Gaming Cyberpunk 2077 (PC, PS4/5, Xbox One)

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Dang, ordered off cdkeys and they aren't sending the activation code til release day - so much for a preload :(
It's alright mate on Xbox you can download a game even if you down own it, which is great for situations like this or people who are getting the disk

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'll probably download this from the PSstore, if the reviews are consistently positive. Was thinking of getting it on CD but I've noticed that my CD games make my PS4 sound like its about to take-off.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don't actually know if it works but I've seen a fair few people suggest it. I don't know if the PlayStation just believes you when you tell it the region or the wifi gives the game away but hey, it's worth a try. The worst thing that can happen is that it doesn't work and you have to wait.
Yeh fair point. Seems worth a shot.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Someone on Reddit mentioned that sometimes games run better with a disc. Is that correct?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Someone on Reddit mentioned that sometimes games run better with a disc. Is that correct?
I guess there's a the ability to ignore a patch and sometimes that can result it being more future proofed for back compat play. Like God of War on PS4 which pre-patch was dynamic Res/frames, so the PS5 can push it to 4k60 but post patch they locked performance for a better experience on the Pro, and means PS5 isn't able to push past the 4k30 or 1440p60 barrier (can't remember exact numbers)

Otherwise not sure why it would run better on a disc

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Surely not? I’ve played digital games mainly over the last 5 years and have never had any issues.
I don’t think it would be anything noticeable in that sense. They mentioned crushed blacks and a few other things. They could of course be chatting pyar shit

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Dang, ordered off cdkeys and they aren't sending the activation code til release day - so much for a preload :(
Best thing to do it buy PSN cards on CD Keys and then buy the game on the PS store using that. I get games £10 cheaper every time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I don’t think it would be anything noticeable in that sense. They mentioned crushed blacks and a few other things. They could of course be chatting pyar shit
Tbh I don’t even know what that means so maybe they are right, I doubt it means much to my eyes haha.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Best thing to do it buy PSN cards on CD Keys and then buy the game on the PS store using that. I get games £10 cheaper every time.
Mine is on PC, not PS. So I guess cdkeys only get the codes after the game is out or something. Ah well, I'll just stick it on download while I'm working.

Bosws87

My Shopto copy was dispatched today, for some reason its on 48hour tracking rather then the usual first class, not sure if i chose that by accident! :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Caved and got this to play over Christmas. Looking forward to getting stuck into a different type of RPG.

Kaos

Had to cancel my SimplyGames preorder after they tweeted they were dispatching them on Wednesday. Shame, they were usually a safe bet for early deliveries.

Oh well, GOG it is. At least I can preload it now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My Shopto copy was dispatched today, for some reason its on 48hour tracking rather then the usual first class, not sure if i chose that by accident! :lol:
Mine reached warehouse yesterday. Hopefully it’s dispatched ASAP

b82REZ

Had to cancel my SimplyGames preorder after they tweeted they were dispatching them on Wednesday. Shame, they were usually a safe bet for early deliveries.

Oh well, GOG it is. At least I can preload it now.
Didn't simply games go to shit a few years a go? I'll always love them for delivering Uncharted 3 about a fortnight before release date. I sold it on for more than I paid for it.

A lot of retailers that used to break store embargoes got their wrists slapped a few years a go. They don't risk it now.

Drainy

Will be waiting for a sale down the line on this one.

I expect it to get cheaper quick and will be a few patches before it's really ready.

Got a switch backlog to get through over Christmas which also helps kill my inner desire to play day one :lol:

MuFc_1992

So, does the day 1 patch mean you'll have to download 43 gigs after release date to play it? That is really annoying because they could've made pre loaded game come with the patch unless they are frantically trying to finish the patch in the last couple of days.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This game is going to be patched to high heaven in the coming months.

Shark

@NotShark
So, does the day 1 patch mean you'll have to download 43 gigs after release date to play it? That is really annoying because they could've made pre loaded game come with the patch unless they are frantically trying to finish the patch in the last couple of days.
Yeah unfortunately. In fairness though it's usually how day one patches work. Shouldn't be too long a wait and it's all for the better anyway.

Coxy

have you pre-ordered the game? Because if so if your console is set to instant on won't it download the update at midnight?

Kaos

Didn't simply games go to shit a few years a go? I'll always love them for delivering Uncharted 3 about a fortnight before release date. I sold it on for more than I paid for it.

A lot of retailers that used to break store embargoes got their wrists slapped a few years a go. They don't risk it now.
No idea. I wasn't fussed about getting it early tbh (wouldn't have made a difference since I'm getting it on PC), I just wanted it on release and picked them because they were cheaper. Had to cancel because I couldn't risk not getting it on Thursday since I've taken the day off to play this. I was hoping I could get it earlier to preload it in time for thursday on account of my ghetto internet.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
can anyone explain what is going on in resetera in realtion to this game. I cannot keep up but seems like a CDPR employee who was on the site promoting the game turned out to be bad news and site went into meltdown

hobbers

can anyone explain what is going on in resetera in realtion to this game. I cannot keep up but seems like a CDPR employee who was on the site promoting the game turned out to be bad news and site went into meltdown
They're in perpetual meltdown over it because they cant understand why a dystopian cyberpunk game should be stylistically and thematically dystopian and cyberpunk.

Siorac

They're in perpetual meltdown over it because they cant understand why a dystopian cyberpunk game should be stylistically and thematically dystopian and cyberpunk.
'Lads, it's Resetera.'

Massive Spanner

Supposedly the embargo lifts today around 5pm, though there's nothing official. That is what Opencritic said though.

it would be almost funny at this stage if it turned out to be another Mass Effect Andromeda and got fecking slaughtered.

b82REZ

Supposedly the embargo lifts today around 5pm, though there's nothing official. That is what Opencritic said though.

it would be almost funny at this stage if it turned out to be another Mass Effect Andromeda and got fecking slaughtered.
As gutted as I'd be, it would be hilarious.

I don't remember this amount of hype for a game ever though. Closest I can think is GTA 5 but Cyberpunk seems to have broken the internet with the levels of hype it's generating.

Irwin99

Please be good! All my other pre-orders this year have been disappointing in different ways. This can save 2020 :D

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Well I'd imagine the CDPR employee was given a warm welcome seeing this thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cd...-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/

has been stickied to the top of their gaming forum for months now. I'm going to bet the guy wasn't bad news at all and had to deal with a lot of toxic twats dogpiling on him.

Edit: I looked into it and it seems the Moderators didn't vet someone very well and verified someone claiming to be a CDPR employee which wasn't the case at all.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

As gutted as I'd be, it would be hilarious.

I don't remember this amount of hype for a game ever though. Closest I can think is GTA 5 but Cyberpunk seems to have broken the internet with the levels of hype it's generating.
Red Dead 2 maybe? Even then, not to this level.

but yeah, it's crazy. I know loads of people who never even played The Witcher 3 who are mad for this. Especially since they added Keanu Reeves to it!

b82REZ

Red Dead 2 maybe? Even then, not to this level.

but yeah, it's crazy. I know loads of people who never even played The Witcher 3 who are mad for this. Especially since they added Keanu Reeves to it!
My brother isn't a huge gamer and he's more excited than me for this game, he didn't play Witcher either.