5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Number32

Plus he shouldn’t have signed him in the first place. Nothing special on the eye test or actual stats in the championship
He was the nemesis of man city's defense at swansea, then doing the same good job everytime we face them. It's still worth it though, because we finally can beat city 3 times in the last couple of years, and guess who was starting at RW?

15 millions profit from him is also a good business in the transfer market, we finally sell a player at the propper price.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He was the nemesis of man city's defense at swansea, then doing the same good job everytime we face them. It's still worth it though, because we finally can beat city 3 times in the last couple of years, and guess who was starting at RW?

15 millions profit from him is also a good business in the transfer market, we finally sell a player at the propper price.
It is definitely nice to beat city 3 times, but the problem is: we lost/draw too many of the games with other teams.

Bondi77

He performed well in the big games for us and as you say we make a handsome profit on his sale and who is to say he will not increase his value at Leeds in the future.
It will be interesting to see how much time our fickle fan base give Sancho before they turn on him as Daniel started off pretty well for us and he cost very little in comparison.

joso157

Good luck to him. He's very effective in the big games because he needs space in behind, his game is all about pace, hence why he performs well for Wales regularly, they rarely have teams sitting deep against them. No doubt he'll do well, all be it at Leeds.

Number32

It is definitely nice to beat city 3 times, but the problem is: we lost/draw too many of the games with other teams.
We expect him to be a stop gap winger, not a talisman to wins us a title. If he could had changed the lost/draw with other teams, that's mean a title for us.

He performed well in the big games for us and as you say we make a handsome profit on his sale and who is to say he will not increase his value at Leeds in the future.
It will be interesting to see how much time our fickle fan base give Sancho before they turn on him as Daniel started off pretty well for us and he cost very little in comparison.
That's my point, buying him from swansea back in 2019 was not a mistake. He was part of the rebuilding process who has done a decent job at it. I don't understand why people thinks he is one of Ole's failure.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Signed and done. Dan James is a Leeds player.

A player who never stopped working and always put in a honest shift.

Best of luck at Leeds, Dan!

El Zoido

He was worth a punt, but never was good enough. Seems a nice lad and I wish him all the best, but it’s the right move for all concerned.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Solid professional is Dan, wanting to play regular first team football, always put maximum effort in when playing for us. Not quite cut out for this level yet but don't doubt he'll be a good signing for Leeds long term.

sugar_kane

Slightly surprised at this given that Ole started him in almost every big game, and I'm not certain if we have a direct replacement for what he brought to the team in those games (speed, defensive workrate)

It feels a little bit like we've sold him because no-one wanted to buy anybody else.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Slightly surprised at this given that Ole started him in almost every big game, and I'm not certain if we have a direct replacement for what he brought to the team in those games (speed, defensive workrate)

It feels a little bit like we've sold him because no-one wanted to buy anybody else.
We sold him because he was surplus to requirements. The myth over James is akin to DVB; that somehow he wasn’t given an opportunity. The fact is he started or came on in a lot of matches but showed his limitations. He was fine against some cannon fodder and when we were ahead. When the clamour on here was always ‘ why is he starting over x y and Z?’ James was always on limited time. If Leeds turns out to be his level then it’s a bloody good career for the lad.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Lads - we actually made profit on a player! Strange times.
It’s actually quite simple.
Don’t pay a player more than they are worth and selling them becomes much easier.
A shame we still have so many undeserved high earners in our squad.

Bwuk

All the best to him. Wasn't for a lack of effort.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He'll be loved in Leeds, his commitment will be noticed and continuosly praised. Great deal for all sides.

I only wish he could lift a trophy with us.

90 + 5min

Good luck to him. Useful player we could (should?) have kept but I guess it was about numbers. Understanding.

He always gave 100%.

spiriticon

With Bielsa telling him exactly where to go and what to do, he will be very good I think.

All the best Dan!

abailey123

He cost us £15 million quid. Gave his all in every game. In a period of transition he was a good acquisition and we sold him for a profit. Hope he does well at Leeds

goptun

Good luck to him. Useful player we could (should?) have kept but I guess it was about numbers. Understanding.

He always gave 100%.
Nah, it was the right time for him to leave. We are absolutely stacked with forward players and it would have done neither party any good for him to stick around.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Who will be the new whipping boy in the Matchday Forum? Seems like Fred is being set up nicely for that spot.

NewUser777

For me, i have to pay respect to Dan James. He always gave everything for the club, and did his best. His commitment has been second to none. He is still young, and hasn’t had much time to develop himself into a premier league player. At times he has not done enough, but he has also done his job deserving respect.
I think Leeds is a good move for him at this stage of his career, and will have game time to improve further. Hats off for your commitment Dan! And the best of luck for the future!

dutchred

best of luck to him. Always gave 100 % and a great character, just not what we needed

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Was a good fit for early Oleball (sit back and counter), not suited to play against parked buses.

Would have happily kept him as a squad player. Great attitude and always gave his all.

Good business for us and good move for him, he will be great for Leeds given how open they always are.

Good luck to him, he will always have my sympathy.

vanrooney

seems a really nice guy - wish him all the best. was too limited for us but may have a top season for leeds. as we allready played them once we only can hope so

macheda14

The guy played and scored for Man United, he's done more in his career than many players could ever dream of. Always seemed to work hard, was supposedly great around the dressing room, hope he has a great career apart from when he plays against us. Would be nice for him to get a warm reception when he next plays at OT.

Red Royal

The guy played and scored for Man United, he's done more in his career than many players could ever dream of. Always seemed to work hard, was supposedly great around the dressing room, hope he has a great career apart from when he plays against us. Would be nice for him to get a warm reception when he next plays at OT.
He should get that; then go on to witness the spanking that Leeds have had the last 2 times they have visited Old Trafford :D

Devred

Always gave 100%. All the best to him going forward, Leeds should suit him.

dalriada

Didn't expect this to happen in this window, but have been getting the impression for a while that he hasn't been improving the parts of his game we know he needs to improve and that perhaps his brain just isn't wired for it. Maybe he'll get that from Bielsa in a system that plays to his strengths.
The fact that Leeds and several other clubs were pursuing him are evidence that he's not the poor player his critics suggest, including many on this site. I hope he prospers at Leeds and couldn't fault him for his work rate and attitude. Good luck to him and I hope he has a successful career.

Status
Not open for further replies.