first 4 or 5 episodes are online? Sounds like it's only up to ep2 on here. Obviously leaked because there's a few weird things like a counter in the corner and at one point there was a getty images pic of a mansion in between scenes, which I assume was filler til they put the proper pic there.

Leon is the star of this season so far.
And the predicability that I once complained about is a welcome return and only adds to the charm, which I now realise.

hubbuh

Is the disguise thing going to be a consistent feature throughout this season?

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Is the disguise thing going to be a consistent feature throughout this season?
Nope.

Thumbs down on episode 2 and 3 for me. Very average fare. Mish mash of a lot of different ideas that David is not able to mesh together as he did for great Curb episodes.