Dalot signs a new contract until 2028(+1)

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Thanks for the kind words.

Just find the negativity on this forum unbearable at times. Didn’t quote anyone, but I feel calling out bs is sometimes warranted.
Sometimes I feel like the caf is in a totally different world as compared to actual supporters in the stadium. We get most posters banging on about every single thing about United, and then we see a whole stadium of supporters getting right behind the team. Perhaps it’s the frustration of not having the ability to impact the team performance as compared to stadium goers.

RoyH1

The way he is willing to run at players and actually progress the ball is so refreshing compared to the usual garbage being served by our wingers. He is easily becoming one of my favorite players.
Agree. He's one of the few players where I feel there is some improvement.

dabronxolivera

Supports
Al Hilal
Put him in City or Pool or Arse team and people will drum him up as one of the top RB in the league. Just need to polish his defensive game but if Trent could be one of the best fullbacks in the league before he was exposed I dont see a reason why Dalot cant. He's already miles better defensively than trent ever could be

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Was good last night. I thought he was awful against Fulham, but overall i cant complain as he's played every minute and been pretty good in most games.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I think he has alot to work on still, such as his final ball and ability to influence big game moments, which only the very best right backs can do, but i also have no doubt in a more coherent set up he would look even better than he has done this season. I was hugely impressed with him for Milan and Portugal and delighted he is excelling here with us, especially under the difficult circumstances. Hopefully the more he matures the better our team will become around him too.

Ekeke

Just find it funny when people start comparing him to Büttner and claiming he wouldn’t start for bottom PL clubs, being shit to average at everything etc.
Posters are prone to being outlandishly delusional when it comes to rightbacks on here. Most of the time the players they suggest we should replace ours with are playing right wingback, right midfield or in the case of Lamptey both the previous and then dropped from the team. At a certain point you just have to stop listening to lunatics

Todd

I think Dalot definitely flies under the radar. He's one of the better right backs in the league going forward, and easily one of the best when it comes to crossing dangerous balls into the box.

If only we could create a Frankenstein monster with Dalot's abilities going forward and Wan-Bissaka's one-v-one defending.

atkar83

Dalot is solid until he loses confidence. Then his play drops off for multiple games in a row. If he can get past going through states where nothing goes right for him, then he's a good enough starter. We have holes in enough of the roster as is.

Cela shomana

I frequently read Cafe but contribute less. The limited posts I've made were centered around showing my support for Dalot because I felt he was being unfairly criticized. Many football fans watch the game without an in-depth understanding. It was evident to those with a profound knowledge of football that Dalot had the potential to become a top-tier player. Few players possess the combination of attributes he has—speed, athleticism, strong stamina, technical proficiency, and adept ball control. While he may currently lack in decision-making and end product, these aspects are likely to improve with experience. Keep an eye on him, especially as he matures around the age of 26.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Put him in City or Pool or Arse team and people will drum him up as one of the top RB in the league. Just need to polish his defensive game but if Trent could be one of the best fullbacks in the league before he was exposed I dont see a reason why Dalot cant. He's already miles better defensively than trent ever could be
This is what feels like an unpopular opinion of mine so nice to see someone else say it. I think he'd look class at City and Arsenal in particular, so I could see him as good enough to start and play regular in a title winning side. Given his fitness record aswell I think he's the very least of our problems

I frequently read Cafe but contribute less. The limited posts I've made were centered around showing my support for Dalot because I felt he was being unfairly criticized. Many football fans watch the game without an in-depth understanding. It was evident to those with a profound knowledge of football that Dalot had the potential to become a top-tier player. Few players possess the combination of attributes he has—speed, athleticism, strong stamina, technical proficiency, and adept ball control. While he may currently lack in decision-making and end product, these aspects are likely to improve with experience. Keep an eye on him, especially as he matures around the age of 26.
Checks entire post history, finds just one single post in 6 years and 48 posts that mentions Dalot prior to this.

Ole'sgunnarwin

In terms of fitness, form and ability there are only 3 players I'd be happy to stick with for the foreseeable. Dalot, Mainoo and Hojlund. Garnacho possibly too.

I think Dalot has been our most consistent player this season, he's one of the few I feel really cares.

city-puma

Great article on the Athletic this month - really delighted for the guy.

Comes here at age 19, spends last 5+ years surrounded by more than a few negative, unprofessional personalities, in an occasionally toxic dressing room for many of his formative playing years. While many fans, myself included, probably treating him much harsher than we would an academy product of the same age.

Wasn’t good enough, puts his head down, works his socks off, sent on loan, has active competition for his starting place, but stays a consummate professional by all accounts - vocally in support of his managers, teammates, fans.

Never stopped working, kept improving, tons of growth. Monster mentality on the field - always fired up, always hustling for his teammates. Apparently very diligent in the off-field parts of the job as well. Finally getting his rewards.

Honestly think that this season he’s been among the elite RBs in world football and one of the few starters most here would be happy to stay - capable of playing a part in a squad that achieves things. Glad we locked him in for the long haul.

This all used to be a relatively common player journey/progression at United, just happy to see it these days. Player of the season so far for me.
Just observing his on pitch behaviors and body language, it’s obvious to figure out his personality. He is a great character in the team.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I remember asking on here if his loan move to AC Milan could potentially revive his United career. Every single person said absolutely not, he’s done for and rubbish.

Happy for him, he is a good player to have in the squad and still has room for improvement I feel.