Danny Welbeck | Arsenal player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Are you like a United lawyer? start acting like a normal fan and call this a shit deal.
Erm, it's a shit deal. The club are cnuts. How dare we let a player who wanted to leave and who we weren't playing leave, and to the actual club he wanted to go to, because...Football's shit? Also I love Danny so I wanted him to go and sit on the bench for a couple more seasons.

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
He's the perfect player to bring goalscoring midfielders/wingers into the game. Sanchez, Walcott and Ramsey are going to benefit hugely. Even if he doesn't score 30+ himself, he's worth that overall because of what he brings to the rest to the team. Unlike players like Heskey or Carroll, Danny is an incredibly clever player and fantastic at retaining possession. He's not a selfish striker in the traditional sense, but he brings a lot to the table that isn't usually expected of an old-school striker.

If the only thing you want from your centre forward is a goal scorer you might be disappointed. But if you change your definition of centre forward to someone who helps the team score goals, he's as good as anyone. He'll also bag a fair few himself, mind you.

ZDwyr

It's even harder because he was such a United fan :(. We let him go despite making the guy that threatened to leave twice our captain and giving him wages that don't reflect his performances. RvP looks a shadow of his former self too. Life just isn't fair.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Shame that we let him go permanently. I would have preferred to loan him out for a season and then have him back in our squad, though I can understand his wish to be playing full time. Hopefully he does well for them (bar against us), as I think given game time up front he will go on to be a quality striker.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
End of last season if I remember rightly.
Indeed. Though they'd began to gather traction properly in the last few weeks. It's even quite plauisble Falcao was done because Welbeck (and to a lesser extent Chicho) wanted to leave.

Walters_19_MuFc

Heartbroken I am lol. Even though we signed Falcao, and had arguably our best ever Summer transfer window, Danny leaving Utd has made me feel like shit. He was part of the furniture.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Indeed. Though they'd began to gather traction properly in the last few weeks. It's even quite plauisble Falcao was done because Welbeck (and to a lesser extent Chicho) wanted to leave.
Can't imagine much of a better reaction to loosing your squad rotation strikers by instantly landing Falcao.

Moriarty

Could well be. In any event, I'm not going to wail and gnash my teeth over it. Shame we couldn't palm Anderson off on Wenger too.

bleedred

I don't mind him leaving at all , even to Arsenal, but 16m is daylight robbery for Arsenal. Desperate on the last hours of deadline day, and fans crying out for a signing,, we gift them an England International of his age for 16m... :rolleyes:

fallengt

a bit gutted but I don't wish him luck (which also mean less chance for us to be in top 4 ).

fatboy

He was one of those I thought would fit into the 4-3-3 we were supposed to work towards, on the left side of the front 3. I hope this doesn't mean we're sticking with 3-5-2 for the rest of the season.

Not the best player in the world, but clever, hardworking and loves the club. I wish him all the best, but there are at least 3 or 4 more players (still with us) I would have moved before selling him. Hope Van Gaal knows what he's doing.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
I don't mind him leaving at all , even to Arsenal, but 16m is daylight robbery for Arsenal. Desperate on the last hours of deadline day, and fans crying out for a signing,, we gift them an England International of his age for 16m... :rolleyes:
Yeah.....And we just got a Dutch international, who was one of their best players at this years WC for 14 million, who is also only a few months older then Welbeck....Think about it

shabz

He was another player who had to go, it was clear that LVG only saw him as a bit part player and keeping him would only result in an unhappy player who could disrupt the squad.

Selling him to Arsenal could work for us or against us depending on how the season unfolds, he could beat off all other top 4 contenders and as long as we do our job then we will qualify for the CL, he could equally perform well against us and hamper our progress in the league, he could even hold them back but I don't seeing him being a failure at Arsenal. I think Roy Hodgson will be rubbing his hands tonight, he has his three main attackers at three top clubs and they look likely to be starters for those clubs.

Cerpin

Best of luck to him. Sad to see him leave, but it's for the best if he's not going to get a fair crack at the striker's position here.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Very sad to see him leave. I don't agree with it at all but all the best to him. Even at Arsenal, I truly hope he does well.

Indired

Still remember that stunner of a goal when he was still a prospect .. Sad to wake up to this news, am a great fan of him :(

I have a feeling he is going to bang them in at Arse..

LVG better get this right.. else the two names would be used in the same sentence a lot in future.. (like Moyes and Fellaini ) .

Esquire

I doubt very much one had to do with the other as much as people are thinking.
Agreed. Journos like Martin Samuel slagging us for not having a coherent transfer policy in place while espousing that of City's. What an utter load of BS. It is very clear what the strategy for this window was:

1. shore up the left wing back and left centre back position (Blind and Rojos). On the right we "should" be relatively stable with Evans, Smalling and Jones.
2. address the lack of dynamism up front (RVP always injured and not clicking with Rooney) with Falcao
3. pace and verve on the wing or attacking mid with ADM
4. address the underspending in the past years
5. get us back in the CL asap.

Yes Mata may be displaced given our new personnel but he was not LVG's buy and FFS look at Barca and RM - they routinely have stars on the bench. Further, we all know and admit that the restructuing of the team won't and cannot be fixed in just one window (i.e., Strootman and one CB this winter window?). So for all those people who say we don't have a coherent and rational transfer policy in place is utterly ignorant.

binary bot
In the words of David Moyes: Danny! Danny! Danny Welbeck!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I have to be honest, I'm a lot more gutted about this then I thought I would be. I'm far from his biggest fan but I did like him, just didn't think he could ever become as good as he could if he stayed. He's doing what's best for his career and you have to respect that because it would have been the hardest decision he's had to make in his life probably, leaving United.

Not everyone will be like this but I hope he does well at arsenal, for his sake. They're a "proper" club and all that, play good football, and Wenger will bring the best out of him, but its better then if he was just a sub for us forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.