g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I hope he does badly there (more like Arsenal doing badly). Remember he chose to go and he is going to a team contending for top 4. We have to cut ties from now.

Bye bye, you're not D-a-t guy anymore.
:lol:

Mister_Stubbs

Jesus, you'd think that LVG has just killed your cat judging by the overreaction in here.

Sweet Square

Wilson goes without saying. It's a squad game. You can't expect him to carry the whole goalscoring burden on his own. We are going to need at least two quality strikers being brought in by the time the big three retire, and in the age range of Wilson to Welbeck, I cannot think of one who comes close to the full package that Welbeck provided, and Wilson will possibly provide.
Rooney will finish his career here as will RVP and if we get top 4 then Falcao could be here for 3-4 years. It going to be a long time before we are going to need another striker yet alone a young one.

I think selling Welbeck is LVG looking long term as it looks like he rated Wilson over Danny. So for all we know Danny could of been 4th choice and that's really no good to anyone. It's a difficult situation to be in but sadly that's what happens a big clubs now.

Impossible to keep every player happy

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Strange few days. Kagawa, Hernandez and now Welbeck. All fringe but never given a huge amount of time to prove themselves. Best for all of them that they've moved on but sad to see nevertheless. Liked them all and all seemed like good guys. Semi-good luck to him.

Edit... Hi to the goonersworld guys who appear to be following the thread. I think you've got a great deal here.

Sam

I've honestly never felt this shit about losing a player, even Ronaldo was easier to stomach. I've been advocating Welbz on here for years now, backing him against the people who just couldn't see 'it' and I honestly thought he would go on to be a proper legend at United. Looks like he's going to do it all in an Arsenal shirt now. Absolutely gutted and sick to my stomach.

This isn't what United should be about.

slir32

Gutted to see him go but it is the best move for him. He will not get regular game time here as he is not at that level yet to cement the #1 striker spot at United. I'm sure he will do well at Arsenal, good luck Danny (not Arsenal).

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I just can't dislike this guy.
And though I don't rate him quite as highly as some, now that he's actually gone to Arsenal, I'm sad to see it happening.

He'll probably feint within a few minutes of his first game - at the shock of getting the ball passed accurately to his feet so much.

Ludens the Red

We could have been playing against Arsenal in November with So-no-goals instead we're going to play against a Welbeck with a point to prove.

Glanville95

I am absolutely devastated about this. Haven't been this sad about a player departure in a long while.

Hope he does well at Arsenal and I think he really will.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He's been here ages and ages!

Remember that first goal against Stoke in 2008?

Really thought he could still make an impact here. I suppose first team Football at a club like Arsenal is too good to turn down.

Good luck Danny.

Spark

Strange few days. Kagawa, Hernandez and now Welbeck. All fringe but never given a huge amount of time to prove themselves. Best for all of them that they've moved on but sad to see nevertheless. Liked them all and all seemed like good guys. Semi-good luck to him.
Was all up for a summer clear out.

Just not them (although I 'understand').

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
We've let Hernandez, Welbeck and Kagawa go but kept Anderson, Cleverley and Fellaini.

Just let that sink in. And then cry with me for a while.

Castia

Decent fee and he's been replaced by a much better player, I'm delighted.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
He's going to do really well there. Surprised you sold him tbh

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
If he really wanted to push the move, it can prove to be telling of his mental strength or lack there of, which makes him incapable of being a prominent player for Man United. Perhaps Van Gaal saw that.
Hang on, so BECAUSE welbeck didn't stay to sit on the bench, he lacks mental strength?

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
We've let Hernandez, Welbeck and Kagawa go but kept Anderson, Cleverley and Fellaini.

More accurately we couldn't shift the last three out. Big difference. We wanted them gone, but either couldn't find a suitor, they refused or got injured at an unfortunate time.

Sam

Utterly fecking depressing.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
:lol: You would have to be deluded to think we didn't try and foist off the last 3 somewhere.

Only an idiot would have a cry or get depressed over it.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bad I always felt he would become a great player here.

Get In Scholesy

Its either he develops and turns out to be the prolific striker his fans think he will be. Or he will turn out to be the player his doubters think he will be, aka nothing special. As a neutral now, It will be interesting to see how it turns out for him.

Dion

fecking hate football sometimes, utter cnuts the lot of them.

justboy68

Please read my previous reply. Wilson goes without saying, but we have to have a squad. We will need to replace those three strikers with at least 2 who are of similar ilk. Looking at the other leagues in Europe, I don't see one anywhere near on the horizon.
We don't know the other European leagues well enough though. That's why we can name good potential players from the PL but not elsewhere. There is talent emerging all the time, many just won't have built a reputation yet, would you have been able to point out Diego Costa as a future top striker 3 years ago? Don't worry about it, we have huge pull and will attract some of the best players of the future. Welbeck wants to be first choice up front but it wasn't going to happen, disappointed we are letting him go to Arse though. Maybe we are being too nice to our players, where many clubs would have forced him to stay until they get an offer that works for the club, probably explains why we don't seem to get good money on our sales too.

Moby

Dick

As if it is in our hands. We can't sell a player unless someone makes an acceptable bid and matches their wages.

DeMono

Fergie must be feeling sad. There is a reason why Welbeck was played against Bayern (done really well), against Madrid etc.He offers things our current strikers don't have, pace.

Will Singh

*** guy Welbz!

Sad day, will be missed, gutted, but shit happens and he is got a good opitunity to prove himself at top level.

Wish him all the best...

Status
Not open for further replies.