Dalot or AWB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Neither, Dalot’s touch and passing is rubbish as well.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Easy answer: Neither

We need to reset our style of play. We need brand new RB and LB. They are super crucial in modern football.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
But AWB is really good at what he does albeit limited to that. Dalot ain't great at any thing
I think AWB is good at defending 1vs1's and that's it. He can't position himself properly, he can't cross, dribble, pass or head the ball.
On the other hand Dalot showed he can do all of those things but at a mediocre level.

If any of them will come good it would be a surprise and a big achievement from the manager.

cyberman

AWB works the ball forward a lot better imo. The amount of times AWB fecks up a cross is many times more than Dalot actually getting the ball in the box

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
AWB by a country mile, Dalot should be nowhere near the first team. Although, ultimately, neither are good enough to be starting right-backs for United. A long-term solution needs sorting in the next 12 months or so.

Quinze

Dalot only began starting for us this season after playing a bit-part during his loan at Milan so he's still an inexperienced player in my book. He's also rated highly enough to be a Portugal international so there's more room for progression under new management.

Bissaka on the other hand has been playing in the premier league week in, week out for four seasons but he still doesn't look good enough for us or for the England squad.

Lemon Moon

AWB is a centre half in my opinion. Silly that he's even considered a wing back.

Giggsyking

AWB .. He is million years better defensively and not worse than Dalot offensively. In fact I would prefer his few crosses better than Dalot's spam crossing million crosses into raw z.

Giggsyking

Dalot only began starting for us this season after playing a bit-part during his loan at Milan so he's still an inexperienced player in my book. He's also rated highly enough to be a Portugal international so there's more room for progression under new management.

Bissaka on the other hand has been playing in the premier league week in, week out for four seasons but he still doesn't look good enough for us or for the England squad.
The take with the international selection is very strange. Portugal has nobody there so it is easy for Dalot to be in the squad. While AWB has to challange James, Trent and walker, all 3 world class rbs.

redshaw

I think AWB could be turn things around and be overall better than Dalot but both have such a long way to go.

ThehatchetMan

Plz look at Me! Pay attention to Me!
Supports
Crusaders FC
AWB without a doubt. Dalot is just very meh at everything he does.

ZupZup

We really need to upgrade right back...

But if I had to pick one to play between the two... it's AWB all day long. Neither are good offensively but AWB is a lot better defensively than Dalot. The thought of watching Dalot and Telles starting again for us makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Yakuza_devils

AWB has much higher ceiling. Need a good coach to guide him. He was a very young player when he joined us. After a few years of bad coaching hope ETH can help him

croadyman

AWB has much higher ceiling. Need a good coach to guide him. He was a very young player when he joined us. After a few years of bad coaching hope ETH can help him
I haven't seen enough evidence of him in an attacking sense to believe he can turn it around under Erik, so neither because feel we need new blood at both LB & RB but don't see it happening.

Last edited:

Tomics

AWB is miles better defensively although he needs a lot of work on his positioning. Offensively, Dalot just gives an illusion to be better but he's just as useless as AWB.
I couldn't have said it better. Dalot is rubbish. He is useless in attack, his crossing and shooting are horrible. I still prefer AWB.

Dr Foo

I think Dalot has the raw ingredients that a good coach can work with. He is technically better than AwB, though inferior defensively. Am hoping that the positional awareness can still be improved through coaching, have seen glimpses of decent defending followed by the lapses.

Volksie316

Neither!

Both are absolutely terrible!

One is a pretty decent defender, but is shockingly bad in attack, and the other is decent going forward, but shockingly bad at defending.

You might say, that is the modern day full-back, but not with these 2.

They are just not good enough.

hobbers

If we don't sign a RB Dalot will obviously start ahead of AWB.

AWB isn't getting a kick under a manager like ETH. His inability to think or pass or control a football properly is antithesis to the sort of style ETH wants.

Kramer

Def need an urgent upgrade at the RB position. Neither is good enough.

But comparing both, def AWB. At least he is good at something on a football pitch. Can trust him to not get beaten by his winger and he has good pace, acceleration and stamina.

Dalot is just an absolutely horrific footballer. He can’t defend. Very bad positionally (though he’s shown some improvement here) but absolutely shambolic at 1 on 1 defending. Given how he bombards forward with more attacking intent, he gives people an illusion that he is good offensively. Nothing could be further from the truth. His crossing reminds me of Bebe and he is quite a bad passer as well. An absolute liability in the team.

If we can’t get reinforcements in, ETH will grudgingly give AWB game time. He has many shortcomings but he’s more trustworthy than Dalot.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
My eye test says Dalot, the stats shows Dalot. I did my study and research about ten Hag's playing style, and based on the study and research I did, I think he would prefer Dalot.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Dalot is shit. Terrible at anything related to defense and his attacking game is overrated. feckinn Ashley Young is a far better right back than Dalot will ever be.

As bad as AWB is, he's still a far better option than Dalot.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
AWB’s performances Vs Neymar & Sterling were some that I really liked when I watched them.

Dalot has yet had a performance that has had me appreciate him.

Dannn411

AWB just needs to commit to getting better on the ball. There is still hope there if he can just improve his on ball output.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
AWB is a centre half in my opinion. Silly that he's even considered a wing back.
Based on what, because it's definitely not on how he defends. Playing him at centre half would be suicidal with his tendency to slide tackle which will either end perfectly or terribly. He gets away with it at fullback because he's not tackling them in the box and if he misses, it's just a free kick or he hopes his centre half bails him out.

Add in his lack of aerial presence and him doing a disappearing act in games, he's one of the last player I'll want playing at centre half.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

If I absolutely had to choose one of the two it would be Dalot, I like his energy. I think AWB is a good squad defender. However, as we haven’t really had a proper system or style of play for some time, I’d love to see see what ETH makes of both of them over the coming year. I’d say they’ve earned the chance to prove themselves to him, his coaches, and system and then obviously we can cut ties if it doesn’t work out.

Bondi77

I would not be surprised in the slightest if Erik likes the look of Laird in training and gives him the nod.
We should get some idea in the preseason games.

avgp_1

Neither, play 3 at the back with Martinez, alongside Maguire and Varane. Malacia/Shaw and Laird as the WBs.

Laird looked class for Swansea there. Saves us from buying a RW as well

Woodzy

AWB if we have to pick one.

I personally think Dalot is an awful player where as AWB is just an average one.

Maticmaker

Cannot say I am happy with either as fullbacks. At times, especially at transition, the defensive positional play of both can be woeful. AWB can tackle, Dalot can make incisive runs with the ball.
That's it!
Unless ETH can get a few new faces in, IMO we will still have an unbalanced and confidence lacking squad to kick off the new season.

R'hllor

Neither and if i have to pick, give me Dalot, the hell you gonna do with AWB in United that supposedly have attacking vision of modern play.

BuzzKillington

AWB possibly up for sale, Dalot favoured.

I guess both are fairly uninspiring options, going forward, but I'd lean towards AWB.

The position can't be seen as a priority, this summer, so if we end up keeping both, it wouldn't be a disaster.

Which might fit into Ten Hag's system better?
I couldn’t disagree more, after CM this position is next highest priority for me, much more so than CB or LB. Telles, as shit as he is, is a much better left back than either of these two clowns are RB’s. I really don’t understand why we are signing left backs when this issue is seemingly being ignored, I really really hope they have something going on in the background and they’ve just managed to keep it hush hush.

Revaulx

Dalot. I think he’ll be more suited to ETH’s high intensity style. Surely his awful crossing can be worked on?

AWB seems to me more of a stop/start sort of athlete. I certainly don’t think he’s a total write off; there’s a fair chance ETH sees something that can be improved.

I’d be delighted if we signed Dumfries, who’s been an absolute monster on the few occasions I’ve watched him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Both are not good enough and Dalot is heading towards the end of his contract. I'd say sell them both and bring in someone decent. Then we can promote Williams and Laird as cover

Yakuza_devils

Dalot was much younger when he signed and still younger now. As well as already being the better player.
Dalot's attacking abilities are average and apart from that he didn't offer much.

AWB with proper coaching and confidence, at the very least he can be very good in defensive side and who knows how his attacking game can develop under ETH.

SoCross

I couldn’t disagree more, after CM this position is next highest priority for me, much more so than CB or LB. Telles, as shit as he is, is a much better left back than either of these two clowns are RB’s. I really don’t understand why we are signing left backs when this issue is seemingly being ignored, I really really hope they have something going on in the background and they’ve just managed to keep it hush hush.
For me, its CM, CM, RW before RB. And if Martial leaves, the CF moves up the list.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Buying a CB and LB but not a new RB would be a wasted window. We surely can't go into next season with either of these two starting.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
AWB’s performances Vs Neymar & Sterling were some that I really liked when I watched them.

Dalot has yet had a performance that has had me appreciate him.
That's because we played counter attack rather than trying to dominate or play possession football. It's like people suggested us to sign Tarkowski or some fans thought he's good for top club because his impressive performance at Burnley but that's mainly because he was perfect for Burnley's style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.