Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I don’t rate him very high because his play is just simply not good enough (for us not Wales; couldn’t care less about his form for country)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect your opinion. I just completely disagree. I think he’s a good few notches below the talent needed……
So you should just say you don't rate him which is fair enough, instead you misjudged his performance.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's having a very good tournament.

He's good to have in our squad. Can cover both sides, shows up in top shape and gives work rate that this side ridiculously lacks outside of Bruno and Cavani.

I honestly think he will be around for years. I can see him becoming a full back later on like Ashley Young.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Apparently he created most chances in Euro 21. Not bad.
Good for him.

It just goes to show how terrible most people are on here at appraising footballers. He doesn’t get enough consistent minutes to fairly judge how effective or productive he could actually be yet people write him off like their opinion is gospel. 900 mins in the league. There was no hope of anyone getting in on the left over Rashford no matter how off it he looked. It’s a pity. I think James has another level in him if he’s given a legit shot when the form of others is poor or they don’t look fit enough. The manager needs to be a lot braver.

GioF

So you should just say you don't rate him which is fair enough, instead you misjudged his performance.
I didn’t misjudge anything. He was awful yesterday as was most of Wales ‘attacking threats’. Not sure how you think he played well but like I said I agree to disagree.

On a different note; do you think he’s good enough for United?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Wales with their championship and can’t get into the prem first team midfield and defence against the team everyone is raving about this tournament and you think James and attackers had an awful game? What were they expected to do to get the ball and play free flow attacking football? All 3 of them?

I’d be interested to know what James could have done in your opinion to not have had an awful game.
I didn’t misjudge anything. He was awful yesterday as was most of Wales ‘attacking threats’. Not sure how you think he played well but like I said I agree to disagree.

lex talionis

While I acknowledge Daniel’s limitations, I like having him in the squad. He pops us now and then with some decent stuff. IMO we should be using him more on the left when Rashford needs rest.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Chiellini's words are quite amazing to hear, let the player get that priceless experience and then who knows... perhaps there's seriously some big club player there.

GioF

Wales with their championship and can’t get into the prem first team midfield and defence against the team everyone is raving about this tournament and you think James and attackers had an awful game? What were they expected to do to get the ball and play free flow attacking football? All 3 of them?

I’d be interested to know what James could have done in your opinion to not have had an awful game.
We can do this all day but not really getting anywhere. Do you think they played well then yeah? Against a team already qualified and made 8/9 changes.

They were poor as was the whole team minus the centre half and goalkeeper. Far too much credit given to players who quite frankly don’t deserve it. The same ‘fans’ who want James to come back as a squad player when other than a few games when he first joined has been a few notches below the talent we should have in our first team squad.

When posters haven’t seen the game and ask how he did and then Tomus saying he did well just adds to the shitshow. You have opinions like the poster above who things at 25 suddenly Dan James is going to morph into a player fit for a ‘big side’. It’s just baffling and complete bollocks. It’s either ill informed opinions from people who’ve never played the game or complete homer bias.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
We can do this all day but not really getting anywhere. Do you think they played well then yeah? Against a team already qualified and made 8/9 changes.

They were poor as was the whole team minus the centre half and goalkeeper. Far too much credit given to players who quite frankly don’t deserve it. The same ‘fans’ who want James to come back as a squad player when other than a few games when he first joined has been a few notches below the talent we should have in our first team squad.

When posters haven’t seen the game and ask how he did and then Tomus saying he did well just adds to the shitshow. You have opinions like the poster above who things at 25 suddenly Dan James is going to morph into a player fit for a ‘big side’. It’s just baffling and complete bollocks. It’s either ill informed opinions from people who’ve never played the game or complete homer bias.
Yes I can see we can do this all day when you don’t answer what was put to you but ramble about shit again.

I’ll ask again, what could James have done to not be ‘awful’ yesterday? The championship midfield was up against Veratti and jorghino, Wales were always going to struggle to keep the ball and create. Should James have come deep to get the ball and take on a few players before getting an asssit? Was his defensive work rate not good enough? Did he not close Italy down good enough for you? Why was he awful?

GioF

Yes I can see we can do this all day when you don’t answer what was put to you but ramble about shit again.

I’ll ask again, what could James have done to not be ‘awful’ yesterday? The championship midfield was up against Veratti and jorghino, Wales were always going to struggle to keep the ball and create. Should James have come deep to get the ball and take on a few players before getting an asssit? Was his defensive work rate not good enough? Did he not close Italy down good enough for you? Why was he awful?
What are you talking about? Why are you mentioning Italy’s centre midfield?
He’s a winger…should I judge him on closing people down as an indicator how he’s played?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What are you talking about? Why are you mentioning Italy’s centre midfield?
He’s a winger…should I judge him on closing people down as an indicator how he’s played?
If you want to judge in context, I’d suggest yes. Italy clearly controlled the game and how the game played out which led to how James game would need to be played out, and that was not Dan James fault.

If yesterday, Wales played a Sunday league team and had prime zidane and Seedorf in midfield with James on the wing, I’d judge him differently. Exaggerated but feel like I have to to make a point for you. Similarly, if Dan James played for Italy yesterday I would be judging him differently.

you still haven’t answered why he was awful or what he could have done to not be awful, and that’s what this all started from. I give up now.

SirScholes

Good for him.

It just goes to show how terrible most people are on here at appraising footballers. He doesn’t get enough consistent minutes to fairly judge how effective or productive he could actually be yet people write him off like their opinion is gospel. 900 mins in the league. There was no hope of anyone getting in on the left over Rashford no matter how off it he looked. It’s a pity. I think James has another level in him if he’s given a legit shot when the form of others is poor or they don’t look fit enough. The manager needs to be a lot braver.
Or how often players outperform internationally only to resort to form when back in a regular season?
I think I’ll judge him on the seasons he’s had at man utd than the less than 2 full games played so far

SirScholes

Couldn’t agree more with this.
Nice kid, but let’s just call a spade a spade here, he’s an average footballer blessed with pace, nothing more to see here

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
@GioF , As you’ve repeatedly said James was awful yesterday and even had the gall to say people who think otherwise must have never played the game :lol: I’d like to ask once more, for the fourth time, why in your opinion he had an awful game? What could he have done to not have an awful game? You must have played the game to have such a staunch opinion so I’m interested in what you think of how the game played out and what Dan James didn’t do good enough for you.

and to be clear, we are not talking about his quality for United, I’m directly asking you about your opinion of him being awful yesterday.

Ali Dia

Or how often players outperform internationally only to resort to form when back in a regular season?
I think I’ll judge him on the seasons he’s had at man utd than the less than 2 full games played so far
Or how about he’s had 900 mins in the league and a few run outs in the EL. He’s been moderately productive but always very hard working, direct and aggressive. He doesn’t mind being a squad player but I’m sure he’d rather play a lot more. I don’t get how fans expect players to produce when the managers stop start use of them is all over the shop. I don’t think James should have lost his place in the team so easily last season.

Last edited:

krentz

He's a solid PL player, you can see hes got another potential (aside of his renown pace) that he could positioned himself to receive the ball really well around oppo's pen box, creating panic among defenders I think that if he could improve his finishing he'd be a world class, it's just his final product which often let his team down perhaps with better instruction and more playing time he would get there. Problem is do we have time to afford him? with sancho's big money signing looming around James would have to face another internal competitor for playing time, and he's hitting his peak years as a footballer hence why i think the club and James should be open to part away this summer. 25-30M with buy back clause or future sale percentage.

Tomuś

If he can become a Blomqvist for us then I'm hapy to keep him in the current role.

Tomuś

And if he was awful then I wonder what should I say about the other attackers. There is a middle ground between a WC and awful performances.

SirScholes

Or how about he’s had 900 mins in the league and a few run outs in the EL. He’s been moderately productive but always very hard working, direct and aggressive. He doesn’t mind being a squad player but I’m sure he’d rather play a lot more. I don’t get how fans expect players to produce when the managers stop start use of them is all over the shop. I don’t think James should have lost his place in the team so easily last season.
If you can’t see how he destroys our build up play I can’t help you
We need more than a hard worker, his like a shit Dirk Kuyt
If your main asset as a winger is going to be hard graft then you need to be Park or Valencia level to make it here and he is nowhere near

Ali Dia

If your main asset as a winger is going to be hard graft then you need to be Park or Valencia level to make it here and he is nowhere near
I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I think he can be very effective if used correctly. I’ve often seen him making good aggressive/direct runs in behind and being ignored by teammates. He runs the channels and presses from the front. He also gets up and down the pitch all match. I get he’s never going to be world class but I think he’s a very solid option whose energy would have been a lot more useful than some of the flat stuff we’ve seen from our forwards as the season wound down. Hopefully he keeps up his euros form into next season.

No Love

@KirkDuyt

lex talionis

Daniel James is a decent enough squad player for us. We just can't expect to have two world class at every position.

Bondi77

If he could learn to look at his surroundings when dribbling instead of the ball he can be a very good winger. He's got the pace and should fit a counter attacking team.
Pretty sure his bad decisions in game were mostly due to his head looking down all the time. I mean how can you pass properly if you don't see shit.
Rashford does the same

hobbers

Daniel James is a decent enough squad player for us. We just can't expect to have two world class at every position.
No he isn't. This is Lingard all over again.

Park and Nani were good enough squad players for us. That's the sort of work rate and talent you want to see on your bench. Players like James are not good enough to be playing in anything other than dead rubber third round league cup games at a club that's suppose to have title ambitions.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s hard at United for traditional wingers when you’ve got 1 in the box to aim for if you’re lucky. What do people expect?

No he isn't. This is Lingard all over again.

Park and Nani were good enough squad players for us. That's the sort of work rate and talent you want to see on your bench. Players like James are not good enough to be playing in anything other than dead rubber third round league cup games at a club that's suppose to have title ambitions.
lingard scored in a cup final. Very glad he did, and didn’t get binned by fans because he was the embodiment of mediocrity.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And when Martial plays he has 0 in the box.
I know you gotta feel sorry for the lad. We buy him as a traditional winger then don’t give him anything to aim for. It’s not the lads fault. If this is the way we are gonna play there’s no point in buying traditional wingers

Scottynaldinho

He's a very good weapon for certain games and as a substitute. We need a player like him in our squad.

The idea that he may have to step up to become first team player is moot. He'll have spells in the first team because of injuries/rotation and hitting excellent form which we've already seen.

Idxomer

Traditional wingers in the mould of James are outdated. At a top team, you need to have more in your game and being able to link up well with your fullback and other forwards.

James is an average crosser, terrible passer and his shooting is also below par. He doesn't stack up well against our last traditional winger in Valencia who was a much better footballer overall.

SirScholes

I think we will just have to agree to disagree. I think he can be very effective if used correctly. I’ve often seen him making good aggressive/direct runs in behind and being ignored by teammates. He runs the channels and presses from the front. He also gets up and down the pitch all match. I get he’s never going to be world class but I think he’s a very solid option whose energy would have been a lot more useful than some of the flat stuff we’ve seen from our forwards as the season wound down. Hopefully he keeps up his euros form into next season.
Hopefully he does, we can agree there :)

but for me you just wrote “he runs” 3 different ways

BR7

I’ve been lucky enough to watch Hughes, Giggs and to a lesser extent Clayton Blackmore.
Blackmore is very underrated, played LB, RB and CM, a true squad player. That right foot canon and even though he got stick for his err waist size he could shift. I’m pretty certain he scored a break away goal at Bramall Lane from RB, ran the entire length of the pitch to tap in a square pass.

Daniel James is a C lister compared to these guys and not a squad player.

nsmes mentioned in previous posts are not squad players in my opinion. Squad players are the Phil Neville’s, John O’Shea Blackmore types I think.

You can’t teach first touch to a 24 yo and he really struggles to bring the ball down when running. I could write quite a bit about his shortcomings but only one sentence about his strength (singular)

I’d rather pellistri/Amad sat on the bench. Seen amad’s free kick for his country?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.