Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supposedly Johnny Silverhand is like a spiritual mentor/companion throughout your journey. Similar to Handsome Jack in Tales from the Borderlands games.

Kaos

Christ, can’t believe transphobia is the first thing that comes to mind when people see this. At least if they’re capable of stopping for one second and looking at it with a cyberpunk context.
These extreme anti-sjw gamer types are the absolute worst. They even blew a lid when they found out the new animal crossing game allowed you to select your characters skin colour - imagine that! :houllier:

What makes this bizarre is it’s such a peripheral thing - a bloody poster in the game. Maybe they’d have been happy if they did away with the option to play as a female character too :rolleyes:

Art Vandelay

These extreme anti-sjw gamer types are the absolute worst. They even blew a lid when they found out the new animal crossing game allowed you to select your characters skin colour - imagine that! :houllier:

What makes this bizarre is it’s such a peripheral thing - a bloody poster in the game. Maybe they’d have been happy if they did away with the option to play as a female character too :rolleyes:
Both sides are as bad as each other. It's fueled by people with no real interest in gaming that just feed off the controversy. There's never going to be any appeasing either group and they probably won't buy the bloody thing anyway. Now that this has started Cyberpunk is going to get nitpicked to death over whether it's pandering to SJW's or if it's transphobic or offending someone. I've seen a few previews squeezing in comments about white males, tired stereotypes, etc. Both sides smell blood with this and it's going to be article after article hoping to get some traction for more articles and videos.

Kaos

Both sides are as bad as each other. It's fueled by people with no real interest in gaming that just feed off the controversy. There's never going to be any appeasing either group and they probably won't buy the bloody thing anyway. Now that this has started Cyberpunk is going to get nitpicked to death over whether it's pandering to SJW's or if it's transphobic or offending someone. I've seen a few previews squeezing in comments about white males, tired stereotypes, etc. Both sides smell blood with this and it's going to be article after article hoping to get some traction for more articles and videos.
Oh the other extreme end of the spectrum is also pretty insufferable, but at least the sjw on a mild level have benevolent intentions. The guys getting offended at this poster are just sad little neckbeard cretins.

I’m just looking forward to another game by one of my favourite developers modelled around one of my favourite fictional sub genres. Everyone else can eat a dick (trans or otherwise).

Art Vandelay

Oh the other extreme end of the spectrum is also pretty insufferable, but at least the sjw on a mild level have benevolent intentions. The guys getting offended at this poster are just sad little neckbeard cretins.

I’m just looking forward to another game by one of my favourite developers modelled around one of my favourite fictional sub genres. Everyone else can eat a dick (trans or otherwise).
That's the thing though, the loudest ones don't seem to have benevolent intentions. The vast majority of all of this is weird attention seeking from both sides. If the ones on the SJW side get whatever they are crying about this week then they will demand something else next week, same for the other side. Meanwhile they ain't buying the game, they are just getting their clicks and looking for the next controversy.

I just hope CDPR don't get sucked into the nonsense and end up going full Bioware. I just want more CDPR greatness done their own way. I really don't care if it offends anyone, I don't even care if it offends me. I just want to play the fecking thing and possibly become a cyborg ninja.

Bojan11

That's the thing though, the loudest ones don't seem to have benevolent intentions. The vast majority of all of this is weird attention seeking from both sides. If the ones on the SJW side get whatever they are crying about this week then they will demand something else next week, same for the other side. Meanwhile they ain't buying the game, they are just getting their clicks and looking for the next controversy.

I just hope CDPR don't get sucked into the nonsense and end up going full Bioware. I just want more CDPR greatness done their own way. I really don't care if it offends anyone, I don't even care if it offends me. I just want to play the fecking thing and possibly become a cyborg ninja.
They will buy the game.

They get high and mighty complaining about crunch and all that. Yet they don’t mind where their Xbox or playstations are made in way worse conditions. The same for their phones and clothes.

Resetera is way worse than neogaf. I’ve seen people get banned for the stupidest things ever. Someone was moaning the other day why there wasn’t any black avengers in the new game. Even though they started out with the original avengers and Fury will be there. They also said characters like Black Panther will be out as free DLC. Apparently one bad guy on social media from CDPR means the whole company is racist.

Just read this thread about resetera

I said they were cretins whilst people like @afrocentricity were saying I was wrong yet he moans about redcafe mains forum. Surprisingly thinks them lot are normal. These guys make the mains posters look sane. Funny how he’s stuck in that redcafe thread in the general and constantly posting there. Yet whenever I or somebody else used to post funny shit from resetera he used to say to ignore it. Should maybe listen to his own advice first before giving it to somebody else.

They literally moan about everything and it’s not even a video game forum. Neogaf seems to have moved to the other spectrum. The only sensible middle ground is Reddit. There’s no agendas there and I prefer a forum that talks about games. I don’t want politic talks in a general gaming discussion. @esmufc07 please make sure no politics in the gaming section when you build that.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Are you on your period again @Bojan11? Do me a favour and let's act like we can't see eachothers posts...

Bojan11

Are you on your period again @Bojan11? Do me a favour and let's act like we can't see eachothers posts...
No thank you. Keep posting in that redcafe thread and thinking your resetera warriors are normal people. The hypocrisy from you is unbelievable. Maybe you should use your own advice and filter the content.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It's an industry at this point. All the Youtube channels devoted to stirring up both sides with their shítty outrage videos where the same points are rambled over for just over 10 minutes to qualify for ad revenue, then they'll ask for Patreon money.

Art Vandelay

@Bojan11 I was just talking more in general from what I've seen. I don't read resetera, so I wasn't singling them out. I don't bother with other forums really any more as a lot of it tends to devolve into that kind of left/right side taking. I just meant in general when all the SJW/anti-SJW stuff even invades my attempts to read about games or films. As someone that's not diving deep into crazed forum wars, I maybe see it a bit different as invasive nonsense from both sides. Even this started because of alleged angry neckbeards and SJW's. Then it's CDPR having a "history".

My initial point was just that it's going to spiral from here with CDPR now having a bit of target on their back from this stuff and I hope it doesn't get out of control. The derailing was mostly my fault and I apologize.

We only have to wait until August for footage now anway.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
meh, don't get the excitment.
Did you like Deus Ex?

That was for me the greatest game I had ever played for the longest time. Probably still is. Only Witcher 3 has reached those levels since, for me, possibly slightly below. The idea that the makers of Witcher 3 could give us true successor to the Deus Ex experience which many of us have yearned for, is a mouth watering one.

Hard for me to put describe how I felt when I played Deus Ex all those years back. Never felt more captivated by a game ever really. Human Revolution was excellent and Mankind Divided was okay, but the original was different gravy. And of course this is an entirely different game (Cyberpunk), but given that it's made by developers who made something phenomenal and has similarities to something else phenomenal, yes I am excited!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Did you like Deus Ex?

That was for me the greatest game I had ever played for the longest time. Probably still is. Only Witcher 3 has reached those levels since, for me, possibly slightly below. The idea that the makers of Witcher 3 could give us true successor to the Deus Ex experience which many of us have yearned for, is a mouth watering one.

Hard for me to put describe how I felt when I played Deus Ex all those years back. Never felt more captivated by a game ever really. Human Revolution was excellent and Mankind Divided was okay, but the original was different gravy. And of course this is an entirely different game (Cyberpunk), but given that it's made by developers who made something phenomenal and has similarities to something else phenomenal, yes I am excited!
I played and finished it yeah, it wasn't great IMHO. TW3 was a great game (in my top 10).
In general, I don't like futuristic settings though

afrocentricity

No thank you. Keep posting in that redcafe thread and thinking your resetera warriors are normal people. The hypocrisy from you is unbelievable. Maybe you should use your own advice and filter the content.
You're a tedious fecker. Will you ever get over what I said to you years ago? Doesn't seem so. What's the point in repeatedly misrepresenting me year after year? Anyone would think I fecks your mum, when all I did was call you a drama queen. Instead of repeatedly telling lies about what I did why don't you go back and reread it......

Such a weirdo.

Bojan11

You're a tedious fecker. Will you ever get over what I said to you years ago? Doesn't seem so. What's the point in repeatedly misrepresenting me year after year? Anyone would think I fecks your mum, when all I did was call you a drama queen. Instead of repeatedly telling lies about what I did why don't you go back and reread it......

Such a weirdo.
Tedious for pointing out your hypocrisy? Yeah seems like it. Misrepresenting you? Go read the shit you were posting in that neogaf thread where I’d add I wasn’t the only one mocking you for your silly responses. I was mocking people on resetera just like you do in the is the UTD forum safe thread. Do I go in there and question why you get triggered? You were on your high horse saying I should ignore them or shouldn’t read it but yet can’t follow your own advice on here. Maybe you should try doing that. If you bothered using your own advice and ignoring me when I was mocking them then I wouldn’t be tagging you constantly to get you “triggered”.

The forum admin is blocking anyone who is liking or mentioning the pedo thing to him so shows what sort of character he is. Probably worse than the neogaf owner.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Get this weird beef out of my thread please lads

afrocentricity

Tedious for pointing out your hypocrisy? Yeah seems like it. Misrepresenting you? Go read the shit you were posting in that neogaf thread where I’d add I wasn’t the only one mocking you for your silly responses. I was mocking people on resetera just like you do in the is the UTD forum safe thread. Do I go in there and question why you get triggered? You were on your high horse saying I should ignore them or shouldn’t read it but yet can’t follow your own advice on here. Maybe you should try doing that. If you bothered using your own advice and ignoring me when I was mocking them then I wouldn’t be tagging you constantly to get you “triggered”.

The forum admin is blocking anyone who is liking or mentioning the pedo thing to him so shows what sort of character he is. Probably worse than the neogaf owner.
What the feck does all this have to do with me though you insufferable cnut? Christ you're tedious...

Here is a place for your nonsensical ramblings, or the original neogaf thread.... Go knock yourself out. Nobody wants to read this shite in here...

Bojan11

What the feck does all this have to do with me though you insufferable cnut? Christ you're tedious...

Here is a place for your nonsensical ramblings.... Go knock yourself out.
Nah, I believe I went in there and you reported me. Not falling for that trap again. You keep getting triggered and being a hypocrite.

I’m also increasingly concerned about Cyberpunk’s handling of non-white cultures. Last year’s Gamescom demo drew criticism for its clumsy and inauthentic presentation of a Latino character, and I’m not convinced the Voodoo Boys are a step in the right direction. At one point V, the player character, mockingly says “and who are dem” in response to Placide’s pronunciation.
Thoughts Afro?

afrocentricity

Nah, I believe I went in there and you reported me. Not falling for that trap again. You keep getting triggered and being a hypocrite.

Thoughts Afro?
What would I have reported you for? Did you feck up in there? And the only person you thought to blame was me? Can you see the pattern here?

You dislike resetera, PC Gon mad, SJWs and all that shit (you've made that clear). So what? Do you think we need to keep hearing about it? You keep tagging me, do you think I want or need to hear it? At some point the penny has to drop.

I mean why even embellish on posts in a thread that everyone can see? Where are these people that were mocking me? What did I say that was so controversial? What was the trigger for your obsession? Why, years after the fact, do you still tag me and bring me up in these nonsensical rants? Don't you think it's a bit stupid?

How old are you? Don't you have better things to do? Or are you the incel neckbeard with a chip on his shoulder that I've come to associate with your postings?

Anyway, like I said, let's pretend we can no longer see each others posts. Aka dead this... Nobody wants to see this in unrelated threads.

Afro and Bojan - please take the party to PM.
Tell your boy, I have no intention of continuing this ever. The man won't listen...

Hoof the ball

It’s a game based on a fictional future. It’s permissible in its own context. Not all fantasy art must be ideal, utopian and wholly sanitised. There’s stuff in video games that don’t always line up with my own moral or ethical beliefs but when It comes to fictional universes, I accept it because its not meant to mirror factual contemporary culture.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Create/claim there's a problem, offer a solution. Basic marketing and works in politics too.

Not to say there's never actual problems but I'm not really feeling that side of things here.

Bobski

It's an industry at this point. All the Youtube channels devoted to stirring up both sides with their shítty outrage videos where the same points are rambled over for just over 10 minutes to qualify for ad revenue, then they'll ask for Patreon money.
This. Outrage culture is so tiresome.

Art Vandelay

Told you, they smell blood with CDPR and Cyberpunk and this is just the start.

I'm still struggling to wrap my mind around the scope. Not just the size of the map but the verticality. If you can go inside all those buildings it's going to have a ridiculous amount of real estate to explore. There's supposed to be an area outside the city and a vast under city too.