Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm not expecting the gameplay to be amazing, I mean they've never made an FPS before and the Witcher games were only average/good gameplay wise. It's the world, story and RPG elements I know will be incredible.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I'm wondering about all the usual Easter eggs the studio puts in their games. Surely they re gonna put in some sly digs in against things like GoTs ending and Trumpie at minimum. Maybe a mission where you have to collect pee DNA from a bed in a Russian gang owned hotel.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looks great! Nothing groundbreaking in the RPG world but still.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
World looks amazing. Can’t wait.

Nickosaur

As people have said, not sure about MP.

But looking at the 15 min demo above, this looks so fecking brilliant.

Love how differently the playstyles seem. I love the idea of being a neurohacker/stealthy build.

Cloud7

So excited for this. 2019 has been such a crappy year in terms of games.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It has yeah - I've realised that the games I play the most nowadays are ones I have never actually paid for - League of Legends (free) and Abandoned Realms MUD (free).

Both fantastic multi-player games in their own right - both completely free - both can be played on a very basic PC.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They've dialled back the third person view so there will be even less opportunity to see the character you create now. Giving us the ability to create awesome Cyberpunk characters and then barely being able to see them is silly. May as well just have a set protagonist such as Geralt at that point.

DWelbz19

They've dialled back the third person view so there will be even less opportunity to see the character you create now. Giving us the ability to create awesome Cyberpunk characters and then barely being able to see them is silly. May as well just have a set protagonist such as Geralt at that point.
This + Multiplayer (rather than spending all their effort on single player to make it as amazing as possible) are actually two big dampeners for me. I expect a great game, but I'm slowly no longer expecting the great game.

Andersons Dietician

I hate choices in games like play style. Sometimes I like to stealth it, other times I like to just kick in a door kill everything that moves and see how it goes.

@DWelbz19 agreed I have been expecting something spectacular but after seeing that it looks much the same as many other games so my expectations have now been lowered dramatically. Hopefully the story is good.

Ainu

This + Multiplayer (rather than spending all their effort on single player to make it as amazing as possible) are actually two big dampeners for me. I expect a great game, but I'm slowly no longer expecting the great game.
Not sure why you would be concerned about multiplayer taking resources away from single player. They've specifically stated it's coming not just after launch, but after a series of planned, free, single player add-ons. Plus, that tweet even states they're recruiting new people for multiplayer, with as much as 8 positions open if you click on the link. Cyberpunk has been in development for a bazillion years now and clearly all of their resources have been almost exclusively spent on single player. It's definitely not something I'd be concerned about.

Massive Spanner

Meh, TLOU had multiplayer and it didn't affect the game. If the mechanics are there for it then why not.

DWelbz19

As did Red Dead 2. The last two chapters are where that game really drops in quality. Maybe if they scrapped the extremely underwhelming MP, they could've patched that part up.

Maybe I'm just being needlessly pessimistic, I don't know. I've lost most of my interest in Multiplayer games in general, though. Maybe that's why.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Mass Effect 3 had a tacked on horde mode, and it ended up being the primary redeeming factor of the game.

I don’t know if that help or hurts the argument for adding MP though...

Ainu

As did Red Dead 2. The last two chapters are where that game really drops in quality. Maybe if they scrapped the extremely underwhelming MP, they could've patched that part up.

Maybe I'm just being needlessly pessimistic, I don't know. I've lost most of my interest in Multiplayer games in general, though. Maybe that's why.
Yes, definitely. :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has it? I've got so many games pending from previous years. But I thought Control, Remnant and Resident Evil 2 were supposed to be excellent? I guess there's no truly standout game.

amolbhatia50k

Apparently almost all cutscenes will be from FPS POV. While that's immersive in general, not sure how they'll pull off top notch story telling from a FPS POV. Being able to use different camera angles and focus on other characters entirely is a huge part of story telling.

Cloud7

Has it? I've got so many games pending from previous years. But I thought Control, Remnant and Resident Evil 2 were supposed to be excellent? I guess there's no truly standout game.
The only game this year that I’ve gotten has been Kingdom Hearts 3, and even that was overall a massive disappointment for me. Nothing else has really caught my interest.

Compared to last year where we got God of War, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man and Red Dead 2, this year just feels like a huge let down, for me at least.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

I liked those two chapters. A nice change of pace after the intensity of the main story had basically ended.

Massive Spanner

The only game this year that I’ve gotten has been Kingdom Hearts 3, and even that was overall a massive disappointment for me. Nothing else has really caught my interest.

Compared to last year where we got God of War, Dragon Quest XI, Spider-Man and Red Dead 2, this year just feels like a huge let down, for me at least.
I see your 2018 and raise you 2017

Persona 5
Divinity 2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Horizon
Yakuza 0
Nioh
Nier Automita

I mean Jesus CHRIST it was a good year to be single.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Gunplay from this is looking way better than I expected. Wish this could be played in VR, not happening afaik....

AaronRedDevil

I see your 2018 and raise you 2017

Persona 5
Divinity 2
Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey
Horizon
Yakuza 0
Nioh
Nier Automita

I mean Jesus CHRIST it was a good year to be single.
Next year is gonna be even better to be single :lol:. I went full Japanese this year. Yakuza, 0,1,2. Person 5, Nier. Plus I'm getting the yakuza bozset for 3,4,5 in February.

mu4c_20le

Ah well, there's a bunch of big releases coming out in Spring anyways, like the new watch dogs.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Couple of games being delayed this year already with this, Final Fantasy 7 and Marvel's Avengers.

Cyberpunk and Marvel's Avengers have been delayed quite close to the release of the new consoles.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I never expected them to deliver it in April. I don’t expect them to deliver in September either, will be closer to February next year. They delayed Witcher 3 like three times.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I never expected them to deliver it in April. I don’t expect them to deliver in September either, will be closer to February next year. They delayed Witcher 3 like three times.
And it was totally worth it.
As long as they don't delay it as much as the next Half-Life we ll be all right. By September everyone will REALLY want a distraction from the presidential elections anyway.

Siorac

Delayed to September. Fecking knew it would be delayed.
At least I can wait for the new set of GPUs to come out before upgrading my PC. Nvidia is rumoured to be coming out with their 7nm set so that's a positive I guess.

Massive Spanner

At least I can wait for the new set of GPUs to come out before upgrading my PC. Nvidia is rumoured to be coming out with their 7nm set so that's a positive I guess.
I built a new PC in October :(

Wanna buy my GTX 2060 Super off me in August?

Massive Spanner

That's a good strong mid-range card, no reason to regret it.

(Also, I'm pretty sure it's an RTX 2060 ;))
RTX 2060 Super* yeah.

It's great. Haven't hit a game I can't run at max settings on 1440p 144hz yet so I'm sure Cyberpunk will be fine.

Also since when did €450 cards constitute mid fecking range? :lol: The times are changing.

Siorac

RTX 2060 Super* yeah.

It's great. Haven't hit a game I can't run at max settings on 1440p 144hz yet so I'm sure Cyberpunk will be fine.

Also since when did €450 cards constitute mid fecking range? :lol: The times are changing.
You're right, that's more like a budget card.

But seriously, the RTX 2080 Ti goes for around €1200. The 2070S is also, obviously, more expensive.

amolbhatia50k

Good. If they need more time to perfect it, they should take that time.