Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

Was never going to be good enough to lead the line for Manchester United, good luck Danny.

ZDwyr

This sucks. He will go well there. Big mistake.

Litch

Sure, but Welbeck has been excellent at pressuring teams early and working his way back to get balls and get us moving forward. He also offers a different dimension compared to RVP, Rooney and Falcao with his pace. Given that he's only 23, there's no reason not to believe that he can become a solid goal scorer as well.

I'm not arguing whether he should be played over RVP or Rooney anyways. I'm just pointing out that as a 3rd/4th striker, he's more than solid enough and we could really use him given how injury prone both RVP and Rooney are.
We are going forward not backward. These decisions are about how we hope to play. We obviously don't need a Welbeck going forward (excuse the pun). He simply doesn't score enough goals.....

Wayne's World

Sad to see Danny go, he's a Manchester lad through and through so we really must have forced him to do this

He will sadly do well at Arsenal and probably make us look like mugs in the end :'(

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Shame. If he really wanted consistent first team football then it can't be helped but it's sad to see a talented academy player leave, especially as he had plenty to offer to the team.

rotherham_red

Time will tell. Who do you think Kompany or Terry would sooner be playing against?
Put it this way, Welbeck has more facets to his game than any of the big three strikers we have atm, especially in our almost non-existent tactical set up atm. His intelligence in taking up positions and unselfish play in the final third, in that Arsenal set up is potentially lethal.

Ludens the Red

Good stuff United, strengthen a team better than you, likely to be challenging for a top 4 spot, facing 5 months without a senior centre forward, genius United move.

Get In Scholesy

To be honest, I don't think I can like him anymore. I really feel betrayed, he was one of my favourite players, can't see myself giving a shit about him anymore. Forcing a move and all that. If I was Welbeck I would have stayed and fought for my place like so many other players have done for us in the past, a la Solskjaer.

DeMono

I hope he does badly there (more like Arsenal doing badly). Remember he chose to go and he is going to a team contending for top 4. We have to cut ties from now.

Bye bye, you're not D-a-t guy anymore.

Dante

Average bang
I hope he wins nothing at the Emirates and then comes back one day to lead us to the treble.

rotherham_red

Is your criteria strictly black PL based strikers? There'll be plenty of good strikers about, Wilson looks a big talent on the academy front and Falcao and Rooney will both be 30 so should have a few more years in them. We're about to sign Falcao and you're worried we won't be able to find a good striker again in a couple of years?
Please read my previous reply. Wilson goes without saying, but we have to have a squad. We will need to replace those three strikers with at least 2 who are of similar ilk. Looking at the other leagues in Europe, I don't see one anywhere near on the horizon.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Big mistake from the club letting him go for a mercenary on a one year loan. This is the first decision of LVG that has me really pissed off.

Get In Scholesy

If he really wanted to push the move, it can prove to be telling of his mental strength or lack there of, which makes him incapable of being a prominent player for Man United. Perhaps Van Gaal saw that.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why? Really thought him and van Gaal would suit eachother. 16m is on the low side of fair imo.

justboy68

Bye Danny. I would say good luck but I wouldn't really mean it because we can't have Arsenal doing well.

PvsNP

Good luck to him. I hope he comes back one day as a better player and achieves the success he always wanted.

mancan92

Man this one hurts because he's going to arsenal. If it was Tottenham I'd be OK with it. But it makes me sick seeing him play for them. I don't even have arsenal. Also stupid business by us again. Why sell him to your big rivals?

Status
Not open for further replies.