Daley Blind to Ajax| Deal to be done at 16m euros plus 5m in bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
His dad Danny, who also happens to be his current agent, gave an interview with Radio 1 last night. They're negotiating with Ajax for personal terms, and unless another nice European club comes by in the next days or so he's signing for Ajax.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not an inherently bad player by any stretch of the imagination, just not one the manager seemed to like.

Good we actually sold him for an accurate amount proportionate to his ability, though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Smalling is and always has been a dud and will continue to stink up the place if we keep him. He'll be 29 later this year and is supposed to be at his peak right now.

Jones is comfortably the better player imo, his problem is that he's rarely fit. I'd give him one last season to try and sort out his issues, if he can't then get rid.

If I was in charge both would have been booted ages ago. Dumb and dumber at the heart of our defence is a complete liability.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
actually got to like him over time. Good squadie but time to move him on and replace him with some of the younsgters. What is pissing me off that first of all I'd get rid off Darmian. Blind was actually good for dsome parts of his United career but fecking Darmina shambles all his time here apart few matches. Another one on thelist should have been fellaini if we wanted to move on, so hopefully we extended so we could sell him soon and is not used too much. Then Rojo/Jones should go too

Aloysius's Back 3

Just how Jose can chuck a player without even playing him in his 2 best position is just ripely sickening. Has no ability to look at his squad & build a team that has a balance of everything.

Instead he would get 11 fellaini's & stick them in a 4231.

Canagel

Good fecking riddance. About time we started shipping some of the deadwood. Darmian and Smalling next please.
Indeed. Darmian, Jones and Smalling should all be surplus to requirements.

UpWithRivers

Thought he could do better than Ajax. I know its his home and all that but its basically dropping down a division. He would be a very good signing at that price for any top 12 team especially with his versatility.

CM

It's a good fee for someone who barely featured at all last season. Still, it's slightly bewildering that a player like Blind is being pushed out the door while we hand out long-term contracts to the likes of Marcos Rojo.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Say what you want, but Jose is awesome at getting great prices on sales! :drool:
If for incoming transfers, Jose has a say on who we want and not so much how much to pay for him, why would Jose have an input on how much to receive on a player he doesn't want anymore?

Stadjer

Smalling is and always has been a dud and will continue to stink up the place if we keep him. He'll be 29 later this year and is supposed to be at his peak right now.

Jones is comfortably the better player imo, his problem is that he's rarely fit. I'd give him one last season to try and sort out his issues, if he can't then get rid.

If I was in charge both would have been booted ages ago. Dumb and dumber at the heart of our defence is a complete liability.
He has been at United for seven year and always struggled with injuries... why would it be different this year?

He had the potential to be a great defender but injuries ruined that. He hasnt even improved much in those seven years.

Ashley R1+O

Gave his best for us so no hard feelings on that front but to get 16+5 for a player worth barely a quarter of that is sensational business from the club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Loved him. Played in many positions, never complained when out of the side, rarely injured (until last season) while other defenders were dropping like flies, could pass a ball forward unlike others and scored important late goals
Yeah, he was very professional. Never moaned about positions or when dropped.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good fecking riddance. About time we started shipping some of the deadwood. Darmian and Smalling next please.
Exactly. He seems to be a decent guy but isn't good enough for United. Smalling, Jones and Darmian should be next. Jones only for his injury issues. Keep the faith in Rojo, Bailly, Lindelof and sign a new CB which Jose seems intent on.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Jose is also at the end of the road imo. Only a sustained title challenge and a big improvement in style of play will convince me that he can continue further.
It's great to hear the future plans of the club directly from the borad members. Thank you.

Good player, thought he was excellent as a CB with Smalling. He’s clearly not a Jose player, and so he needs to go. Wish him all the best.

Awe I liked Blind ❤
He's a good player but just not suited to us, I wish him all the best at Ajax.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nothing to dislike about this guy I guess, simply not good enough, liked him as our player though. All the best.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Could never understand why he wasn't used more, quality on the ball, can read the game well, excellent at set pieces, good passer etc, if we had truly elite players keeping him out then fair enough, but we don't.

I guess he's just not appreciated by a manager who prefers a battering ram approach over a bit of finesse.
The fact that it's only Ajax in for him speaks volumes though .

It's easy to blame Mourinho which seems to be the default option for some.

Why is it blaming Jose? He’s not the right player for us under Mourinho and so needs to go.

Murray3007

Very good business from United here, Fantastic footballer, lacked pace but could read the game superbly, was very good at organising at the back as well when played there with Smalling. would still rather have played him at the back if am honest then what we have here. thought he would have worked very well with Bailly.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If for incoming transfers, Jose has a say on who we want and not so much how much to pay for him, why would Jose have an input on how much to receive on a player he doesn't want anymore?
I doubt he has a say. But his connections with agents as well as influence in the game will probably help us a bit.

Mourinho has always been a bit crafty in the transfer window, taking players from under people's noses and orchestrating swap deals despite them being generally difficult to do. He seems to be acquaintances with everyone.

Trizy

Thanks for everything Blind. True professional, never once complained publicly about game time. Just put his head down and played where and when the manager asked him.

£18m is a decent fee. We paid £13.8m for him. Ajax are a great youth club. However, I feel Blind could've joined a PL club and been a starter.

Anyway, best of luck!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Top professional. We didn't use him effectively. Did well when he had a stint at CB, and was probably our best crosser of the ball from the LB at times - but his role was suited as a CM.

Makes sense for him to go. Wish him all the best. Extremely likeable guy.

Aloysius's Back 3

That's not true - his arguably best position was CB, CDM and LB in that order. Him at United was used differently than a position that enabled him to play in his best position consistently.

If he was allowed to fight for a CB spot under Jose - hell in a back 3; Blind would be fought for by clubs who play that formation. He didn't try & fail at playing at CB - he was not given the opportunity by Jose just because Jose has the inability to use a player like Blind.

We saw how he bought the best out of Smalling & every other defender we have in our squad apart from Lindelpf has the same strengths & weaknesses as each other. Pacey, strong, heading yet inability to remain calm under pressure, right positioning & passing. Put 2 of them inbetween a player like Blind - we would have a better defence than a lot of the teams with an ability to initiate attacks from the back.

The fact is that Jose has an inability to change his methods to inccpperate a player like Blind within a team - defensively he needs a player like Terry - not his legendary footballing status but more of a last line of defence type defender when the rest of the 10 players have failed to defend as well.

Blind's inability to move to a big club is because he only got to play CB for 6 months - a position he was deeper & more astute at than when he played CDM for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.