Daley Blind to Ajax| Deal to be done at 16m euros plus 5m in bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Hope not true. And certainly not for less than 30mil. Player who can play 3 positions. Has good technique, good positioning, decision making.
For me our third best central defender. But if jose thinks different than...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's a good footballer but doesn't fit Mourinho. Plenty of good teams where he would do well.

Full bodied red

He was / is OK....But OK just isn't good enough if we want to get back to the top of the tree.

Not too many complaints from me if he goes or if he stays.

CM

The Lindelof signing rendered him pretty useless which is a shame as he's actually better than him for the supposed qualities he brings to the team.

pablotatt

Some of you lot need to give your heads a wobble....really useful? He never fecking plays

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If Blind goes to Roma are there any Dutch players left who play for truly perennial top clubs? Seems not that long ago 80% of their national team played for the likes of us, Barça, Real, Juve etc. And yes I'm purposely not mentioning VVD. I said perennial top clubs.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Ah yeah, Martial and Darmian.

Fair to say only Martial's been a proper success?
Herrera and Rojo had very good to excellent spells and hopefully Shaw can turn it around, but yeah, in terms of proper success so far, I would also say only Martial.

Over £250 million, 13 players.

Joseunited

Another average player that's should have been shown the door along time ago, not even good enough as a "squad" player.More players of Sanchez quality and a lot less of the Blind's of this world if we ever want to win leagues/Champions Leagues.

Zoo

Don’t see why we would do this now particularly on the back of loaning out Axel. It’s not like he has an upcoming World Cup to worry about, he can leave in the summer.

Spirit of Solskjaer

It's good business as he's clearly not going to play with us unless we're hit with an injury crisis. It's just that it is too late for us to get a replacement in.

Scholsey2004

Herrera and Rojo had very good to excellent spells and hopefully Shaw can turn it around, but yeah, in terms of proper success so far, I would also say only Martial.

Over £250 million, 13 players.
You could argue with martial that in retrospect if we'd known rashford was going to break through so soon after then we wouldn't have bought him for big money. As a summary the most successful signing mentioned was in a position where we almost immediately brought through a player of similar ability.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He came to United as a CDM. Should have stayed as one. Instead we shoehorned him into CB, LB, LWB and what not.
Nonsense, he played for three seasons at left back for Ajax and won POTY for them playing there. When Van Gaal signed him he noted his versatility. He was never shoehorned anywhere.

settembrini

Good player but it's hard to make a case for him staying considering our surplus of defenders.

Would rather it was Darmian though.

Minimalist

Some of you wouldn't know a good player if you seen one.

Good riddance? Go fall on a spike.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Ah yeah, Martial and Darmian.

Fair to say only Martial's been a proper success?
I'd say so, he's on the way to be a success. And potentially Shaw as well .

ijc

It's a shame, I like him as a player. Very intelligent, good passing ability - thought he was going to be the heir to Michael Carrick when he first came but that all went through the window when we started playing him LB, CB. Albeit, he had his best season as CB next to Smalling in LVG's last season.

I think he will thrive at Roma and Serie A in general where pace and physicality are not really paramount. He's a top player, just not for the PL.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You could argue with martial that in retrospect if we'd known rashford was going to break through so soon after then we wouldn't have bought him for big money. As a summary the most successful signing mentioned was in a position where we almost immediately brought through a player of similar ability.
You could, but that was impossible to predict, so you can't put that against him.

As far as Blind is concerned, I agree with someone who already mentioned that we should sell him in the summer if he has to go, not now. The price will not drop in a few months and he could still be useful.

Last edited:

Mr Smith

I'd be sad to see him go, I've always liked Blind. Probably a good move for him though and he's not exactly a first team player, so if he wants the move we shouldn't stand in his way.

Distracted Steward

His role departed with van Gaal. A couple of seasons ago, I wouldn't have thought it would have dried up for him here like it has. He'd probably do well with Roma. Best for everyone involved for him to move on.

dogwithabone

Good footballer but probably one of those whose versatility will end up costing him a prolonged career at a club. Because he doesn’t really nail down a position he will always be seen as a player often surplus to requirements but bizarrely probably on a lot of clubs wanted lists too !

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some of you wouldn't know a good player if you seen one.

Good riddance? Go fall on a spike.
We all know he's got great technique and reads the game really well, but his athleticism will never make him world class. He's only going to get slower and jose doesn't fancy him as a CB.

Best to cut our losses and buy somebody else he will actually play.

El Jefe

Very good player, I really like him but we knew he was doomed here once Jose became manager.

Can't fault Jose either because we're pretty strong in the positions Blind plays.

RC89

Did well in spells, particularly at left back I thought in his first season. While he didn't have the pace of Shaw, his crossing was much better and his general intelligence seems higher.

That being said, he deserves to play and he's just not good enough to be getting that many games here.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Always liked him. Talented player and seems like a genuinely good professional.

His lack of pace was a bit of a problem - hopefully Roma will give him a proper go in midfield and see him shine.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Would happily keep him as a versatile squad player if we had a thinner squad but he clearly isn't going to get the gametime as it is.

Like him and think this would work well for all. Now... any chance we can get a midfielder off Roma and use him as makeweight? Unlikely, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.