Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm always worried when this thread is updated that it's because there's another delay.

Stacks

pre ordered yesterday PS4. been waiting 2 years for this since I first heard about it then got more hyped Feb 2019 when I watched the demo. Then it kept getting delayed...............

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can't believe this is actually 6 days away from release. Had completely forgotten it was coming out on the 10th. So excited. Need to finish Death Stranding asap

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The game launches with both graphical and performance modes.

That confirms 60fps for those worrying.

Does it confirm 60fps or could it just mean locked 30 vs a mode that sees dips? On the next gen consoles maybe it can do the quality mode at 30 locked anyway but wondering if this could be carried from One X/Pro

Brocky

I think I am going to wait until the PS5 version is out, so as to experience it in it's full glory. I have managed to not watch any footage since the Keanu reveal and the wait since then has kept the uber-hype at bay - though, I am still excited for it - so I figure I can wait a little while longer. Maybe by release, I will have convinced myself either for or against picking up an LG OLED to service the PS5 and my PC. The burn-in fear is real. :nervous:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Might order it not from Amazon just so I don't get the fecking useless postcards with it

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Looks like 60fps option is there atleast on XSX.

People who have bought next gen console, will you wait for proper next gen version which is coming next year?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

People who have bought next gen console, will you wait for proper next gen version which is coming next year?
No. Graphics wise even PS4/XO games are good enough for me, better performance and graphics on current gen are nice but they don't really do that much for me. I've seen people rave about Spiderman in 60 FPS, I actually prefer it in 30. I guess I'm odd. Sports games are the only ones where I care about hitting 60 FPS, other than that I'm happy with 30 and decent graphics, I don't need more.

I've preordered for PS4 but thinking about it I would probably prefer XO version to play it on XSX instead of PS5. It's much more quiet. Then again controller is better on PS5 so I may as well keep it.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I still enjoy Skyrim but again more for the world rather than the kinda rubbish combat. Fallout I just don't enjoy at all.
I'm with you on that, I still play Skyrim even today, its brilliant.
I downloaded it again a few weeks back and am still enjoying Skyrim. Even a 10 year old Skyrim still beats most, if not all of it's pretenders.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I downloaded it again a few weeks back and am still enjoying Skyrim. Even a 10 year old Skyrim still beats most, if not all of it's pretenders.
Yeah Skyrim is just fantastic - the modding community have really supported it and it still looks incredible even when compared to modern games - apart from the character faces... but the world looks wonderful with the right mods.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

Since there are apparently alternative starting points to the story based on your choices, my plan is to playthrough at least 1 version and come next gen update do the alternatives.

Also my pre-order is now updating on Xbox - 59GB it will take up so far.

SuperiorXI

70GB is impressive considering all the asset duping that goes on in the industry today. COD 500GB :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE the empty streets, I had a feeling they'd cut that right down to optimise the performance... one of the easiest sliders to reduce. It did look amazing in the previews with all the people moping about. If it's true, hopefully they optimise it further on the day one patch so it can be a bit more "busy".

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah Skyrim is just fantastic - the modding community have really supported it and it still looks incredible even when compared to modern games - apart from the character faces... but the world looks wonderful with the right mods.
I'm sure, I still only play it on the PS4 Special Edition and I still love it and wish Bethesda would sort Starfield out and crack on with ES6. Anyway, not to derail this thread :)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought the whole point of a PS5 was that you could do that sort of thing now. I guess it's still the PS4 version but still.

SuperiorXI

Thought the whole point of a PS5 was that you could do that sort of thing now. I guess it's still the PS4 version but still.
My thinking is with the delays they poured all their resources into optimising the game so it runs on last gen, this unfortunately means stripping some of the cool features out like bustling cities.

Once it all works to a reasonable degree, I think they'll then start releasing updates that make the most out of current gen. There's a big leap for sure and lots of sliders to play with.

Balljy

The PC is going to get the "next gen" version with ray tracing and everything turned on from day one, so that can be used to compare and see if there are more people (or the option for more people) at the cost of fps on the PC version. The next gen patch is to get the PC version working on the next gen consoles so it will be a good indicator of what it will look like.

From what I've seen there aren't going to be a huge amount of people or cars on the streets, but I'm hoping there's options for it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
It’s just the epitome of freedom in a game. You can replay it a hundred times and always do something slightly different. Ever since it released I’ve been looking for that similar feeling in a game and trying to figure out why I haven’t found it anywhere else. I’m hoping that Cyberpunk can provide a similar feeling and replay ability.

SuperiorXI

I'm playing that right now to bridge the gap to Cyberpunk, it's really one of the best games to ever be developed. To be still relevant today is impressive.

Kaos

They say they're playing on a PS5 but isn't this essentially the PS4 version at this point? That was always going to be a highly compromised version.
Yep, its still essentially the PS4 version.

CDPR have said those that buy the PS4/Xbone versions will be eligible for a free upgrade to the next-gen versions when they release them.

b82REZ

They say they're playing on a PS5 but isn't this essentially the PS4 version at this point? That was always going to be a highly compromised version.
What's confusing me is the pictures I've seen of the Ps4 case, it has a sticker saying it gets next gen enhancements on PS5. So does that mean day one patch upgrades, or is that a statement because it will come eventually.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Given how good Death Stranding looks (which I'm currently playing), more than happy to play my most awaited game in ages, on my original PS4. Don't see an issue with framerate either, most games this generation run at 30 fps.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What's confusing me is the pictures I've seen of the Ps4 case, it has a sticker saying it gets next gen enhancements on PS5. So does that mean day one patch upgrades, or is that a statement because it will come eventually.
The PS5 patch isn't out yet so there's no way it'll run better on the PS5 YET. You're playing the PS4 version with no differences, just maybe more stable/faster.

Hopefully with the true next gen patch they can do something extra, but I think the hype is so high with this game people are naturally going to be disappointed whatever happens.

Smores

Have we got any rumours or leaks or any news at all about when the PS5 version is out?

Can't be that long behind can it?

b82REZ

I'd say 2022, or late 2021.
Not a chance it's that late. Id be shocked if it isn't released in Q1. The delays have been caused by getting it to run adequately on previous gen consoles. Updating the PS5 version to closer to the PC version won't take too much work.