Danny Drinkwater

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What a terrible tackle. 16 or 30 he needs to be reprimanded.

Bojan11

How is he still at the club? @duffer

Surely just better to write off his contract. I wouldn’t want him in the dressing room with youngsters. He’s not really a good influence.

SER19

Stupid reaction but the tackle on him was far worse and more likely to injure. People seem to have latched on the '16 year old' thing as if he's a helpless little boy out for a kick around. Just as likely he's an immature wannabee tough guy. Maybe he's neither, but it's hardly child abuse

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City

Surely just better to write off his contract. I wouldn’t want him in the dressing room with youngsters. He’s not really a good influence.
I honestly thought that Chelsea would buy out his contract when he returned from a disastrous loan at Villa. He offers them nothing and no club is going to take him on loan after Burnley & Villa.
Leicester skinned Chelsea for him but were taken badly in the Kante deal so I guess it all evened out.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
To think that we have spent over 100m on Drinkwater and Kepa.

That is some of the worst transfer business you are ever likely to see from Chelsea or most within the league. Utterly dreadful. I am positive Drinkwater cost more than Kante. That’s just absurd.

Needham

Can't believe people are saying he's 16. He's SEVENTEEN. Big difference.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Huge contract and nobody wants him.

I guess the hope from the club is that he performs well in a loan deal so someone buys him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't blame him at all to be honest. That tackle from the Spurs lad was a red card, 2 footed jumping

Chipper

Adulterer.
Petr Cech has unretired or is that a tribute act in the longer clip?

youngrell

Why did the ref stand 30 yards away for so long :lol: is that a new strategy that I haven't noticed til now?

The Spurs lad looks a proper belter.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I don't know what's more amazing. A 30 year old who's both won the league and been capped losing his mind like that in an u23 match or a 30 year old getting paid a 100k a week for playing u23 matches.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Dreadful "tackle" from the Spurs kid... Drinkwater obviously shouldn't lash out, but I mean, he's hardly kicked the shit out of him or anything.

Bit of a non-story really.

Sea-Cow

If anything his response to that tackle was too soft.
Haha what should he have done then? Punch him? Head but? Rear naked choke and then ignore him when he taps? Stab him? Kill three generations of his family?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He has stuck a foot out after a diving lunge that was totally out of order. It’s a non-story and being used to feed into the “Drinkwater downward spiral” narrative.

He has been terrible since going to Chelsea. It hasn’t worked out but he won the PL and his money is made.

Nick7

Both poor tackles.

Can't believe either of them argue with a red card, especially the Spurs lad... who has a little temper tantrum. Do that in the PL and you're getting a multi game ban.

Spurs player is a little scrote. What was he like going at the ref like that after the red card? what a twat.
Lot of time for the Chelsea guy who lobbed the ball at the scrum.
Best part of the video.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
och ai, why did tha scoootsman end ooop witha kidnayyyy stooone?

because he danny drinkwater.

you're welcome.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
35 million 3 & half years ago. 12 games.

Madness.

I wonder why he’s wasted the peak of his career like this. He was a starter at a very decent Leicester team. He should have looked for a move after the first season, could have easily started for a midtable team 2 years ago. He’s done anyway, he’ll inevitably be released whenever his contract expires. Shocking piece of business by Chelsea.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
35 million 3 & half years ago. 12 games.

Madness.

I wonder why he’s wasted the peak of his career like this. He was a starter at a very decent Leicester team. He should have looked for a move after the first season, could have easily started for a midtable team 2 years ago. He’s done anyway, he’ll inevitably be released whenever his contract expires. Shocking piece of business by Chelsea.
My theory is the Leicester title win made him believe he arrived at the top level, a thought that i imagine was only further confirmed by his move to us, then when it started going wrong at Chelsea he didn't have the self motivation to revert back to being a journeyman once more.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
My theory is the Leicester title win made him believe he arrived at the top level, a thought that i imagine was only further confirmed by his move to us, then when it started going wrong at Chelsea he didn't have the self motivation to revert back to being a journeyman once more.
nah he's just a total twat, was with us too, Pearson just to speak about how he was a "complicated character"

GMoore23

Petr Cech has unretired or is that a tribute act in the longer clip?
That's him alright. Apparently he's come out of retirement as an emergency backup option for Chelsea in case of covid outbreak. Reports say he had a terrible game including a costly blunder for one of the goals. Totally past it.

galwayfa

Will the ban for the u23s effect him for 1st team, im sure they will want him at his peak when ban is over so they might give him a few minutes for first team,

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That's him alright. Apparently he's come out of retirement as an emergency backup option for Chelsea in case of covid outbreak. Reports say he had a terrible game including a costly blunder for one of the goals. Totally past it.
He had a fine game apart from the "costly blunder" (which was giving away a corner under no pressure).