Daley Blind - Deal Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCross

I have said it a few times now it might be a case of we have been waiting to offload a few of our other players too.

Seemingly as soon as we have had genuine interest and bids for Cleverley etc we have moved for Blind.
Possibly. Makes the start to the season a bit harder though. Long term project.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is a transfer muppets nightmare. When you look at the money being spent it feels like we could get equal quality from one of the PL clubs for like 4-5m euro. Ridiculous buy.
You cannot get a leg of an injured player from PL for £4m. It is absolutely crazy to suggest we could get better value in England than abroad.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Will be interesting to see where LvG plays him, finding a permanent position every wek or more a utility man, looked decent from everytime I've seen him but can't help but notice just how sloooow he is, on a slightly odd note hes also gorgeous, along with RvP in our squad :drool::drool::drool:

Hoof the ball

To be fair to Scholes he's not alone there in not knowing a great deal about Blind. I think the guys on the Sunday supplement called him Danny and I think spoke about him as if he's a centre half and a left back.
Yes but you're not a pundit or writing for a newspaper. Let's face it, it takes half an hour to research some statistics and get an accurate profile on most recent playing position and form.

For both Scholes and the Sunday Supplement guys, it's lazy.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
This is a transfer muppets nightmare. When you look at the money being spent it feels like we could get equal quality from one of the PL clubs for like 4-5m euro. Ridiculous buy.
Is this a serious post? I honestly can't tell :D Milner a similar sort of utility, slash midfielder cost City 24mill...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So who was that guy who told me it was a shocking thing to say when I said scholes and Neville and the like probably know feck all about him, as evidenced by not knowing what position he plays? Takes like 5 minutes of research to see he's a defensive midfielder but started out as a left back, making his name as a defensive midfielder though.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Scholes spent most of his punditry duty on Saturday complainig that we weren't playing it wide enough. I don't give his opinions a huge amount of credence.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
Never really focused on him at the World Cup and only saw a few highlight videos, but you get the impression this could be our best bit of business this summer, in terms of price and impact of just what we need - A player who is good at breaking things up/has a good engine and good eye for a pass and versatile.

Reminds me of Owen Hargreaves so much, not just looks.

Hoof the ball

So who was that guy who told me it was a shocking thing to say when I said scholes and Neville and the like probably know feck all about him, as evidenced by not knowing what position he plays? Takes like 5 minutes of research to see his a defensive midfielder but started out as a left back, making his name Asa defensive midfielder though.
And you'd be right. I'm no respecter of reputations when it comes to punditry and the like. World class player or not, your reputation is earned by the work you put into your articles and such. Scholes has thus far proven to be a world class player but a below average contributor of articles.

If information isn't objective and factual then it deserves pointing out, Scholes, Neville or some random kid on Redcafe.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Scholes spent most of his punditry duty on Saturday complainig that we weren't playing it wide enough. I don't give his opinions a huge amount of credence.
But we aren't playing with enough width. Weve 4 attackers all in central areas. We saw how easy it was to defend against yesterday, Burnley had a back 4 all within touching distance of eachother. We need to start stretching teams across the pitch to create openings, either through wingers or more adventurous wing backs.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
To be fair Scholes, Neville and the rest of the class of 92 have played under one manager and largely one system their entire lifes, which impact the way they think about football and what they put emphasis on when judging players/giving opinions.

NoWinNoFee

kietotheworld mk2
If you read one article of Paul Scholes, you think 'yeah he has a point' but if you read them all, you realise he says one thing one week and another thing the next.

Before the summer he was saying United didn't need too many new players, 4 weeks later he was saying we need 5 proven top performers to get back to the top.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
To be fair Scholes, Neville and the rest of the class of 92 have played under one manager and largely one system their entire lifes, which impact the way they think about football and what they put emphasis on when judging players/giving opinions.
That's bollocks really. Just because they played under Fergie you think they know less than me, you or some journalists about different tactics and systems etc. It's exactly the opposite.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
That's bollocks really. Just because they played under Fergie you think they know less than me, you or some journalists about different tactics and systems etc. It's exactly the opposite.
I'm sure they know a lot, they're just so much more entrenched in their views.

For instance Neville can't seem to agree with anyone who suggests United would be better of switching the emphasis on our play more centrally.

NinjaFletch

He was actually right though.

We did play very narrow which meant that they massed players centrally. Even just going wide to stretch them before cutting it back in rather than crossing the ball would have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.