D. McDonnell - the Mirror: Jose will be sacked this weekend | BBC: Jose still has board backing

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombombadil

This is the tweet the disgusting newspaper has come up with at end of match. I haven't bothered clicking but it will be awesome if this shite rag is banned from OT.
This is what he means when he says the wickedness. There is a lot of wickedness in something that should be beautiful.

And the sad fact is that there are many people who would love to pick this up and run with it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This is what he means when he says the wickedness. There is a lot of wickedness in something that should be beautiful.

And the sad fact is that there are many people who would love to pick this up and run with it.
Have you read the responses on Twitter to it? Let’s just say they weren’t particularly positive...

SER19

The mirror is trash. And I don’t know how these guys aren’t accountable to anybody he’s come out and printed something that has ramifications outside the game and shown zero respect to somebody he depends on for cooperation and interviews. Scum of the earth are these types of journalists

SirAF

Ageist
The mirror is trash. And I don’t know how these guys aren’t accountable to anybody he’s come out and printed something that has ramifications outside the game and shown zero respect to somebody he depends on for cooperation and interviews. Scum of the earth are these types of journalists
And people are complaining about the journalist getting his press pass for the match revoked yesterday.

POF

LVG sums it up perfectly. What's even more shocking is 3 years down and we haven't changed one bit. Rotten to the core.
I wasn't a fan of Moyes or LVG but the way both were sacked was incredibly classless and left a bitter taste in the mouth. Both managers were incredibly bullish right before they were sacked which shows they were given assurances by the club which proved to be completely worthless.

The way the Jose story broke reeks of deja vu. It seems it may not be imminent now but whether Jose has had assurances or the club has imformed the BBC that nothing will happen, you would have to question what that is worth.

Apparently United have withdrawn McDonnell's pitch side pass at OT for his article. Another OG by Ed, taking it out on a journalist who didn't do anything unethical to source the information.
I have no issues with that. The article was extremely damaging for the club. If the story isn't true he deserves everything he gets. It's about time the club started to support the manager against the media treatment. Even if Jose does get sacked, the media needs to know that their one eyed coverage of the club won't be tolerated.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ronald McDonald has 24 hours to deliver or he'll end up in the utter prick tier with the likes of Ballbag, Custis, Palmieri etc.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Journalists bullshit all the time and report something as fact which turns out to never happen. I can't remember one actually losing all credibility and essentially being blackballed because of it. That's why journalism must be a doddle. You can tell incredibly destructive lies with practically zero repercussion.

They've revoked his press pass as a result, but if the club really wanted to take action, they'd sue the feck out of him. Journalists have way too much freedom to print unconfirmed nonsense and pass it off as fact, especially when transfer windows are open.

IAmAWinner

I have a feeling he is a fraud. Can't see Jose getting sacked before the Chelsea game.

crossy1686

career ending

That's a disgraceful article. Worst part is, there's a whole bunch of our fans who also see it that way as well...

BigRon1985

If the club are going to pull the trigger then it will be tonight after the the dust has settled from yesterday’s match. Watch this space!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marcelinho87

Well he has got Moyes and LVG right and Neville said they don't come out with stuff like this unless there is something in it.

I believe McDonnell came out with this with honest intentions, don't think he was stirring.

I genuinely think the club had plans to sack him.

Canagel

Maybe things changed? Maybe the club had plans to sack him when the article was written but they changed their mind? I think the comeback plus the rant of Neville has put them off sacking Jose for now.

SirAF

Ageist
Maybe things changed? Maybe the club had plans to sack him when the article was written but they changed their mind? I think the comeback plus the rant of Neville has put them off sacking Jose for now.
Could be. However, if that’s the case, is it not scary that the club can change their mind based on a rant by a pundit/former player? I mean, I agree with Neville 100% but wow!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
The story was "sacked regardless of the Newcastle game". Also, there's no way Man United would be so changeable in a decision so huge and costly.

In short, it looks like a typical load of Mirror bollocks. We'll see in a few hours I guess.

Crashoutcassius

Theres a massove divide between journalist's and fans right now. Every journalist on twitter is ganging up and posting the same 'moourinho saying very strange things he is imagining things now lol'. We as fans can clearly see that the tone and agenda of their constant untrue articles, the sacking being the peak, is unacceptable. Wish we could do sonething to make these idiots change.

Crashoutcassius

The story was "sacked regardless of the Newcastle game". Also, there's no way Man United would be so changeable in a decision so huge and costly.

In short, it looks like a typical load of Mirror bollocks. We'll see in a few hours I guess.
Its amazing that people seem some convoluted turn aground more likely than a journoa just making a story up for clicks

el3mel

No he said he would be sacked regardless of Newcastle game.

The guy is simply a fraud. It's Mirror after all anyway.

AndyJ1985

Stop calling people a fraud ffs. He has a source and he ran a story based on information he was given. That's his job.

Oldyella

Theres a massove divide between journalist's and fans right now. Every journalist on twitter is ganging up and posting the same 'moourinho saying very strange things he is imagining things now lol'. We as fans can clearly see that the tone and agenda of their constant untrue articles, the sacking being the peak, is unacceptable. Wish we could do sonething to make these idiots change.
Revoking a press pass isn't a bad start. I am no Jose fan but the press vultures could do with a slapping every now and again.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I thought it would be nonsense. They have a story today saying the cost of sacking Mourinho now would be £29m. Maybe someone at the Mirror should have put 2 and 2 together.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The problem is, they've been like yappy little dogs whose owners have just sat back and allowed them to make a racket. The fans have lapped up their shit for months now, giving them free reign to print what they want. The worse the better for some United fans that don't like Jose.

If people react to them now then it might dim their enthusiasm for sticking the knife into United.

Vadim

I don’t think some of you understand how journalism works.

David McDonnel has a source within the club. The source informed him on Friday that Jose is going to be sacked regardless of yesterday’s result.

This could still happen. But if it doesn’t, it doesn’t make the journalist ‘a fraud’. He’s simply reported a story given to him by a trusted source, like he did when reporting Moyes and LVG were to be sacked - which he got right.

Everything isn’t as black and white as some here like to believe.

redhoop

We don't know what source he had - all stories of this sort are going to be based on insiders going public and so you can't tell if a journalist has been briefed or has made it up. This is the cost of having a free press. I reckon most of us can make up our own minds based on what we see on the pitch. The press go where the big stories are - and our current malaise is bound to be a big story. We need to rewrite the headlines on the pitch if the narrative is going to change.

Jironasaurus

Just wanna add, for those who say he has a source. Maybe he doesn't really have one?

Mainoldo

Carrick looked like a man ready to take over yesterday. It suited him.

el3mel

I don’t think some of you understand how journalism works.

David McDonnel has a source within the club. The source informed him on Friday that Jose is going to be sacked regardless of yesterday’s result.

This could still happen. But if it doesn’t, it doesn’t make the journalist ‘a fraud’. He’s simply reported a story given to him by a trusted source, like he did when reporting Moyes and LVG were to be sacked - which he got right.

Everything isn’t as black and white as some here like to believe.
1) who said it's a trusted source ?
2) why don't he try to check for it by himself before hurrying to write an exclusive ? No one reported it by him
3) why make it so conformed that he will be sacked regardless of the result ? Could have covered hinself by saying he will be sacked if we don't win.
4) why even defending a Mirror journalist who writes rubbish about us ?

buchansleftleg

I think we are in the middle of negotiations around his exit.

To me the most interesting answer Jose gave was when he was asked if the club is backing him. He answered that it was the club that offered him a contract until 2020, he didn't put a gun to their heads.

That sounds to me like someone negotiating a settlement rather than someone looking for backing. I predict we probably offered to pay him out to the end of this season but he is holding out for more.

So in some ways I think the decision has already been made, the journalist just jumped the gun on the timing.

To me the most interesting answer Jose gave was when he was asked if the club is backing him. He answered that it was the club that offered him a contract until 2020, he didn't put a gun to their heads.

That sounds to me like someone negotiating a settlement rather than someone looking for backing. I predict we probably offered to pay him out to the end of this season but he is holding out for more.

So in some ways I think the decision has already been made, the journalist just jumped the gun on the timing.
Yeah I think so too

68Guns

All this is bollox. Who is this "source" If they are real they should be hung, drawn and quartered for stirring all this shit up. They obviously can't be trusted and should be sacked immediately.
Also what if there is no "source" and Jose stays? it's all a load of cobblers to sell papers and draw attention to the Mirror. I'd use it to wipe my arse that's all it's fit for.
The only thing that is correct in the Mirror is the date on the front page.

dove

Jose said that Ed sent a text in the morning saying don't worry about the newspapers. Surely if he was negotiating then he would know it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.