Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'm not saying we didn't try to flog them, the fact they are still here but the other better players we sold/loaned out is what is pissing me off.
That's generally what happens in anything to do with supply or demand. People will buy the stuff that is generally good, while your shit products will remain because no one wants them. Welcome to one of life's lessons.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be honest, I don't think I can like him anymore. I really feel betrayed, he was one of my favourite players, can't see myself giving a shit about him anymore. Forcing a move and all that. If I was Welbeck I would have stayed and fought for my place like so many other players have done for us in the past, a la Solskjaer.
To be fair to fight for a place against Rooney, Falcao and RVP is almost mission impossible for any players out there.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
For all the "believe in the youth" that LVG talked about earlier in the summer, the average age of our strike force has gone up drastically today. We'll have to buy again in the next two years as well.

Depressing to see the Manchester lad get let go after not getting a real chance. If Sir Alex had stayed another year, he'd have at least given Welbeck a proper go after getting rid of Rooney. The club would have been better off.

Kostur

海尔的老板
We've let Hernandez, Welbeck and Kagawa go but kept Anderson, Cleverley and Fellaini.

Just let that sink in. And then cry with me for a while.
Nobody wanted Anderson because nobody is that fecking stupid, Cleverley expected some idiotic wages from small clubs ( not that he deserves such anyway ) and Fellaini is injured.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
This is shit.

It's shit, but he wasn't going to be first choice and with Falcao coming in he was falling even further down the pecking order. In fairness he is entitled to want first team football. It can't have been an easy decision for him, but it's completely understandable.

I actually think he'll be a huge success there. He'll be played up front, week in, week out. He's going to get 20+ league goals for them and could be a big reasons Arsenal will secure a top 4 spot, leaving us and Liverpool fighting over the other place. I think our squad, when we get everyone fit shits all over Liverpool's, but we've given them a head start and are seriously low on confidence. I think we're pretty close to a squad capable of challenging for the title... but we need to get going straight after the international break.

ZDwyr

I've honestly never felt this shit about losing a player, even Ronaldo was easier to stomach. I've been advocating Welbz on here for years now, backing him against the people who just couldn't see 'it' and I honestly thought he would go on to be a proper legend at United. Looks like he's going to do it all in an Arsenal shirt now. Absolutely gutted and sick to my stomach.

This isn't what United should be about.
I feel the exact same. Gutted.

DeMono

Danny has more premier league medals than all the players at Arsenal combined! :lol:

Everyone looking up to him...

Loublaze

ATLien
I've honestly never felt this shit about losing a player, even Ronaldo was easier to stomach. I've been advocating Welbz on here for years now, backing him against the people who just couldn't see 'it' and I honestly thought he would go on to be a proper legend at United. Looks like he's going to do it all in an Arsenal shirt now. Absolutely gutted and sick to my stomach.

I feel your pain. Its left a sour taste in my mouth, even after this good transfer window. It like a little piece of my soul has been sucked out.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
To be honest, I don't think I can like him anymore. I really feel betrayed, he was one of my favourite players, can't see myself giving a shit about him anymore. Forcing a move and all that. If I was Welbeck I would have stayed and fought for my place like so many other players have done for us in the past, a la Solskjaer.
Maybe he figured because he's been at the club since he was a kid and has yet to get a real shot at the first team, it was never going to happen.

IceDevil

Noooooooooo I wanted Welbeck and Cleverley to stay... Good that Tom stays but it looks so unreal that Danny's gone, to the Arse!! I'm really fecking gutted..

walsh

Completely agree with you and I share your pain.

Loublaze

ATLien
Surely if the club were thinking long term there's no way this move would be sanctioned.

SteveW

Danny seems like a great lad and should have been here for years to come. It's a short sighted decision which we'll regret in time.

Selling a quality young player to a direct rival is not what this club is about. Were becoming a joke of a club. I miss SAF and Gill :(:(:(:(

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
This is shit.

It's shit, but he wasn't going to be first choice and with Falcao coming in he was falling even further down the pecking order. In fairness he is entitled to want first team football. It can't have been an easy decision for him, but it's completely understandable.

I actually think he'll be a huge success there. He'll be played up front, week in, week out. He's going to get 20+ league goals for them and could be a big reasons Arsenal will secure a top 4 spot, leaving us and Liverpool fighting over the other place. I think our squad, when we get everyone fit shits all over Liverpool's, but we've given them a head start and are seriously low on confidence. I think we're pretty close to a squad capable of challenging for the title... but we need to get going straight after the international break.
You think he will score more than 20 goals in, at most, 35 games?

Litch

Put it this way, Welbeck has more facets to his game than any of the big three strikers we have atm, especially in our almost non-existent tactical set up atm. His intelligence in taking up positions and unselfish play in the final third, in that Arsenal set up is potentially lethal.
So your saying your assessment of a player is better than the managers? If he thought Danny was good enough, he'd still be here.....

Sam

Selling a quality young player to a direct rival is not what this club is about. Were becoming a joke of a club. I miss SAF and Gill :(:(:(:(
The official tweet is disgusting as well.

Loublaze

ATLien
I can't even get excited about Wilson's prospects in this team. I don't think too many of our youth players have much to be encouraged about.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
You think he will score more than 20 goals in, at most, 35 games?
I do. I really think he's a quality striker. I think Arsenal have got a great deal. He'll be first choice for them and they have some brilliant players in midfield/attack who will create chances for them. I think he was good enough to make it here, but was never going to get his chance.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Gutted, love Welbeck.

I've got the feeling we'll end up regretting this. Watch him do what Sturridge did when he left Chelsea...

Wish him all the best.

JSMHE

Arsenal is pretty much not letting Welbeck to come back to us that easy. 5 years contract.

SteveW

This is really fecking painful for me. I've watched this kid come through the ranks since he was 15. He's what the club was all about for me.

The official tweet is disgusting as well.
PR spin at its worst. :( His game is about so much more than goals.

rotherham_red

Rooney will finish his career here as will RVP and if we get top 4 then Falcao could be here for 3-4 years. It going to be a long time before we are going to need another striker yet alone a young one.

I think selling Welbeck is LVG looking long term as it looks like he rated Wilson over Danny. So for all we know Danny could of been 4th choice and that's really no good to anyone. It's a difficult situation to be in but sadly that's what happens a big clubs now.

Impossible to keep every player happy
I think you are being a tad bit optimistic regarding RVP and Rooney. Both of them are on the way down. Rooney especially, looks like a Sunday league level player more often than not. If there was one striker to turf out, it should have been him last year when Chelsea offered big money plus Mata. As it happens, we spunk close to 40m on Mata six months later and give Rooney a contract his performances have never deserved. He's getting Messi-level wages without Messi-level performances. Just let that sink in.
RVP's injury record means its more likely than not he'll provide us with another 2-3 years, maximum of service. Falcao is another who is touch and go too, his injury record pre-Atleti was just as bad as RVP's. In fact, Atleti was the only club who he had a consistent run with.

So as I said, it's a short term view which will ensure that further unnecessary expenditure will be required, when all that was really needed was good man management and medium, never mind long, term planning.

Litch

Danny seems like a great lad and should have been here for years to come. It's a short sighted decision which we'll regret in time.

We sign Di Maria arguably the most underrated player at Real and watch how much they miss him this season, and the best player in the Dutch league last season, and Falcao before the injury probably was the best no9 in the world....and your calling the club?

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
I do. I really think he's a quality striker. I think Arsenal have got a great deal. He'll be first choice for them and they have some brilliant players in midfield/attack who will create chances for them. I think he was good enough to make it here, but was never going to get his chance.
I agree that it's a good deal for Arsenal and I think selling him could be a mistake but I think he'll be doing very well to get 15 goals for them. He just doesn't have the instinct of a top striker, IMO.

Sam

To any of those gutted with Welbeck leaving, don't watch any of his youtube videos. It makes it worse :(.
Yeah, already made that mistake :(

I fecking loved Danny. This is shit. Now I know what its like for other teams fans when we come in and take their players.

SteveW

We sign Di Maria arguably the most underrated player at Real and watch how much they miss him this season, and the best player in the Dutch league last season, and Falcao before the injury probably was the best no9 in the world....and your calling the club?
Di Maria and Falcao are phenomenal players. We didn't need to sell Welbeck to bring them in though. He's been our best striker this season and should have been first choice on current form. Were too busy trying to fit all the big names in to actually get our most effective team on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.