Danny 'Local Lad' Welbeck

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Bloody hell I just found out he's 26! Here's me thinking he's still 23.
I remember the mid season break we took when he was sixteen! The buzz was amazing, shame how it turned out.

Ixion

I've never regretted selling him, he could score 2 hat-tricks today and I still wouldn't.

FujiVice

The day we got rid of him for Falcao is one of the worst decisions in our history.
Bit over the top. Would we honestly have done any better over the last 2 years with him at the club? He'd be still making appearances off the bench now.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I was worried about his knees when he was still at United and everything I've heard since makes me think he's heading down the same path as Ledley King. So, on that basis, I don't think we'll have any long term regrets.

Based purely on ability and potential I thought it was a stupid idea to let him go at all, never mind to a rival. Nothing I've seen at Arsenal has changed my mind on this.

WhoDaGOAT

Welbeck is a better squad player than Rooney and Lingard. He should never have been sold, given his age at the time.

Kag

From a human perspective, it's good to see him back playing again. The last two years of his career have been written off through injury, which nobody likes to see.

CG1010

I think he wanted gauranteed playing time and hence decided to leave?
This should be in the threat title so that everybody can see this and only then post. Will stop 50% of the bullshit atleast.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Some silly meme called 'salt bae' that'll die faster than the 'whip/nae nae' but it's not as shit as the 'dab'.
Now I want a steak!
The reversed video of him cutting up the meat is one of the strangest things I've seen in my life.

Raw

How about we share some memories about Welbeck at United? Like the time he took the lead against Mourinho's Real Madrid

He was so good in that game.

klayton88

More interesting, which many people may not know is that his dad Stan used to be a bomb disposal expert. Stan. Stan Wellbeck.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I wonder if he had stayed then was there a possibility that Jose could have shaped into a better striker? Like he has done with Herrera, Jones and Rojo for example.
I don't think so - not as a striker, at least. It's hard/impossible to teach that 'striker's instinct' that I don't think Welbeck has. While it's easier to improve players in defence/midfield as their game is a lot more regimented.

WhoDaGOAT

I think he wanted gauranteed playing time and hence decided to leave?
We had an ancient strike force and even Wilson was rated ahead of him. Lolz.

In reality, he should have been getting games ahead of Wilson and Falcao shouldn't have been loaned in.

But that's hindsight for you.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Maybe someone knew that he was so injury prone.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
lingard is happy being a lingard. Welbeck thought he should be starting every week for a club like us in striker position.
I don't have the stats, but I'd guess he's played more out wide for Arsenal than he has through the middle. I might be wrong, but before all those bad injuries, it seemed like he was nearly always on the wing for them, and that was one of major factors he wanted to leave United.

It was a strange move. He was playing a lot of football here, his boyhood club.

pacifictheme

Oh I'm absolutely delighted someone made a thread so that the same posters can moan about us letting him go now he's got a few goals again.
A bit like when a new thread is started about rooney and all the usual thickos turn up to slag him off.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Well let's wait and see if he is an every week starter or just the occassional cup game.
the fact Wenger rushed him back twice from long term injuries shows you how highly he rates him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Decent striker who's not good enough to command a regular starting spot for a top side with ambitions of winning the league.
true but the problem is he isnt a striker.....

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The day we got rid of him for Falcao is one of the worst decisions in our history.
Not even close.

Besides, better trying someone who at least once had it and could've potentially gotten it back rather than someone who never has and never will have it.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Letting him go was surely a mistake, even with his injury problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.