Daniel James | Leeds player

Stadjer

And there were people defending him, wanting to keep him and saying he could do a job or be a squad player at Manchester United... failed at Leeds and it is yet to be seen if he is good enough to play for Fulham. Shows that keeping players who arent good enough or wanting to try those not good enough players at different positions isnt always the right option. Great sale from Manchester United.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And there were people defending him, wanting to keep him and saying he could do a job or be a squad player at Manchester United... failed at Leeds and it is yet to be seen if he is good enough to play for Fulham. Shows that keeping players who arent good enough or wanting to try those not good enough players at different positions isnt always the right option. Great sale from Manchester United.
He didn’t fail at Leeds the manager that bought him was let go and a new guy with new ideas was brought in. Unlucky but shit happens.
We were right to sell but I’d take him over Elanga right now

Robbie Boy

He didn’t fail at Leeds the manager that bought him was let go and a new guy with new ideas was brought in. Unlucky but shit happens.
We were right to sell but I’d take him over Elanga right now
Read a-lot of negative comments about him on a Leeds forum a couple of months back. I personally don't think he's a PL level player, but he seems a nice lad, so best of luck to him.

BorisManUtd

30M euros for James was surely the best sale we've made in years. I guess he can be useful, quality player for a club like Fulham though.

Idxomer

The club made a profit with his sale and replaced him with Elanga who's basically the same player and 4 years younger.

He isn't a bad player but like others said this was one of the best sales we've ever made.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Really surprised by this, I thought he was doing well at Leeds and was a regular last season.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Leeds played him up top at times when Bamford was out. He can't play there.

He's actually very good for wales on the left.
Just not anywhere near as good as Jack Harrison, who Leeds bought for £11m from City. He can play for a team battling relegation and that’s about it. Better teams just have better players in his best position.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Really surprised by this, I thought he was doing well at Leeds and was a regular last season.
I think they had a ton of injuries which meant he had to start for them. But yeah, they paid a pretty penny for him and I also thought he was a valuable squad player for them at least, but the new manager clearly doesn’t rate him.

Hes clearly not PL level, or at least starting level.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I would play him at full back

Deery

Dreary
Hasn’t got the touch of a premier league player but he has other facets to his game which make him handy. I always liked him and hope he does well at Fulham, honest player if not a bit limited.

led_scholes

He is a fine squad player for the PL teams that are not top 8 and good enough to be a starter for the relegation fighting teams.

30m is probably a bit more but not that far from a fair price, especially since he was young (still is) and probably not on crazy wages.

I m happy that we sold him and didn't keep him as a bench warmer. Truth is we could have got similar money for other players if we sold them 2 years after they were here and being obvious that they are not good enough.

AWB, Bailly, Henderson and many more are in this bracket. Instead we are keeping them until their price reaches the lowest point.

Trequarista10

Nice lad, gives his all. Was a strange signing but the best sale we've ever made. Thank you Bielsa! Hope he does really well at Fulham.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He was bought because he’s rapid and Solskjær was obviously playing a counter attacking style for us no matter how much he said he wanted us to dominate games. He’s an hard working player and will put a shift in but he shouldn’t be near a top level premier league team. Somewhere mid table maybe.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
DanGerman. :lol:

Terrible pun, terrible player, terrible club.
my mate, brexit bob, reckons it’s because you can’t say whether a footballer is a boy or a girl any more because of pc and liberal democrats. so the only way to hint at someone’s gender is to associate them with a country. germany and uk are manly countries, if fulham ladies signed a player, they’d use one of the pansy countries, like france or italy for their puns.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
30m was absolute daylight robbery :lol: what on earth were Leeds thinking

In Rainbows

Having Elanga who didn't cost anything and is on smaller wages > Daniel James

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I'll never understand how we got so much money for him, it's like someone forgot the period between the 2 and 5 in the transfer papers and nobody noticed.

Idxomer

I'll never understand how we got so much money for him, it's like someone forgot the period between the 2 and 5 in the transfer papers and nobody noticed.
Bielsa was obsessed with him.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He is a fine squad player for the PL teams that are not top 8 and good enough to be a starter for the relegation fighting teams.

30m is probably a bit more but not that far from a fair price, especially since he was young (still is) and probably not on crazy wages.

I m happy that we sold him and didn't keep him as a bench warmer. Truth is we could have got similar money for other players if we sold them 2 years after they were here and being obvious that they are not good enough.

AWB, Bailly, Henderson and many more are in this bracket. Instead we are keeping them until their price reaches the lowest point.
I disagree completely. Leeds overpaid because Bielsa is an idiot. This is the man that spent 15m on Firpo.

led_scholes

I disagree completely. Leeds overpaid because Bielsa is an idiot. This is the man that spent 15m on Firpo.
I agree that they overpaid: but almost everyone is overpaying in this inflated PL market. But they didn't overpay as much as we did with AWB for example. A young, semi regular player in a top 4 club, with low wages and not on a soon expired contract won't go for lower than 20 millions.

always_hoping

What was so annoying about that 2nd half today was making Daniel Bloody James look decent.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I thought Dan James was good for us. I was disappointed when he was sold. He's a classic winger who keeps the width and takes players wide. He also has good off the ball movement and his workrate is second to none. His problem is that he's only going to be as good as the players around him, and his delivery definitely needed improvement (as did his decision making). I wouldn't have sold him. I would have loaned him out.

Red00012

We all know he’s pace but his end product was poor enough today which was one of the problems he had with us .
Kodos to the person on the match thread saying why the feck did we sell him

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I thought Dan James was good for us. I was disappointed when he was sold. He's a classic winger who keeps the width and takes players wide. He also has good off the ball movement and his workrate is second to none. His problem is that he's only going to be as good as the players around him, and his delivery definitely needed improvement (as did his decision making). I wouldn't have sold him. I would have loaned him out.
100% this. Dan was (is) a good little player and was just looked down on cos he came from the championship and not Madrid or Barca.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s useless against low block teams, that’s a problem for him. 1v1 he can burn past most defenders but you don’t get many of those opportunities when playing for a better team.

He’s a solid player in lower half of the EPL. Which is pretty damn good

Idxomer

He played today to prove a point but there's a reason Leeds shipped him off and he isn't starting for Fulham.

I would take him over Elanga now though.

Elcabron

Thought he was decent for us as well and probably the only player in the last 10 years we have made a decent profit on in transfer fees. Ultimately not good enough to be a United player but better than most on here gave him credit for and as today proved he has his uses, we struggled with his pace today.

dove

And now predictably when he scored a tap in, he is apparently a good player :lol: He is probably not worse than Elanga but that's not saying much. Did people forget that his pretty much only very good attribute (pace) becomes quite useless when teams play a low block defensive football which is usually the case against us?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
And now predictably when he scored a tap in, he is apparently a good player :lol: He is probably not worse than Elanga but that's not saying much. Did people forget that his pretty much only very good attribute (pace) becomes quite useless when teams play a low block defensive football which is usually the case against us?
100%

Dan James was useless for us, for a long time, and we should have sold him even sooner.

Elanga was much smarter player for a brief moment last year. Now Elanga is garbage, but that doesn't make Dan James any better. DJ is Fulham level and I wish him luck at that level.