Daley Blind - Deal Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

Good utility player but not sure if he is good enough to play week in week out as a defender or midfielder, even once he is signed we need another cm and cb

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This is totally a signing where the fee is dictating how people feel about it in my opinion... if we were picking him up for £5mil, a lot more people would be over the moon.

For what it's worth, I think it's a grand signing and he'll instantly improve our squad

Varun

Staff
Underwhelming signing if this happens.
How's it underwhelming? He's instantly better than anyone we have for the role. Versatile and hasnt cost a bomb. Unless you expected us to get a Martinez out of the blue, its a very good signing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Never really focused on him at the World Cup and only saw a few highlight videos, but you get the impression this could be our best bit of business this summer, in terms of price and impact of just what we need - A player who is good at breaking things up/has a good engine and good eye for a pass and versatile.

Reminds me of Owen Hargreaves so much, not just looks.
I'm not sure he has the pace of Hargreaves, who did play on the wings when necessary. Definitely seems as confident on the ball, with an eye for a pass with a great workrate and defensive intelligence.

Varun

Staff
This is totally a signing where the fee is dictating how people feel about it in my opinion... if we were picking him up for £5mil, a lot more people would be over the moon.

For what it's worth, I think it's a grand signing and he'll instantly improve our squad
He improves our 1st 11, considerably too. People just love a moan.

Mali_Zeus

How's it underwhelming? He's instantly better than anyone we have for the role. Versatile and hasnt cost a bomb. Unless you expected us to get a Martinez out of the blue, its a very good signing.
Underwhelming cause him and people like him want a big name..

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wow - no Blind and Ajax lose to Groningen. Perhaps he's underestimated by some on here?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Of all our signings this summer the Blind fee is probably the one where we're NOT paying a lot over the odds FFS!

A player who can play in three positions where we need a signing and also excels in the most precarious one to the point of coming from a POTY season in Holland, for a big club like Ajax. £13 million? Fair enough I think. This is not 2002.

Rojo for £16 million or Di Maria for £59 or Shaw for £27 or what it was could be recently argued to be overpriced. This I think not.

izec

What's the delay on this one by the way? I thought it was near completion yesterday?
apparently he has done his medical, he is in Manchester too. Dont know why they dont announce it, but surely just a matter of time. In the evening or tomorrow at the latest.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
What's the delay on this one by the way? I thought it was near completion yesterday?
It's done, just stuff like the medical and contracts to sign before we announce him as a United player. No real rush given we don't play for a while.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
So who was that guy who told me it was a shocking thing to say when I said scholes and Neville and the like probably know feck all about him, as evidenced by not knowing what position he plays? Takes like 5 minutes of research to see he's a defensive midfielder but started out as a left back, making his name as a defensive midfielder though.
The class of 92 really seem to be a clueless bunch when it comes to talking about tactics or positions. At this rate I would say Becks is the least annoying (and even he talks some proper shite, as much as I love him) :lol:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Of all our signings this summer the Blind fee is probably the one where we're NOT paying a lot over the odds FFS!

A player who can play in three positions where we need a signing and also excels in the most precarious one to the point of coming from a POTY season in Holland, for a big club like Ajax. £13 million? Fair enough I think. This is not 2002.

Rojo for £16 million or Di Maria for £59 or Shaw for £27 or what it was could be recently argued to be overpriced. This I think not.
Aye, I think the Blind fee is perfectly fine.

Though weirdly, I'm not half as arsed how much we buy players for then I am for how much we sell them for...

Last edited:

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Wow - no Blind and Ajax lose to Groningen. Perhaps he's underestimated by some on here?
They lose one game, doesn't really mean anything. They'll have his replacement in their youth academy somewhere.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Also, why would anyone be against this? Last time we bought the son of a Dutch legend it went fantastically well...

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm sure they know a lot, they're just so much more entrenched in their views.

For instance Neville can't seem to agree with anyone who suggests United would be better of switching the emphasis on our play more centrally.
It's just his opinion though and I think his reasons are very valid. His doubt about Mata, for example, are looking entirely justified right now.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
It's just his opinion though and I think his reasons are very valid. His doubt about Mata, for example, are looking entirely justified right now.
Yep, a lot of those meanings are valid. But some won't be, and he'll hold onto them because of his background and experience of doing things.

Scholes, for instance, looks to be viewing every change to the formation or style of play as something alien and inferior.

Johan77

Blind on Instagram:
Wil iedereen ontzettend bedanken voor de prachtjaren die ik vanaf mijn 7e tot mijn 24e heb gehad! Supporters Teamgenoten Staf Bedankt! Ajax blijft mijn club

Do it in some kind of translate program :)

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Blind on Instagram:
Wil iedereen ontzettend bedanken voor de prachtjaren die ik vanaf mijn 7e tot mijn 24e heb gehad! Supporters Teamgenoten Staf Bedankt! Ajax blijft mijn club

Do it in some kind of translate program :)
Want to thank everyone so much for the splendid years that I've had since I was 7 until I was 24 Supporters Teammates Staff Thanks! Ajax is my club

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No he wasn't, Carrick at 24 was a sideways passer. Playmaker? He didnt create for West Ham or Spurs. He just moved the ball around the pitch and at Spurs he learnt to be good with his defensive responsibility, improving his tackling and intercepting.

And of course you have no clue about him from the world cup where he played left wingback. What do you think you'd learn about Michael Carrick playing as a right back? Absolutely nothing.
Carrick's more of a Alonso at Spurs, which is not what I see Blind capable of. Like some also mentioned, Blind is more Hargreaves.

At WC, Blind played as a CM/DM in some games, although not starting as that. I watched all the Netherlands games, and I thought that there wasn't a single player in their defence and central/defensive midfield that impressed me individually to have him at United. That's including Blind.

But I also aware that he's Eredivisie player of the year, and other than youtube compilations, I haven't watched him in Ajax shirt. Also WC isn't a definitive way to judge player.

Herman Van Rompuy

Bears False Witness
Gary Neville is very "English" in his approach to football but Neville does seem more open to Van Gaal's ideas. Scholes is becoming irritating rather quickly. Let's not forget how poor we were when Giggs was interim manager and Scholes was part of Giggs' advisory team. The problem is not with the manager introducing a new philosophy; the problem is with the lack of cohesion in the squad and the lack of quality in some areas. This summer has gone a long way to addressing those deficiencies but we're only 3 games into the season for goodness sake. Give Van Gaal a few months on the training pitch with the players to sort it out. Nobody can come in and do a better job of resurrecting United, anyway.

It seems like Scholes has less patience than the fans and that makes for one annoying pundit.

Kakeru

We never do that on weekends, stock exchange and shit...
Does stock exchange even work on Labour Day? This is a moot point if any. Either way, it is stupid to wait for the week to make a signing public; the club should have no issue in stealing the spotlight like an asshole.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

For that Price he seems to be a good Addition. Didn`t Overmars state some days ago that any interested Clubs would have to pay big Money for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.