Danny Rose | Rose: "I will play up North before I retire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Can anyone summarise the last 29 pages for me or is it just people arguing with Glaston?
It's pretty much your basic Glaston vs himself vs the entire population of Redcafe affair, as per any thread involving Spurs and/or their players, so yeah, nothing to see beyond the first page. Everything you need to know is in the title.

Glaston did reveal that his main source of information on football related matters comes from a secret ITK guy or gal, of course the identity of this person/animal/intelligent lifeform remains a mystery at this point.

Rusholme Ruffian

As a neutral it's not the type of situation I enjoy seeing, it would be great to see a Spurs or somebody outside of the huge clubs win the league and that be the catalyst for them joining their elk in terms of stature and revenue and therefore being able to compete year-on-year, but unfortunately it just doesn't seem to work out that way.
Come on guys, elk, deer.......nobody???

Sheesh, tough crowd! :p

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
You are talking absoloute bollox again gaston

All is clear as crystal... you are just muddying the water because applying simple logic proved you were caught out talkin crap as always.

You distinctly stated that his frustrations are cause by his lack of playing due to injury and quoted lloris to back up your claim. He, himself, Rose clearly stated he wants to be paid what hes worth. Nothing else! Becaue spurs do not pay their players enough.
See there is your naritive, frustrated at not playing. Thats like saying i like to drive to work but i walk the dogs on tuesdays. One thing has nothing to do to the other... SO WHY QUOTE IT? There is no mention of the issues Rose raised.

Yer beat
No, I said his frustrations are partly caused by him not playing for several months, which is a pretty obvious, since any player will get frustrated at sitting on the sidelines for so long And I quoted Lloris, who clearly takes the same view. If you disagree with what Lloris said then take it up with him sunshine.

Yes, Rose said he wants to be paid more, but then so do most footballers. And yes, Rose thinks he's worth more, but then so do lots of footballers. The only difference is that Rose has been dumb enough to come out and say it publicly. But he's under contract, a contract he willingly signed just a short while ago, so he'll just have to suck it up.

I couldn't give rat's arse about whether or not you or anyone else thinks Spurs don't pay their players enough, but I suspect most of such criticisms are motivated by irritation that Spurs have assembled such a strong team for a fraction of what our rivals have spent.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No, I said his frustrations are partly caused by him not playing for several months, which is a pretty obvious, since any player will get frustrated at sitting on the sidelines for so long And I quoted Lloris, who clearly takes the same view. If you disagree with what Lloris said then take it up with him sunshine.

Yes, Rose said he wants to be paid more, but then so do most footballers. And yes, Rose thinks he's worth more, but then so do lots of footballers. The only difference is that Rose has been dumb enough to come out and say it publicly. But he's under contract, a contract he willingly signed just a short while ago, so he'll just have to suck it up.

I couldn't give rat's arse about whether or not you or anyone else thinks Spurs don't pay their players enough, but I suspect most of such criticisms are motivated by irritation that Spurs have assembled such a strong team for a fraction of what our rivals have spent.
That you believe Danny Rose's outburst was born out of frustration at being injured is just... wow.

Words cannot express.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
That you believe Danny Rose's outburst was born out of frustration at being injured is just... wow.

Words cannot express.
I said partly borne out of that yes. Lloris agrees with me ... so send all your "wows" to him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I said partly borne out of that yes. Lloris agrees with me ... so send all your "wows" to him.
Lloris is saying what he's been told to say by the club, just like that fake, half arsed, apology that Rose came out with.

Rose has acted extremely unprofessionally and deserves the wrath of the Spurs fans.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Lloris simply acted in the clubs best interests. A little PR work goes a long way (it clearly had you fooled)

The notion that the injury had even partially influenced his outburst is a ludicrous in the extreme. Literally thousands of players have suffered long term injuries over the years and you don't see them accusing their club of underpaying their players and showing a distinct lack of ambition in the transfer market. Danny Rose is clearly disillusioned with life at Spurs. The guy wants to be paid his market value and win trophies at the same time, neither of which he will get if he remains at Spurs.

Let's face it, if you were a Spurs player - underpaid, undervalued and trophyless - wouldn't you prefer a move north to either of the Manchester clubs, where he will be paid not only his weight in gold but have an increasingly higher chance of winning a trophy as well? Simple logic if you ask me. As much as i disagree with the manner in which he exposed his frustrations to the world, you can't fault the guys ambition. Maybe he is a potential United player after all. In fact, I think I want him now.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Lloris simply acted in the clubs best interests. A little PR work goes a long way (it clearly had you fooled)

The notion that the injury had even partially influenced his outburst is a ludicrous in the extreme. Literally thousands of players have suffered long term injuries over the years and you don't see them accusing their club of underpaying their players and showing a distinct lack of ambition in the transfer market. Danny Rose is clearly disillusioned with life at Spurs. The guy wants to be paid his market value and win trophies at the same time, neither of which he will get if he remains at Spurs.

Let's face it, if you were a Spurs player - underpaid, undervalued and trophyless - wouldn't you prefer a move north to either of the Manchester clubs, where he will be paid not only his weight in gold but have an increasingly higher chance of winning a trophy as well? Simple logic if you ask me. As much as i disagree with the manner in which he exposed his frustrations to the world, you can't fault the guys ambition. Maybe he is a potential United player after all. In fact, I think I want him now.
Too bad ... you'll just have to join the frustrated camp along with Rose. Enjoy.

Klopp_De_Klown

GlastonSpur said:
Here's what Llloris said about Rose's interview: " .... we understand his frustrations. It has been six or seven months he has been out of the team with an injury. The team is quiet about it. Danny made a mistake, he apologised and we move on. That's it. .... The commitment inside the squad is great".
GlastonSpur said:
* One player has expressed some unhappiness, but has not been fit to play for many months.
No, I said his frustrations are partly caused by him not playing for several months,
The top bit is a direct copy of your words. There is no "partly in, is there?

Please stop gaston, I told ya. You're beat!

Let it be the end now.

simmee

GlastonSpur said:
Here's what Llloris said about Rose's interview: " .... we understand his frustrations. It has been six or seven months he has been out of the team with an injury. The team is quiet about it. Danny made a mistake, he apologised and we move on. That's it. .... The commitment inside the squad is great".
GlastonSpur said:
* One player has expressed some unhappiness, but has not been fit to play for many months.
The top bit is a direct copy of your words. There is no "partly in, is there?

Please stop gaston, I told ya. You're beat!

Let it be the end now.
Are you really arguing over that? He didn't say it's the sole reason either, and to me it doesn't read like he's implying it either. Yes, Glaston is annoying at times but some of you guys are fecking obsessive.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Are you really arguing over that? He didn't say it's the sole reason either, and to me it doesn't read like he's implying it either. Yes, Glaston is annoying at times but some of you guys are fecking obsessive.
Absolutely true.

I've had posters trawling back over the content of my posts going back years, searching for the tiniest detail that they hope to "catch me out" on.

MrPooni

Independent and ESPN both carrying this story. Not worthy of the Twitter thread yet but I thought it was worth noting.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Not at that price, but not sure that is a realistic price. They might try to negotiate a part-exchange.
Do we want him enough to spend 50m?
Will be more than £50M, this is much different than the Walker transfer. Only one player I'd say we would be interested in and I'm pretty sure it's a non flyer. I don't think a single United fan would be happy to lose Martial for Rose.

El-Manos

Will be more than £50M, this is much different than the Walker transfer. Only one player I'd say we would be interested in and I'm pretty sure it's a non flyer. I don't think a single United fan would be happy to lose Martial for Rose.
We're talking about Rose mate not Roberto Carlos.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We're talking about Rose mate not Roberto Carlos.
Lol have u been under a rock? Walker was amacably sold for £50m odd. Rose is trying to force a move, you think we will turn belly up and wait to be tickled. He is currently injured and has no return date, certainly not before the window closes, has currently 4 years left on his contract. If there is a transfer it will be a big one.

El-Manos

Lol have u been under a rock? Walker was amacably sold for £50m odd. Rose is trying to force a move, you think we will turn belly up and wait to be tickled. He is currently injured and has no return date, certainly not before the window closes, has currently 4 years left on his contract. If there is a transfer it will be a big one.
I suppose i'm under the same rock as those that believe Spurs have a chance at getting Martial for £25m pounds? To be honest with you I don't really care either way. I have no interest in Spurs or their players.

Last edited:

TrebleFan99

I suppose i'm under the same rock with those that believe Spurs have a chance at getting Martial for £25m pounds? To be honest with you I don't really care either way. I have no interest in Spurs or their players.
Love this post. Well said.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I suppose i'm under the same rock with those that believe Spurs have a chance at getting Martial for £25m pounds? To be honest with you I don't really care either way. I have no interest in Spurs or their players.
I never said you had an interest and I'm not one that believes in the slightest that Martial is worth £25M. I very much doubt any bid was even made, an enquiry perhaps but I have absolutely no expectaion of getting Martial. I'm only responding to the thread.

El-Manos

I never said you had an interest and I'm not one that believes in the slightest that Martial is worth £25M. I very much doubt any bid was even made, an enquiry perhaps but I have absolutely no expectaion of getting Martial. I'm only responding to the thread.
Fair enough my man.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
But I thought this was a storm in a teacup?
If you believe the Daily Mirror, then your thoughts are supported. If you believe one or two other newspapers, then your thoughts are not supported.

But if you believe that most media stories concerning footballing issues are just click-bait, then you'll be wise beyond your years.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If the report is true and his relationship with Poch has disintegrated, I'm pretty sure we would not need to lose any of our players.

johnamiri

Supports
Liverpool
I don't get the Breakdown in relationship with Pochetino Bit. He wants more money. that is the start and finish of this argument. I never heard of him having any problem with Poch before. Similar like Coutinho and his breakdown with Klopp. Never heard about it until Barcelona water to sign him. I don't know why the players are not just up front and speak for themselves.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
No, because it would be mindbogglingly stupid. Martial is worth at least 2x Danny Rose. At least. Rose unlike Walker has come out and called it how it is, you can't keep these players, let alone sign top quality players, by not paying similar to everyone else. He's unhappy. Think Walker transfer was a bit more streamlined. I don't think we'd pay 50m for him and no, we wouldn't swap a better player either. But your manager might take one of our squad players as part-exchange, bearing in mind you can't sign top quality (in their prime) players because you don't pay enough.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
No, because it would be mindbogglingly stupid. Martial is worth at least 2x Danny Rose. At least. Rose unlike Walker has come out and called it how it is, you can't keep these players, let alone sign top quality players, by not paying similar to everyone else. He's unhappy. Think Walker transfer was a bit more streamlined. I don't think we'd pay 50m for him and no, we wouldn't swap a better player either. But your manager might take one of our squad players as part-exchange, bearing in mind you can't sign top quality (in their prime) players because you don't pay enough.
He really isn't.

Rose is one of the best LBs in Europe and part of the first XI in a team that finished in 2nd place in the league, whilst Martial struggles to get starts in a team than finished in 6th.

Moreover, LB is a slot that's weak for United, whereas you have good alternatives to Martial.

Dion

He really isn't.

Rose is one of the best LBs in Europe and part of the first XI in a team that finished in 2nd place in the league, whilst Martial struggles to get starts in a team than finished in 6th.

Moreover, LB is a slot that's weak for United, whereas you have good alternatives to Martial.
Yes, because losing someone as freakishly talented as Martial for a 27 year old leftback who at his age couldn't break into a shit Spurs side would be sensible.

It's not like we already have 3 leftbacks either.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He really isn't.

Clearly this horrific statement needs addressing, I just don't have the mental strength to do so.

The team that finished 6th? Oh yeah, I remember, that's the team that won 3 trophies last season, the same one that Danny Rose would love to join, Eric Dier too.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Yes, because losing someone as freakishly talented as Martial for a 27 year old leftback who at his age couldn't break into a shit Spurs side would be sensible.

It's not like we already have 3 leftbacks either.
If Martial is so "freakishly talented", how come he's not a regular part of United's starting XI?

The maths are pretty obvious: LB is a weak spot in your team (having 3 of them makes no difference since none are that good), whilst Martial is not exactly a key player for United (if he was, he'd be starting every week).

It's a long-shot deal, but the only way that Rose goes to United is if Martial comes the other way. If you think Mourinho hasn't thought about it, you're only kidding yourself.

United Pro

If Martial is so "freakishly talented", how come he's not a regular part of United's starting XI?

The maths are pretty obvious: LB is a weak spot in your team (having 3 of them makes no difference since none are that good), whilst Martial is not exactly a key player for United (if he was, he'd be starting every week).

It's a long-shot deal, but the only way that Rose goes to United is if Martial comes the other way. If you think Mourinho hasn't thought about it, you're only kidding yourself.
The answer to your question is pretty obvious in Mourinho. Last season, when Martial had an average game he was subsequently dropped for about 2/3 games and that can further dent anyone's confidence.
I'm a big fan of Rose and he is arguably the best LB in the league, but there's no way I judge Rose's market value as anywhere close to Martial's. Rose is at his peak at 27 and is a full back (market value of full backs are considerably lower than wingers), while Martial is only 21, cost £40 odd million already with that value likely to rise further in add ons and in his first season proved that he was well worth that fee. Yes, Rose is in the first team and Martial isn't, but Madrid proved with their sale of Morata that there's value in the market for quality players that weren't regularly playing in the first team.

Dion

Because he's 21. If Martial was that unimpressive you wouldn't be jizzing after him.

Shaw is a fine player, it's a risk on the injury front but that's about it.

I'm sure he has thought about it and thought "what a fecking stupid idea"

Status
Not open for further replies.