Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

It was an absolutely ridiculous decision to sell him, and now we're going to watch Arsenal reap the benefits that should be ours. This thread is going to be bumped a hell of a lot over the next 5 years, I guarantee it.

LVG has massively massively ballsed this one up. Terrible decision.

Shark

@NotShark
Because that player cost three times as much, is five years older, and hasn't been at the level you're saying for nearly a year now due to injuries.

Obviously people are concerned. I am.
Jesus christ, do you realise the player you're talking about is part of your username? Falcao? who cares if he's five years older, Welbeck will never get anywhere close to his level. He's also scored around three or four goals since coming back for Monaco.

saivet

Happy for him. I hope he does well and doesn't pick up too many points while he's at it. I was upset at the time and I sort of still am but with Falcao in, ultimately I think the move made sense to all parties.

Mali_Zeus

I was against us selling him but some people were overreacting. Nice 2 goals but as some people said, he used to score a few for England but then missing chances for United. Who knows, maybe he'll be a hit at Arsenal, but maybe he wont. People take for granted he'll score 15, 20 goals for Arsenal.
If Falcao, RVP and Rooney outscore Arsenal strikers, including Danny I wont care how good was his year at Arsenal, even if he scores about 15 goals or whatever number.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Feck sake. So obvious we're gonna regret this hugely. I had just gotten over him leaving and then he reminds me again.

santeria13

Sublemon
I would have been all for the idea of starting him every game
Indeed. I genuinely believe he has more to offer than either RVP or Rooney right now and would have partnered Falcao better than both if we are to remain with two strikers.

Oneunited26

We have lost a really good player. What more is there to read into?
well our current strikers with welbeck sold, do seem to come across has the foolish man who built his house on sand, both rooney and RVP not quiet the players they once were, we are not sure how falcao will fair after his current injury. Even if falcao has a stellar season, I cannot see united paying 50 million for someone almost 30, so we got a problem next summer.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I was against us selling him but some people were overreacting. Nice 2 goals but as some people said, he used to score a few for England but then missing chances for United. Who knows, maybe he'll be a hit at Arsenal, but maybe he wont. If Falcao, RVP and Rooney outscore Arsenal strikers, including Danny I wont care how good was his year at Arsenal.

I reckon Welbeck will outscore them all.

Cina

Jesus christ, do you realise the player you're talking about is part of your username? Falcao? who cares if he's five years older, Welbeck will never get anywhere close to his level. He's also scored around three or four goals since coming back for Monaco.
I'm well aware that Falcao is vastly superior to Welbeck at his best (which I'm hoping he still is) but it's still hard not to critique certain aspects of this. I don't like that we've sold a 23 year old talent like Danny to a direct rival at all.

Steven Seagull

From a situation he created for himself.
Yeah. Typically brilliant work from him. It's nothing new though, he's always been such a handful to play against and that little passage was quite typical of him.

His composure on the ball has always been spot on which is why I've rarely doubted it would eventually come together in the final 3rd and take him to another level

Rossa

It was an absolutely ridiculous decision to sell him, and now we're going to watch Arsenal reap the benefits that should be ours. This thread is going to be bumped a hell of a lot over the next 5 years, I guarantee it.

LVG has massively massively ballsed this one up. Terrible decision.
I don't think there can be any denying this. I think there's another English chap playing striker who should've been sold instead. Welbeck has all the ingredients that a striker at United need, minus the clinical finishing, but playing alongside RVP or Falcao, I'm not even sure that would be such an issue.

Great sale!

Raw

Just when I was about to get over it he goes and does that. I used to love it when Welbeck scored for England, proving the doubters wrong and all that.

Next game can't come soon enough.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He scores for England, he always did when he was here. Lets see him score for Arsenal. I doubt he'll score more than 10 goals this season to be honest.

Oneunited26

Indeed. I genuinely believe he has more to offer than either RVP or Rooney right now and would partner Falcao better than both if we are to remain with two strikers.
The fact VG was determined to try and fit in 3 one paced players in rooney RVP and mata, when none of them offer anything with pace or power, welbeck I could see atleast being a better option than RVP atleast, especially with falcao signed

Cina

Exactly my point. People overreacting. Welbeck outscoring Falcao, Rooney and RVP?

Really..?
Well he probably could, we'll probably rotate between all 3, Arsenal might use him as their main striker all season.

Far-fetched maybe but not unfeasible.

m1y2

In two years we will probably pay ridiculous money for another striker, yeah good philosophy..

Sam

I don't think there can be any denying this. I think there's another English chap playing striker who should've been sold instead. Welbeck has all the ingredients that a striker at United need, minus the clinical finishing, but playing alongside RVP or Falcao, I'm not even sure that would be such an issue.

Great sale!
Indeed.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm well aware that Falcao is vastly superior to Welbeck at his best (which I'm hoping he still is) but it's still hard not to critique certain aspects of this. I don't like that we've sold a 23 year old talent like Danny to a direct rival at all.
We probably would have kept him if he wanted to stay, but he didn't, he wanted to go to a rival, what can you do? the bottom line is, we got the better deal and as I've said before, these two goals tonight prove very little. I'm not scared in the slightest.

Kag

Why are some people still discussing him as if he misses great chances every week? He doesn't, and he hasn't for over a year now. It's lazy rhetoric based on mud that has stuck.

Weird Fishes

Strange mix of being absolutely delighted for him and heartbreak :( Big mistake to let him go

Cina

We probably would have kept him if he wanted to stay, but he didn't, he wanted to go to a rival, what can you do? the bottom line is, we got the better deal and as I've said before, these two goals tonight prove very little. I'm not scared in the slightest.
That, is as yet, unproven.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Exactly my point. People overreacting. Welbeck outscoring Falcao, Rooney and RVP?

Really..?
He'll be first choice up front. Our three will be competing for spots. Rooney will be playing pretty deep most of the time. Welbeck will suit Arsenal's style of play and they will create a bucket of chances with Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Ox and Walcott. I'm not saying I agree that Welbeck will outscore them but it's hardly that outlandish a claim.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yeah. Typically brilliant work from him. It's nothing new though, he's always been such a handful to play against and that little passage was quite typical of him.

His composure on the ball has always been spot on which is why I've rarely doubted it would eventually come together in the final 3rd and take him to another level
Yup. What really fecks me off is that you could see it coming together last season. Which makes the timing of his exit so hard to take. Either Van Gaal didn't listen to the right people or the right people gave him the wrong advice. I guess this is the sort of thing that happens when you get on the managerial merry-go-round. Really cocking annoying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.