Daley Blind to Ajax| Deal to be done at 16m euros plus 5m in bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would be a good move for him, decent club in a slower paced league where his brain will shine more.

He was a good servant to the club and isn't really playing, wish him well if it happens.

kidbob

Good footballer but not what we need. Wish him all the best but we need space for Tuanzebe and TFM.

Devil may care

He'll go either now or in the summer, I guess if he wants to go to Roma and they are willing to pay a decent fee then we might as well get it done.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Been phased out by Jose with Rojo and Lindelof taking the CB backup positions and Shaw and Young taking left back.

He’s still young enough to make his mark elsewhere, he’s a talented player.

Ibi Dreams

Still think he's a useful player for us to have, but I would understand if he wanted to go to play more football. He'd do a good job there

freeurmind

weak willed
You just know Roma will play him in his proper position and he will have success there.

R'hllor

If he goes, good luck to him, he deserves it due being football player and not a bus driver.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Good riddance. Take Darmian with you and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'll be sad to see him go. The summer he was bought (alongside Herrera, di María, Shaw, Rojo, Falcao) he was the player I was least excited about but he's become a favourite of mine. Awesome player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You just know Roma will play him in his proper position and he will have success there.
Which is? He isn't great as a LB, CDM he got completely lost when Jose tried him there? he's been at his best as a CB.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Like him. One of the rare of LVG buys that I do. He is a good footballer, just don't think he is cut for the very top teams. If it goes through and I think it might because he is obviously struggling for game time, wish him luck.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Another LVG pick out the door, who's left? Rojo, Shaw and Herrera?

(Edit): Romero.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I like Blind a lot. Will be sad to see him go. On the other hand, he's not going to be a starter here for the foreseeable future, and I think he would be great at Roma. Good luck to him if he leaves.

Nick7

I would have hoped he'd be replaced by someone. But with Tuanzebe out on loan, who would it be.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Been phased out by Jose with Rojo and Lindelof taking the CB backup positions and Shaw and Young taking left back.

He’s still young enough to make his mark elsewhere, he’s a talented player.
Funny part is, he neither started as one of those players, nor should have played in one of those positions.

Canagel

He's a very classy player but the PL isn't for him. He showed good form at CB with Van Gaal but to survive in this league as a CB you need pace and height and this guy has neither. That's it.

freeurmind

weak willed
Which is? He isn't great as a LB, CDM he got completely lost when Jose tried him there? he's been at his best as a CB.
How many games has he played as CM? Certainly hasn't played there this season. I know he's said he would play centre-back but I think that's because he knows he's never going to get the opportunity in midfield.

beedoubleyou

Always liked him and has great hair, but I don't really remember him playing football in a United shirt since LVG. Not quite developed into the Carrick replacement I thought he might... Probably because that was always a totally stupid expectation.

Such good hair though

Cliche Guevara

He’s a good player and I’m surprised he didn’t show more at United. He’s clearly not part of our future, however, and it’s the right time for him to move on.

Havak

Pokemon master
Would prefer it to be in the Summer once Shaw has (hopefully) proved his fitness and remained available for the rest of the season, and we have both Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah back from their loan spells. We'll probably not miss him much if he does go tomorrow, though. Just that if we got a couple of injuries we're down to Young/Darmian/Rojo/Lindelof as full backs. I still think Blind is our third best left back, he's better in that position than Darmian & Rojo.

Denis79

PL isn't for him, lacking in both pace and power Good move for both clubs. Wish him good luck.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another LVG pick out the door, who's left? Rojo, Shaw and Herrera?

(Edit): Romero.
Martial. Herrera and Shaw were all done by Moyes by all accounts. Just got the okay from LVG.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Needs replacing if he goes.
I think we'll be alright. 5 centre backs, don't need him there. Shaw and Young for left back spot, don't need him there. Best case is for midfield, but would prefer to see McTominey as the fifth midfielder. Though I wouldn't be averse to buying a midfielder now, just no chance we can get a top signing in time.

This may be the best chance to get a decent fee for him. Any figures mentioned?

Scholsey2004

Good player but we just don't need him any more. We've got tons of centre backs and shaw and young are ahead of him at left back.

Scholsey2004

I think we'll be alright. 5 centre backs, don't need him there. Shaw and Young for left back spot, don't need him there. Best case is for midfield, but would prefer to see McTominey as the fifth midfielder. Though I wouldn't be averse to buying a midfielder now, just no chance we can get a top signing in time.

This may be the best chance to get a decent fee for him. Any figures mentioned?
We got him for only 13m so we'll certainly make our money back no problem.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
A pity, but with Young and Shaw coming good, and Darmian covering for the ultradefensive fullback, Blind seems not needed. We also have 5 centerbacks, so he'll hardly be useful there…

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
He came to United as a CDM. Should have stayed as one. Instead we shoehorned him into CB, LB, LWB and what not.
He was so good in the position we were dropped from the League Cup with him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.