Danny Welbeck | 2011-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
The type of player the British love. Runs about alot but is totally devoid of any touch, technique or finishing ability. His scoring record is appalling. A big favourite of Ferguson it seems and as a result will probably be the cause of both Berbatov and Hernandez leaving, both of whom are far superior players.
You haven't really watched him play, have you?
Just today he showed some really classy touches and played a part in some wonderful moves, especially down the left.

Giggsforever

You haven't really watched him play, have you?
Just today he showed some really classy touches and played a part in some wonderful moves, especially down the left.
His touches when he is running with the ball is not always great and he needs to set him self up better for finishes. His general technique is good though.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Once again one of our better players on the pitch, apart from defenders he was my MOTM today.

But, as always, in month or two people will say he had poor games against Liverpool and Tottenham because they don't remember him scoring.

AlwaysRedwood

Once again one of our better players on the pitch, apart from defenders he was my MOTM today.

But, as always, in month or two people will say he had poor games against Liverpool and Tottenham because they don't remember him scoring.
i'll actually say it now. He did not have a very good game. He was okay. That's it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Agreed 100%. His turning with the ball, passing and work rate is the best from all others. He's progressing really well.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Danny earned praise today. Yes, we all want to see him score more, but until he does he's still contributing big time in other ways.

As fantastic as he is, if I were Danny I'd definitely watch my back. Angelo Henriquez is wasting no time making a name for himself.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I can't understand how anyone after watching Welbeck regularly can say he's devoid of touch and technique. Bloody hell.
Posts such as that are becoming all too regular and a big part of why I'm falling out of love with the football forums on this board.

I can't decide if people are just idiots, WUMMING or if I'm just getting old. But it's all becoming so tiresome.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Danny has this gallop style run with his long strides and is a lot quicker than you would expect of him. He isn't the greatest finisher yet but I think that will come with regular games, he plays good football and at 22 you know hes going to get a lot better.

emaveric

there are couple of occasion he could have pass to Kagawa who in a better position to score. Dont get me wrong, this boy is talented & blessed with abundance of energy but some of his decision is very poor. He will get better though

The Neviller

Posts such as that are becoming all too regular and a big part of why I'm falling out of love with the football forums on this board.

I can't decide if people are just idiots, WUMMING or if I'm just getting old. But it's all becoming so tiresome.
Might be all three. I think it's all three as far as I'm concerned. And it's definitely tiresome.

I blame Football Manager, everyone is a fecking expert these days.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I thought, as usual this season, he was fantastic in every facet of the game bar the one that really, really counts: In the opposition box.

After that glorious run in the first half he had an absolutely piss easy cut-back for Kagawa to put us 2-0 up but screwed it up.

No composure in the final third. I know it can and will come, but it's frustrating to see all his good build-up play inevitably lead to him screwing things up. He's panicking in the box and it's probably some kind of mental block he needs to overcome.

I still maintain he'll be a wonderful player who'll start every week for us some time.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Some of yesterday's/today's posts are so incredibly bad that I can't be bothered to reply directly to them. Apparently, Welbeck is a clogger, and De Gea - often the coolest man on the pitch - is so flakey that we should sell him. FFS...

Phil

Just to say, I think his general play has really improved. Would agree with everyone's sentiments regarding the final third though.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Some of yesterday's/today's posts are so incredibly bad that I can't be bothered to reply directly to them. Apparently, Welbeck is a clogger, and De Gea - often the coolest man on the pitch - is so flakey that we should sell him. FFS...
:lol: Don't blame the newbies, Steve.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:D Selling your best player and buying mediocre usually doesn't work well, Steve. See Arsenal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The type of player the British love. Runs about alot but is totally devoid of any touch, technique or finishing ability. His scoring record is appalling. A big favourite of Ferguson it seems and as a result will probably be the cause of both Berbatov and Hernandez leaving, both of whom are far superior players.
Of the things you highlighted, the only thing he lacks is finishing ability. He has great technique and a very good touch, and basically his best quality is his control with the ball. You could have highlighted other things like decision making perhaps, or using his body properly, as well as finishing obviously but you choose to mention two of his best qualities and say he has no touch or technique? :lol:
Don't think you're watching the same Welbeck as the rest of us.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We all love Chicharito, but no way in hell is he a superior technician to Danny.

AlwaysRedwood

We all love Chicharito, but no way in hell is he a superior technician to Danny.
Apples and oranges.

One you believe can get you 2 goals a game easily when he steps on the pitch. The other has one goal all season.

At this point it's almost like comparing Ole to Rio.

I think Welbeck will become a great player but I don't much like seeing him start against top 4 opponents.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's been disappointing this year, which of course will get swept under the carpet because he's a youth product. 1 goal in 15 appearances is poor.

Eriku

The skills is there for all to see... He'll get his composure and he'll be bloody world class by the time he's 25 at this rate!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's frustrating because he's got everything apart from looking dangerous inside the box.
I'm not even saying he should be scoring more, in order to do that he has to first hit the target on a regular basis and he doesn't do that nearly enough.He doesn't produce enough dangerous shots for him to have a hope of improving his scoring record.Apart from that, he's got so much to his game it's really promising.

Moby

Dick
He's been disappointing this year, which of course will get swept under the carpet because he's a youth product. 1 goal in 15 appearances is poor.
His finishing, or the lack of it, has been highlighted a lot, which is a shame since he contributes so much in the overall attacking play of our team. A lot of the movement and interplay in the final third happens because of his movement and understanding with others. Every game we have him along with RVP and someone like Kagawa or Cleverley working in triangles and putting together some great moves, which is frankly very refreshing from the same old "give it to Valencia and see what happens". His composure can be worked on and he has shown at times that he has a good technique to finish, and the rest of his play is without a doubt vital to the energy and movement up front.

He will be an absolute monster once he brings an end product to his game.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Whatever he does or doesn't do, he needs to start adding goals to his repertoire. Very soon. We may keep raving about his skills, the touches and the flicks, but at the end, as a striker, if he doesn't have enough goals in him, then there isn't any point. 1 goal in 22 apps this season. That is a very poor return from a striker by any means.

Godfather

Whatever he does or doesn't do, he needs to start adding goals to his repertoire. Very soon. We may keep raving about his skills, the touches and the flicks, but at the end, as a striker, if he doesn't have enough goals in him, then there isn't any point. 1 goal in 22 apps this season. That is a very poor return from a striker by any means.
This

Mad Winger

He would could become so brilliant if he improved his final pass/shot.

I agree that he's best as a wide forward(modern winger, if you like). His end game is not good enough to consistently cause trouble in the center, but as a wide forward his constant running, strength and decent technique can be hard to deal with for defenders. Especially with the likes of Evra, Kagawa, and Cleverley giving him support.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I think Welbeck will become a great player but I don't much like seeing him start against top 4 opponents.
Personally I prefer to see him starting against the bigger sides. In a way he is developing into the new Ji Sung Park. Obviously he plays a different position but his work rate and all round team ethic is vital in games where we have to worry about the opposition more.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Ffs. He wasnt even playing as a striker.

finneh

He's an "almost" player at the moment. He'll do something positive and then cock up the final pass, or get into a good position and cock up the shot. Unfortunately without any end product or decent decision making, any good work is often undone/irrelevant.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Danny was fantastic yesterday, was roasting walker all game! great play to pick out cleverley for our goal aswell.

Sure he can become more clinical, but that will come with experience.

Swaters16

Personally I prefer to see him starting against the bigger sides. In a way he is developing into the new Ji Sung Park. Obviously he plays a different position but his work rate and all round team ethic is vital in games where we have to worry about the opposition more.
Yeah he actually seems to play most big games. He always delivers, puts in everything he can and usually has a good game against the top teams. SAF trusts him a lot. If anything he won't start against the smaller teams because he can't be relied on for goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.